The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the current End game isn't keeping me playing

dashashou

This game desperately needs a token system for sortie rewards.

I haven't had the motivation to do sorties lately because most likely I'll be disappointed with the 2k endo, 4k endo, or lens reward I ALWAYS seem to get.

My current routine:

1. log on
  2. retrieve and deploy extractors
  3. check invasions to see if any weapon parts spawned (yeah right...)
  4. consider doing sorties
  5. recall the last 20+ rewards I've received from sorties: 2k endo, 4k endo, useless lens
  6. log off

3 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

This game desperately needs a token system for sortie rewards.

I haven't had the motivation to do sorties lately because most likely I'll be disappointed with the 2k endo, 4k endo, or lens reward I ALWAYS seem to get.

My current routine:

1. log on
  2. retrieve and deploy extractors
  3. check invasions to see if any weapon parts spawned (yeah right...)
  4. consider doing sorties
  5. recall the last 20+ rewards I've received from sorties: 2k endo, 4k endo, useless lens
  6. log off

My current routine:

Don't login

:D

8 hours ago, Eleodon said:

People complain about endgame, but theyr is a leaderboard you know ? You can try to beat some record for earn your place in the top 20.

You should see PS leaderboards, no updating and not enough people do it since the update. Leaderboards don't offer anything to reward players and doesn't mean endgame. What's the point of reaching top 20?

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

My issue with the lack of endgame isnt the challenge.. things can be plenty challenging if you run things solo. My issue is that there is no distant goal to reach. A set of arcane avengers would be a nice goal.. if i had recieved even one avenger in the hundred or so lor runs ive done. But its not even really a goal you can work towards solo with a guaranteed end in sight. I want a goal that makes me as a player feel rewarded, not cry cus rngsus hates me.

The problem with this game is there is no increased incentive for playing high level enemies outside of sorties and I guess longer relic runs. They did it pretty good in relics, the longer you stay the higher the enemies get, but you get a temp booster every 5 rounds/waves. This is great for people who want to play long, they get extra incentive on top of it.

But outside of those, why should I farm this resource here, or just play this level here past the initial 5 minutes when the enemies get harder, take longer etc, but we gain no extra anything for it. There is absolutely 0 point in fighting level 1 enemies or the same enemies at level 200, if anything all efficiency goes way down at that point. They don't even get higher drop chances as they go up.

They really should implement the relic increased loot / affinity / credits etc in every endless mission, just make it lower amounts I guess like 10% per rank instead of 25% because it's not a relic being burned.

Edited by Coaa

Going kinda slightly off-topic but interstingly enough i never seen a mmo-like game where so called 'end game" could satisfy me.

The thing about late game is that its a point of the game wherr you have 99% of available gear and also you are vastly overpowered.

End game is when you have nothing else to play for - there's no progress or its extremely painfuly slow like "1% of EXP per hour of farming" kind of slow.

Mosy online games make PvP the final of endgame. Truly - what's the best place to test your amazing gear than not PvP?

But PvP in Warframe is something people prefer to ignore and you are not even allowed to mod weapons in there.

So yeah... I just prefer to believe that endgame does not exist and veterans have nothing else to do but to play just for the sake of it.

Edited by Artek94

8 hours ago, Volinus7 said:

http://www.pcinvasion.com/warframe-director-supportive-players-are-subject-to-some-poisonous-attitudes/amp/?client=ms-android-boost-us

It's just your imagination, Rivens are common and everybody gets good rolls there's no slot machines in this game at all!!!

To be fair warframes not a slot machine with RL money, you know what you're getting when you purchase items with platinum. I believe that is what Steve is talking about in that particular article. Rivens are RNG but theres no real life money manipulation, you grind kuva ingame, and spend that to reroll the rivens. The Rivens can be purchased via trading for platinum, but you can't buy them straight out from DE. 

I know a lot of eastern MMO's that literally have "cash shop boxes" that have a chance to give you what you want, which is deplorable and should actually be illegal for minors since it can be considered a form of gambling. If DE were to ever implement something like that, then I would say a line has been crossed, thus far, I would say DE has done a good job staying on the side of not "pay2win" territory.

