Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Relay Navigation room to Dojo

Xarteros

It's already designed, it's really nice-looking, it'd be super easy to add a cost to it and slap it in our Dojo options. Who doesn't love a command bridge from which to launch clan missions?

The room also inherently provides terminals that players can swap loadouts from (note, not a way to enter the Arsenal, but a step in the right direction)

While I don't know much about modelling or programming, I really doubt it'd take long at all to make a dojo-certified copy of the room, apply the dojo grid system to it, and slap on a generic cost for it. Stuff like colouration options wouldn't even need to be added in right away, people wouldn't mind if that came later.

It'd just be nice to have not only as an aesthetic option, but a nice way for big guilds to squad-up in the Dojo together and embark on some missions without having to leave.

There really isn't much point to the Dojos anymore, other than trading and grabbing the latest research projects. Adding a bit more desire to chill out wouldn't hurt anyone, but it'd help pave the way for better Dojos in the future

I'd rather keep them separate. The Navigation room is already perfect for the job, and wouldn't require any real work to change. I don't really expect DE to have Dojos high on their priority, so I'm limiting my suggestions to the simplest possible additions/changes

• 2 weeks later...

The observatory already has interact-able sitting pads around and exists as a Dojo room. I suspect there would more involved in porting the Relay navigation room to a room-block usable in Dojo layouts on top of adding navigation and squad forming from Dojo which would be needed regardless.

But it's not the same room. I'm talking about adding it as a completely different room. Apparently Clans and Dojos are meant to be getting some love this year, so we're going to need more rooms.

For one, the Navigation room is MUCH smaller than the Observatory. Just look at its width and length on a map, you'll immediately see the difference. Smaller room means it's easier for players to fit in their Dojo wherever they like it, since the Observatory either needs an extended hallway or a lot of wide, empty space to squeeze in.

Plus, one of the biggest things that attracts me to the notion of the Relay's navigation room is that it has big screen panels everywhere. Maybe not right away, but later on as they work more on Dojos this year, we can get all those screen panels to show alerts, sorties, raids etc. so players in the room can just see the overview of what's going on at the moment.

You could argue that they could just add screens into the Observatory, but then you might as well argue that dojos become single-room buildings that have literally everything on terminals in that one room.