Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GTX 1080 low GPU usage.

Multicom-EN-

3 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

I always sit between 40-60% GPU usage. I am playing at 1440p so the CPU is not a big factor. I drop down to 60-80 FPS in public matches most of the time. 

Is this just a bug or? 

There are some issues with the 1000 series cards with Warframe, seems like an Nvidia issue. However, the issue is a consistent degradation of performance resulting in gaming at 30fps or lower.

You can try these steps:

-Verify Game Cache through the launcher
-Update drivers
-(or follow the steps other users have tried in the above thread to remedy on Nvidia's side)

That being said, a common misconception amongst PC gamers is that 'X' Hardware directly translates to 'X' framerate. The truth is, 'X' hardware gives you the potential for 'X' framerate. Your other components, and the Apps you run on them are a large factor in what the end result will be (look at Adobe's encoding vs other video editing software's encoding) 

GPU's are comparatively dumb processors. They do what they are asked, and if they aren't asked to do anything difficult, they don't work as hard. Warframe leans on the CPU more than the GPU, so if the CPU has trouble, the GPU has trouble. The good news is that if you want, you can run your game at higher resolutions(4K?), since resolution is not bound to the CPU, and is one of the few things wholly GPU bound.

This doesn't mean the CPU is bad, but it is a reflection on how Warframe keeps track of the game world. In this regard, i think DE are intrinsically aware of the way Warframe runs on CPU's, since that is where your code is executed.

If you have specific issues, like a particular tileset, you can submit an EE.log, and this might help DE diagnose how the game runs on other PC's. But by and large, getting 120fps out of Warframe in a mission is quite difficult. 

Edited by MillbrookWest