Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about a Gender swap option for our Warframes?!!

(XBOX)Joe Phosphate

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

I think you misunderstand what raging is. I am not angry in any way at all. And how many of the male frames are realistically neglegible? I would say that most of the male frame have there uses but far less used and versatile than the female frames. Nit picking isn't going to solve anything. I fell like the numbers SHOULD BE 30 male and 15 female. Why? Because of the gaming industry, that's why. The majority of gamers are male and I do mean normal males. Not creeps with mommy issues or some odd fettish.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

I think you misunderstand what raging is. I am not angry in any way at all. And how many of the male frames are realistically neglegible? I would say that most of the male frame have there uses but far less used and versatile than the female frames. Nit picking isn't going to solve anything. I fell like the numbers SHOULD BE 30 male and 15 female. Why? Because of the gaming industry, that's why. The majority of gamers are male and I do mean normal males. Not creeps with mommy issues or some odd fettish.

I don't want to get into a gender war, I don't really care that much about this issue, but I just want to point out that what you said is provably untrue. 

Females were once a very small percentage of the gaming industry -- that is no longer the case. Statistics show that the percentages are now a lot closer. While it may not be exactly fifty fifty, women are no longer a small subset of the gaming audience. They are a force that any studio that wants to be taken seriously needs to pay attention to -- because they are spending dollars on games at an increasingly fast pace compared to before. 

Females are still underrepresented as developers, but any devs who still ignore what women want in games are ignoring close to half of their market... 

It'd be interesting to see what alternate designs would look like, as well as shuffles up the playstyle pool for people who feel a preference for one body type or the other, but idek if it's really something to be prioritzed. DE sometime ago said they weren't adverse to the concept, they understood to some players it would be a very welcomed option, but they also said they would rather put said efforts into creating new frames, if they are already going to length to create an entire new model and rigging. Not sure how much these alternatives would fit into the warframe lore however, it's already been made clear these suits weren't designed to actually hold a person, so their physical shape in terms of fitting a multitude of shapes is unneeded, and while the Orokin do seem to be a pretty material people would they really care so much as to make multiple iterations of the same frame in male and female forms merely for the sake of it? I honestly think they'd follow the same logic as DE, which is if they are going to go far enough to think up a new physical design for their little tools of destruction, they might as well give it a new function while they are at it. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

So, you have an issue when a company tries to promote an even gender ratio for their characters? And you think it's wise to have a 2:1 gender ratio based off unbacked speculative statistics and bigoted personal opinions?

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't want to get into a gender war, I don't really care that much about this issue, but I just want to point out that what you said is provably untrue. 

Females were once a very small percentage of the gaming industry -- that is no longer the case. Statistics show that the percentages are now a lot closer. While it may not be exactly fifty fifty, women are no longer a small subset of the gaming audience. They are a force that any studio that wants to be taken seriously needs to pay attention to -- because they are spending dollars on games at an increasingly fast pace compared to before. 

Females are still underrepresented as developers, but any devs who still ignore what women want in games are ignoring close to half of their market... 

the real irony is that those numbers are so close albeit a lot of gaming companies still thinking like the op and marketing primarily to males, really puts into perspective how big the potential female gamer pool is. 

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

I got a possible explanation that makes just as much sense as yours

You like staring at male butts and that's why you want more male frames in the game, admit it xD

I think the way DE phrased it a while ago was that instead of putting the resources required to make a 2nd frame with the same power as an already designed one they preferred creating a entirely new one.

I think one way they could've gone at it would have been to gender swap the primes. So each time a prime frame was released it would have been of a different gender that the original one. But it's bit late for that I think.

Then again... maybe Umbra ! (:p)

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Joe Phosphate said:

I mean the 1 sided ration of female to male frames is just overwelming by itself, but what about a simple gender swap optioin? I am a male player, so if I wish to immerse myself into the role of a super hero of sorts, why would I want to have boobs? I'm not Caitlyn Jenner. My operator looks like a chick also. It seems like this game was tailored and geared more towards a female man-hating player base.

Lol

You're overthinking it.

While the op is worded poorly.   I agree that each frame should have a male and female body design.   Not just that female base frames should have make counter parts, but the reverse as well, male frames having female counter parts.    Unless there is lore that I am unaware of for frames being gender specific, it makes sense.   As frames are more or less puppets filled with mutated infested flesh of some sort as I understand it.   So the gender should be up to the maker, which is the player.   Now, if a "female" genome is needed for a specific frames powers, then it makes sense to leave as is.   But otherwise, would like to see both genders.    Nothing wrong with those the prefer to play any specfic gender of character.   This a Fashion Frame decision as well.   Would even be happy if it cost plat.

Till then, I just figure my "female" frames were Kuva Guards, lost alot of weight, but couldn't afford the complete excess skin removal surgery and are stuck with man boobs. 

Also find it funny that most seem to be assuming that its males only that want the swap and no female would be interested in a female based Frost, Rhino or Atlas.  Or playing male versions of the female frames.    My wife, while not much a warframe player does play WoW and uses both genders of a bunch of different characters.  

2 minutes ago, folklore504 said:

Nezha is male. Straight from the description quote of Nezha. 

"This is Nezha, the protector, the quick.  Feel the heat, Tenno. Nezha is a burning thing, and he makes a fiery ring."  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nezha

He knows, but it's a running joke that he's more like a ladyboy than a male since he's so feminine. 

1 minute ago, _Vortus_ said:

Also find it funny that most seem to be assuming that its males only that want the swap and no female would be interested in a female based Frost, Rhino or Atlas.  Or playing male versions of the female frames.    My wife, while not much a warframe player does play WoW and uses both genders of a bunch of different characters.  

+100

It would be nice to have options personally I'd like a female Frost and a male Ember.

They have brought this up before and pretty much said no. But I'm hoping now that the story is starting to flesh out that it will be possible.

7 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

As concerns this thread that's not an assumption, the open explicitly stated that his issue is that there aren't enough male 'frames, despite the fact that there are more male 'frames than female 'frames.

I think most people would be happy if we could click our fingers and suddenly have male and female variants of every Warframe, but the cost overhead involved in that and the number of projects it would delay simply to introduce some new skins and models makes it unfeasible. Every base model, at least, would have to have a complete rebuild, unless you just want to sloppily do it by rounding out the male models and flattening the female ones, which would be absurd and frankly insulting. You're talking about a project that is, in terms of design work required, identical to the project of adding Prime variants of every Warframe. And really, unless you want to spark some fairly major controversy, DE would have to release all of this work for 0 Platinum/real world price. So, you delay everything that's on the design board that requires a new model (new weapons, new 'frames, new enemies, new tilesets, new companions, etc) and get nothing in return except a marginally reduced number of nonsensical complaints...

Deja Vu, i saw this exact thread made not that long ago. Not worth the development investment so that you can enjoy a gigantic female crotchplate-less rhino, imo. If you want to gender swap go play equinox and spam 1.

Edited by Skaleek

The OP of this thread is inappropriate and has not promoted a constructive discussion. There is much diversity in Warframe choices, a little bit of everything for everyone. As it stands now and has stood for a long time, the Warframes will not be re-skinned or re-rigged for the opposite gender. This thread will now be locked.