Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There was a lot of kids on Zariman Ten Zero

Chocolate_Thunder01

5 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Zariman Ten Zero was supposed to be a colony ship to populate Tau, so its population might have been much bigger than 26 million.

Even if the ship was somehow bigger on the inside than the outside, I don't see it carrying 26 million anything. Not to mention that it would also be carrying about twice that amount in adults, if not more. So more like 80 million.

I don't think there are 26 million Tenno in the lore, even if the Orokin replicated the Zariman accident. It's just gameplay, like us killing Alad V over and over again. And if there are 26 million Tenno, the Grineer would probably be extinct by now - no amount of cloning could replace the amount we slay in any given mission.

• Like 1

The important part of the lore is that "YOU" the player are always part of the Zariman Ten Zero incident and that's not subject to total number of tenno. You have to ignore that certain single-player to MMO type variations of story-telling. 26million tenno didn't save the same child in the glast gambit in a single universe but player tenno saved the child in 26million different universes.  Souls series world bending for people that are familiar with that game series. World instancing for everyone!

The lore also hints a little to the orokin knowingly sending children to the void. This possibility can account for infinite number of "tenno" children by just naming all the afflicted after the originals.

Dude, if there were 26 millon tenno kids, can you imagine how many orokin guardians would be needed to stop them? and even before they could ever control their powers?? that would be either insane or the most awesome thing ever.

Edited by Arandabido

Well it's not official if the number of registered players represent the number of Tenno in universe. That is merely a cute way for DE to adress the community. So far we actualy have no real indicator on how many Tenno officialy exist, or are official awake by the point the game is currently at with it's singular !HERO! storyline.

One has to wonder how a dirty "no-quest" peasant Tenno must have experienced Second Dream and The War Within. That is, if these other Tenno are even meant to have allready been active at that point, or if the HERO is all alone at moment?

Though even if the number of Tenno currently existing is somewhere in the millions. That doesn't necessarily mean these Tenno are actualy the original Zariman kids.

Perhaps there were only like 40 surviving kids. So in order to have an army, the Orokin used some kind of space-magic 3D flesh printer to replicate the kids perfectly multiple times. Not being able to reproduce the events which gave the Tenno their powers, but being able to copy their memories and bodies with the powers attached. Maybe the Orokin actualy turned each of the original kids into one of the Warframes, giving weight to the death of the original Mirage and Limbo.

Or perhaps an even more freakish idea. There only ever was one kid who survived the events on board of the Zariman and all current Tenno are essentialy echos of him/her given physical form and a live on their own, while the original kid is a Void god.

In the end it's all up in the air until DE decides to give clear info with the story.

I like to think of the multiverse theory. Each player is in their own universe. Alone. However when in multiplayer, a universal intersection occurs so that multiple tenno can team up. The individual universes seperate when back alone. Relays, dojos, etc is a special structure that exists in every universe and links them together. Relays link all together while dojos link only those in your clan.

Honestly, the reservoir as depicted in the quest seemed to contain 8 tenno max. It's possible there were more reservoirs hidden all over the moon, but still,there's defintively not 26 millions tennos in the canon. There's 26 millions registered losers ,but not 26 millions tennos.

Judging from the average size of grineer and corpus ships, it kinda give the impression most crafts in the warframe universe usually hold less than 500 people.. Considering all the adults were killed, I'd say 100 is a credible number for the children of the Zariman ship. Considering most missions in warframe involve 4 tennos, and considering relays only hold maybe a hundred tennos at once, it's safe to assume there's a limited canon amount of tennos. It's especially logical when you consider that Lotus is in contact with the tennos... She would not be able to keep track and provide support to an endless number of operatives simultaneously, giving credit to the theory that there's probably less than a hundred tennos in the canon. I think 50 tennos seems like the most likely number... Enough to have a few missions going one at once and give the feeling of a community, but not enough to feel like an army. Basically, tennos are a special force, not an army.... The "twisted few that returned from the void", as said in the codex.

In the canon, one can assume that when the moon returned from the void, the lotus sent a warning to all existing warframes to go and pick up their "tenno" before it was too late, which would explain why our warframe/tenno only cared about themselves and basically left all other tennos inside their pods. It always bugs me to see my frame pick up a single tenno, leaving all other pods there to potentially get killed... But alas, you have to assume the other warframes came for their masters too.

Of course, in terms of lore, there's clearly a "chosen one" mindeset, because the game is structured to make it seem like your tenno is the only one that matters, the only one that gets things done...

I mean, all important things that happen in this universe happen to your very own tenno. Asides from maybe community goals like invasions and defeating acolytes, 98% of warframe is you being the "one" that takes out a boss, saves the day and gets personal attention from space mom. So yes, you're special, even though there's more people similar to you.

In my head canon, there's probably 20 ish tennos that made it out alive. The frames I meet on missions are the multiple frames of these tennos, and not nececesarily differnet tennos each time.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

9 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

At this rate, I'm not sure if the gameplay is canonical or not.

its not. sentients shouldnt be able to decimate us like they can. void was supposed to be poisonous to them but they gain resistance to that. and us the might tenno should be invincible to the grineer. i mean we destroyed their masters which were far superior to them in any way without any real effort. and in gameplay a single bombard can oneshot you.

4 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Aside from player's Tenno being the chosen one, I think a line from Inaros quest hinted us that Orokin could replicate Zariman incident using children they've been capturing from colonies.

Actually I think those ones were meant for the Continuity ritual.

On 1/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, ZodiacShinryu said:

The important part of the lore is that "YOU" the player are always part of the Zariman Ten Zero incident and that's not subject to total number of tenno. You have to ignore that certain single-player to MMO type variations of story-telling. 26million tenno didn't save the same child in the glast gambit in a single universe but player tenno saved the child in 26million different universes.  Souls series world bending for people that are familiar with that game series. World instancing for everyone!

The lore also hints a little to the orokin knowingly sending children to the void. This possibility can account for infinite number of "tenno" children by just naming all the afflicted after the originals.

What makes me think this is true about sending in more kids to become tenno is that according to the lore the primes had people in the suits. So it makes me think either the original 10-0 group piloted primes while the ones the player base is supposed to be might be replicated event to make more tenno. I know our Tenno remembers the adults going crazy ect, but if they replicated it then it could be on a much larger scale.

There's a big difference between 26 million registered losers and 40k actual players. Of course DE like to tout the big numbers. But if they wanted players to stay, they would do well to get off their high horse and stop angering more than half the playerbase every month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 4:10 PM, UltimateSpinDash said:

Even if the ship was somehow bigger on the inside than the outside, I don't see it carrying 26 million anything. Not to mention that it would also be carrying about twice that amount in adults, if not more. So more like 80 million.

I don't think there are 26 million Tenno in the lore, even if the Orokin replicated the Zariman accident. It's just gameplay, like us killing Alad V over and over again. And if there are 26 million Tenno, the Grineer would probably be extinct by now - no amount of cloning could replace the amount we slay in any given mission.

THE ZARIMAN IS A TARDIS!!