Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RGB keyboard support

[DE]Saske

For Christmas I treated myself to a RGB keyboard (Razer BlackWidow X Chroma) and after playing some Blizzard games like Overwatch or Diablo 3 I noticed how great RGB keyboard support can be.

In Overwatch the keyboard color changes depending on what class you pick or what ability you use. In Diablo 3 ability key light up when off cooldown or blinks when ranking up or a legendary drops. 

Here are two YouTube videos showing the RGB support for those two games:

Spoiler

Since Fashion Frame is a really big part in Warframe, official RGB keyboard support depending on a Frames energy color or actions in-game could be a interesting idea to think about.

Most RGB keyboards have variety of ways to be customized. You can create profiles for each game and have them take effect automatically when launching each game. I can do a lot of things with my Logitech G410, but I'm not sure about walmart keyboards like Razer tho.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

2 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Most RGB keyboards have variety of ways to be customized. You can create profiles for each game and have them take effect automatically when launching each game. I can do a lot of things with my Logitech G410, but I'm not sure about walmart keyboards like Razer tho.

But you can't really make them do anything related to in-game events if the devs don't code it in the first place. One exception I can think of is making a program that reads parts of the screen and feeds the information into the keyboard's RGB lights. But that's too sketchy, might trigger the anticheat, and it will force you to disable a few features like HUD movement.

actually any one with coding knowledge could make this, if you go to there website (razer) you can go to the apps section and make your own, all you have to do is submit it for bug testing and then any one that goes to the site and downloads it can use it

as a black widow chroma user myself i would love this

(unfortunately the things you talk about arnt possible with the generic customization)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive asked this  for Logitech G19s support for a few years with threads that were just deleted,no reason given,not even a "No" ,which would have been nice instead  of deleting threads,or archived or whatever they did with them.

Edited by Hooride

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Hooride said:

This is how DE treats  people who supported them,from the begining at that....Why no response,again?

First of all I am not DE, I am a Community Moderator.. Second of all this is a Feedback Thread, I was suggesting that they should add RGB keyboard support.

RGB Keyboard would be cool, but I don't think that it would be complex as the Overwatch video, since we have lots of Warframes and Customization. It would be more simple like, Health/Shields/Energy bar, Power usage, Ammo, etc.

On 15/02/2017 at 6:27 PM, Hooride said:

This is how DE treats  people who supported them,from the begining at that....Why no response,again?

6W5mJJ7.png
Community Moderator. Not DE itself or anything related to the central mind of Warframe. He can't give a solid response because he doesn't work in that area.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just figured I'd make this clear, I'd love to do it myself but I want to know:
1) Would/will this be supported soon?
1A) Would this support be customization?
2) If not, what is a developer certified(TM) way I do it myself without triggering the anti-cheat?

• 1 month later...

Please note that this member of the Design Council would like to see this happen, as I just bought a Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum. I'd understand how it wouldn't be a priority though, as the Devs have bigger fish to fry than some light effects for the small minority of us with RGB keyboards.