Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Panthera Secondary Fire on Controller

(PSN)Thaxor291

A few days ago I got a Riven mod for the Panthera from the sortie, so I decided to give the weapon a try to see if it was actually worth investing in it. I started leveling it and found a problem right away. Not about the weapon's stats or mechanics but about it's actual usability with my keybindings on the PS4 controller.

The problem is the following:

The secondary fire (short range sawblade) is activated by pressing and holding down the right thumb stick. The same thumb stick used to look around. This means that when you use the secondary fire, you can't look around because you are locked holding the thumbstick down.

Tryng to move it while pressed results in an unconfortable and useless effort that often resets the animation of the sawblade. This situation yields to a gameplay scenario where the direction you are looking at is stuck while having the secondary fire active, limiting a lot it's usability, stablishing a huge handicap and definetly making the experience tiring and less enjoyable. Not only that, but on a mission where enemies are capable of dealing considerable damage it's simply not viable to use it because you need to be quick to attack and move.

The solution I find the most reasonable is to make the secondary fire for this weapon a toogle. Press the thumbstick once to activate, press again to deactivate. This way you can look around while having the secondary fire active.

I would really like to make that riven useful and see a weapon with an interesting mechanic like this be usable in a regular gameplay scenario so please DE, read this. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...