Edited by Skaleek

OP You're just burnt out. It's bound to happen after doing the same things everyday for a couple years, regardless of whatever confetti they throw in to keep us distracted. Endgame is a myth: a bunch of high level content that people will burn thru in a couple hours before asking for more "endgame". A good, functional and dynamic gameplay is what I personally appreciate the most, and it's what has kept me around for over 3 years.

I agree that stuff like the 5 min/5 wave relic re-select screen is kinda awkward, not to mention it has broke on me if there's a host migration, making other squad members lose rewards.

38 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

OP You're just burnt out. It's bound to happen after doing the same things everyday for a couple years, regardless of whatever confetti they throw in to keep us distracted. Endgame is a myth: a bunch of high level content that people will burn thru in a couple hours before asking for more "endgame". A good, functional and dynamic gameplay is what I personally appreciate the most, and it's what has kept me around for over 3 years.

I agree that stuff like the 5 min/5 wave relic re-select screen is kinda awkward, not to mention it has broke on me if there's a host migration, making other squad members lose rewards.

I wouldnt say so, burned out would imply literally everything makes a person bored in game, yet he is pretty willing to keep playing and seems to be enthusiastic about it, the problem is that he has no goal to achieve that falls into *humanly possible* category, because 0.00000001% of getting riven rolls you want is not really a possible goal, even buying it is not possible thanks to horrible trading system. And well... besides rivens, we have nothing to work for at all.

Edited by Shining_Darkness

I've just about completely weened myself off the game thanks to the glorious "content" de has released over the past year.  I think I'll take a break and maybe come back in 6 months or so, when this game is hopefully less soul-crushingly boring.

4 hours ago, Shining_Darkness said:

I wouldnt say so, burned out would imply literally everything makes a person bored in game, yet he is pretty willing to keep playing and seems to be enthusiastic about it, the problem is that he has no goal to achieve that falls into *humanly possible* category, because 0.00000001% of getting riven rolls you want is not really a possible goal, even buying it is not possible thanks to horrible trading system. And well... besides rivens, we have nothing to work for at all.

That's a completely subjective problem imo. I don't really think it's humanly possible for the devs to pump out every month "end game" content that every "veteran" out there will like, thus preventing threads like this. While I completely agree that there are aspects of the game to be improved, these "gimme real endgame" issue will persist regardless of what the devs do.

Criticizing Kuva runs for "being the same mission over and over" is nonsense... that's what we do in the game from day one... Makes me think he's more frustrated from bad unveils/rerolls; then rename the thread to feedback on Rivens or something.

Also the whole God Riven thing is bait. It does nothing but appeal to the OCD of people so that they don't feel at ease until they have god rivens for their favorite stuff, pushing them to either farm more (feeding the active player count) or buying them (feeding DE's business, so other ninjas can play free). Rivens are as mandatory as you want them to be.

No idea what's your problem with the trading system. I've bought and sold several rivens with no real issues. Kids always will try to put some funny prices (both high and low) but besides that it's a free market and with a bit of patience I eventually got the couple I wanted for reasonable prices.

Here is my current endgame:

Get a riven for a weapon of the "On the edge of good" class

Do kuva missions around the star chart

Reroll the mod over and over again

Do some new prime part hunting...

Hmmm sounds like normal game play to me, as if a grind shooter never had any kind of end game at all.

Only the so called endurance runs made by cheese squads.

17 hours ago, Ravel7 said:

all for a prime parts that i already have .

Yes, that is the thing. Even if all the "endless" farming was the way it used to be, it would still feel the same. In the end, it falls to you and you alone to find your motivation to play. 

The rewards you get can't possibly be your only motivation. That would mean you purposefully throw yourself at the farm.

Why don't you take a step back and think hard on why did you wanted to obtain all those things at the very beginning? I can remember quite a few good things by doing that and realize why I just keep playing.