Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission accessibility issue (LOR, OD)

FAZZWARFRAME

11 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Or its a outmoded design philosophy that was a dance made specifically to retain players monthly for a subscription based game as content took so long to create. It usually came down to memorization after you have the gear numbers. Not on the fly skill that this particular game should designed around. Ive seen simpler raid mechanics in Destiny that seem challenging but not convoluted. DE has a problem in telegraphing information.

What " on the fly skill that this particular game should designed around " skill have this game ? aim ? no .. half of weapons bypass that . Correct positioning ? , with the pakour you can literally fly out of any danger (that if you are not using some of the many method to be almost invul and ignore almost all enemy mechanic)  . Cooperation/coordination ? no , aside from stay in buttons you can literally do all without talking or planing .

Edited by Yagamilight123

14 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

No , no exp need it . Just go , recruit a group and try ,fail , learn together ...

Should I take it that you would support the idea of removing keys requirement then? It would definitely promote just going there, recruiting a group and failing over and over to learn together?

4 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

What " on the fly skill that this particular game should designed around " skill have this game ? aim ? no .. half of weapons bypass that . Correct positioning ? , with the pakour you can literally fly out of any danger (that if you are not using some of the many method to be almost invul and ignore almost all enemy mechanic)  . Cooperation/coordination ? no , aside from stay in buttons you can literally do all without talking or planing .

'should' be. And Launchers do not make up half the available weapons. They can simply make some raid units immune to Simulor gravity too.

I've been playing for over 3 years, never done a single raid cause I simply don't want to look for a group to do it, coordinate with them etc. Why are people being forced to socialize as the OP put it if they want to earn the arcanes? It kinda sucks. They should have never introduced those raids in the first place, it's a bad attempt to make Warframe something it is not.

11 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

There was a lot of mentioning about the low usage for raids, attributing to both the difficulty and lack luster rewards.  I would however say that accessibility issue is as equal if not a bigger factor.  To put this simply:

• Having to socialize with people in order to get a group together to start a mission is too much of a barrier of entry

The thing that I love about star map 3.0 and transforming void prime farming to relic farming is that it redistributes player concentration and spread them across missions.  Now I can go into public missions and expect to have other people playing with me all the time, as opposed to how most of the missions being a wasteland in 2.0.  I love playing with other players but absolutely hate having to find / host groups for a specific mission, I just want to jump into public, play a game, without feeling the pressure to have to make friends.

I think the key system for raid and OD missions are out dated, just make everything public so people can try it out and goof around.  For serious players they can still do the private group.

No. Just no.

11 hours ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

There was a lot of mentioning about the low usage for raids, attributing to both the difficulty and lack luster rewards.  I would however say that accessibility issue is as equal if not a bigger factor.  To put this simply:

• Having to socialize with people in order to get a group together to start a mission is too much of a barrier of entry

The thing that I love about star map 3.0 and transforming void prime farming to relic farming is that it redistributes player concentration and spread them across missions.  Now I can go into public missions and expect to have other people playing with me all the time, as opposed to how most of the missions being a wasteland in 2.0.  I love playing with other players but absolutely hate having to find / host groups for a specific mission, I just want to jump into public, play a game, without feeling the pressure to have to make friends.

I think the key system for raid and OD missions are out dated, just make everything public so people can try it out and goof around.  For serious players they can still do the private group.

I agree on the Orokin derelict missions, but raids are called raids for a reason they are meant to be the end game content(but they are still easy) only done by the people who have reached that point in the game, if you have gotten tovthe endgame without having ever used recruiting chat then, CONGRATS you have managed to be the least social person on warframe. :P

OD should be more easily accessible, there's no reason for it to be only key accessible anymore. 

Raids should stay as keys only, u need to coordinate a proper squad for them and they are fine as they are right now (minus bugs). 

Raids aren't intended for everyone, whether it's the "having to be social" thing or "Idk how to do them, so I don't want to drag everyone down" or those two reasons combined, it's not like they're too big of an obstacles in reality, if truly want to get into them. Ofc there's the whole having proper gear for the raids, but raids are intended to be end game content anyways. 

Being social is part of life and everyone can learn the raids, it's true that there aren't rly many people in regular recruiting offering the chance to teach u the raids but any bigger clan and/or raid school bus on Discord can help u with them. 

Tl:dr - OD should have keys removed, raids should be requiring keys because group compositions are important in them. 

2 hours ago, NPC said:

OD should be more easily accessible, there's no reason for it to be only key accessible anymore. 

Raids should stay as keys only, u need to coordinate a proper squad for them and they are fine as they are right now (minus bugs). 

Raids aren't intended for everyone, whether it's the "having to be social" thing or "Idk how to do them, so I don't want to drag everyone down" or those two reasons combined, it's not like they're too big of an obstacles in reality, if truly want to get into them. Ofc there's the whole having proper gear for the raids, but raids are intended to be end game content anyways. 

Being social is part of life and everyone can learn the raids, it's true that there aren't rly many people in regular recruiting offering the chance to teach u the raids but any bigger clan and/or raid school bus on Discord can help u with them. 

Tl:dr - OD should have keys removed, raids should be requiring keys because group compositions are important in them. 

Kinda wish the raid schoolbus was more well known, cause those guys are great, by helping people new to raids do them slowly so they can learn how.

Something like this was posted on another topic but I'm just going to say what some other player said and I thought it would be a good idea. Having a tab dedicated to soties and raids plus any other end game content they want to throw in later.

Since those 2 are the the least posted about I think if they made it into its own tab then the regular recruitment tab would be freed up and less spammed also.