Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Cap?

DirtyIrishman

The problem I see with this vs. typical RPG tech tree is that in Warframe you already start with a very limited number of skills, so forcing you to specialize in one or two skills makes it like you're basically playing half your class. What they should have done was made it easy to gain access to all your skills, where you COULD max all four skills out by level 30 if you wanted, but focused specialization on the additional nodes, like Power, Health, Shield, etc. Every class should have access to all their powers, and should be able to max them all out, but each player would then be given the chose of whether they wanted more HP, or more Power, or more Shields, so everyones stats are different while they still have the basic fundamentals of their class.

Edit: It also doesn't help that it seems like they nerfed the last power for every class, my Volt with maxed out Overload can't even kill Infested on Jupiter anymore. What's the point of having an ultimate ability that requires a Reactor to even access if it does crap damage? My friend playing an excalibur was saying the same thing about his Radial Javeline as well.

Edited by Severanth

My suggestion would be to put each power on the same path, so that you can choose to max out two or three, or maybe only go up to level 1 or 2 on a few and max out 1, as it is now it seems like everything is just sort of spread out randomly so you're forced so that you can only max one or two and take like 1 level in the rest, if even.

+1

One way I could see it working well would be having three branches, they all start from your first Power, so like Volt would start at Shock. Each path has 9 core nodes, going Shock > Upgrade > Power > Upgrade > Power > Upgrade > Power > Upgrade > Power > Upgrade, where upgrade could be a mod slot, more power, more health, or more shield. Down each path would be a total of 30 Points, and then you could spread from each of these three paths the extra 15 points that would be more shield, health, or power that way I can choose if I want to just spend all 30 points maxing out my four powers, or maybe I don't want one power so I spend the points I would on that path to buy the secondary upgrades down another path, or maybe I only want up to the second level so again I buy up to that point then spend the rest on the secondary upgrades that branch off of the center paths.

Edited by Severanth