Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frames only acquired via Conclave

Lawmonark

Well, i got this idea while replying to anther thread. But i like it.

Since conclave players MUST play pve to get warframes, weapons and endo.... Why not make a frame that can only be acquired via Conclave. This would really get people playing. Maybe design the frame with conclave in mind with a weapon kit to go with it. Maybe have the parts sold for standings or a "Rare" reward for winning. One part from each of the types of conclave.

The frame could be used in both game modes, PvE and PvP.... but you get it via Conclave. 

Edited by Krhymez

5 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

Since conclave players MUST play pve to get warframes, weapons and endo.... Why not make a frame that can only be acquired via Conclave. 

Because DE said PvP will never effect PvE. And foremost Warframe is a PvE-Game.
So it makes no sense to make PvP mandatory to optain a Warframe.

Rewards should be conclave exclusive, that's something warframes are not. Not many people play or are interested in playing conclave either. Hell I won't play PvP in this game, just because I don't find it fun bunnyhopping like mad trying to avoid getting instakilled by more experienced players.

Another thing is, you shouldn't, you as in DE, be trying to force people who hate conclave to play it anyway by dangling a carrot in front of their face, read, a warframe.

Conclave has a niche that plays it and loves it, you don't want the conclave filled up with sour people who hate every minute they're forced to spend in it.

Considering Warframe is concentrated around PvE, it will probably never happen. Not to mention the vast majority of players have a dislike for the mode, the amount of backlash for this would be probably one of the greatest we've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, TruthArbiter said:

Will never happen. The core of the game is focused on PvE not PvP. Also can't you get warframes through conclave?

Yes, you can get the three beginning frames with standing. Excalibur, Volt, and Mag.

While I disagree with putting any new frame in conclave rewards exclusively, it'd be nice to be able to get all non-quest locked warframes from Teshin. And maybe replace weekly stance mod reward with a Riven mod of any type.

Edited by Ksaero

PvP was added more as an afterthought/gimmick. It's bad enough that there are heaps of skins/sigils/armour sets that are only obtainable through conclave

As it stands, Conclave is not viable for mandatory gains of ANYTHING. It's the single most ping-dependent mode in the game, and it happens to be the gamemode with the most likely chance at getting horrible ping, so for people who don't happen to live next door to the actual servers, it's an absolute nightmare of lag and massive delays.

What you should be asking for is to have more Warframes/Weapons obtainable through PvP. Teshin could even cycle through random blueprints each day/week to diversify your options, and you could get resource bundles added to his rewards list. Then you can kindly stop with this 'PvP only' absurdity in a PvE game.

If DE made a PvP-only frame, they would never live the outrage down, and heaps of people would just be put off completely (it's a big step in a bad direction for the majority of the player base, people might assume more similar steps to come and just quit). Even if the frame was only usable in PvP, it would still anger every completionist out there. 

Bad idea. Bad. Cannot begin to describe how bad this would be.

Maybe mixing PvE and PvP could be more appropriate? Since most people don't like Conclave, having a whole Warframe only available by playing it would pissed most of them. So what about one part (just one, it's not so bad) in Conclave (both from end-of-game reward and Teshin), one in Rathuum and one in the Index? People would have more than only one reason to play them. 

100% Conclave is not a good idea, but at least making those game modes worth playing would be great. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

58 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

Well, i got this idea while replying to anther thread. But i like it.

Since conclave players MUST play pve to get warframes, weapons and endo.... Why not make a frame that can only be acquired via Conclave. This would really get people playing. Maybe design the frame with conclave in mind with a weapon kit to go with it. Maybe have the parts sold for standings or a "Rare" reward for winning. One part from each of the types of conclave.

Because this is primarily a PvE game. The "people have to play PvE to get the thing, it's only fair" argument does not work. It would get people playing, but they would be forced to play. People should play because they enjoy PvP. It's bad enough that there are exclusive cosmetics behind this unbalanced, frustrating, lag-filled mode without making it worse.

Basically, putting a frame in PvP is an awful idea. PvP is, and always will be, a tacked-on experience to this game.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

28 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

While I disagree with putting any new frame in conclave rewards exclusively, it'd be nice to be able to get all non-quest locked warframes from Teshin. And maybe replace weekly stance mod reward with a Riven mod of any type.

This is a fair idea.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because this is primarily a PvE game. The "people have to play PvE to get the thing, it's only fair" argument does not work. It would get people playing, but they would be forced to play. People should play because they enjoy PvP. It's bad enough that there are exclusive cosmetics behind this unbalanced, frustrating, lag-filled mode without making it worse.

Basically, putting a frame in PvP is an awful idea. PvP is, and always will be, a tacked-on experience to this game.

People are forced to play Spy missions to get Ivara, even if they don't like it. Same with Atlas and Archwing. Nidus and Infested Salvage. Saryn and Rathuum.

Warframes in general ARE optional.

I would like to see something like this. The way to obtain it could be just games completed or overall kills gained. Many of us have been playing so long we find certain aspects boring and overplayed. 

I submitted an idea similar to this a while back with a warframe Idea called Centurion. 

It would be kind of cool and give many of us an objective in conclave again.