Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frames only acquired via Conclave

Lawmonark

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

The stats shown on the devstream.... note the 1.07% for PvP....

Sure, sure.
So if we assume the 1.07% means "only 1.07% of players play Conclave", then we can also assume that only 0.13% of players use dojos, and only 0.42% of players use relays!
Looks like "nobody" uses either of those!
Maybe DE should stop developing clan research equipment, trading, relay NPCs... right? According to your logic, sure!

Clearly the data do not fit your interpretation; the percentages do not directly correspond to "usage".
Much more likely, the values reflect "percentage of total missions completed".

Look at the 5.29% for extraction.
I guarantee you: more than 5.29% of total gameplay time was spent in excavation missions.
At the time, excavation was the best way to acquire relics and the only way to acquire cryotic.
The only reason the excavation value appears so low is because excavation missions tend to last a fair amount of time.

It's ridiculous to say "Only 5.29% of players play excavation."
It's reasonable to say "Excavation mission completions account for 5.29% of all mission completions."

Allow me to remind you that when that data was collected, Conclave sessions were hosted peer-to-peer.
Each match is ten minutes long and holds up to eight players. On top of that, host migrations allow a single session to continue for many, many matches.
By the time the last player leaves and a Conclave session "completes", it could've hosted tens of matches and hours of gameplay.

Your post must be the tenth time I've seen that inane interpretation.
Let's stop spreading flawed reasoning, yeah?

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Hema is an outlier case because of the way the dev's have screwed up with the numbers and the assumptions on clan participation etc

Have you not seen that DE is set on keeping Hema costs as they are?
It's clearly not a "mistake".

10 hours ago, Heckzu said:

But not as underplayed as you try to make it seem. Notice how during that weekend, there was 20% more time spent in raids than in Conclave. Raids take 10~25 minutes to clear and players only clear them once for the daily. Conclave is just like that; each game takes 10 minutes tops and most players play to complete their challenges. It's not something players play for hours on end, such as endless missions for ducat farming, which results in a lower play time. For that reason, relative play time has no correlation to number of players.

While it might take less time to do, it's still a metric that should be taken into account, according to that graph people spent half as much time in the relay as in conclave and that's basically showing off fashion frame, selling ducats or seeing the big yellow head....

10 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Other players screwing up on a data vault room and causing the mission to fail is completely outside of one's control. Just like how players can learn to clear all of the Spy tilesets, players can learn the basics of controlling their mobility and aim. I almost never have any connection issues with Conclave. With dedicated servers, host migrations literally never happen.

It's also not fun dealing with players who fail data vaults, players who join a LoR or JV run but have no idea what to do, players with nothing but underleveled gear in sorties, players using Mirage + Synoid Simulor, etc. The same arguments you use against Conclave can be used against PvE. So suck it up, buttercup.

So do it solo, at least you can do PvE solo, you can't do that on conclave (or have they add in the spectres they were on about at one point, although I'm sure that was for balance not solo....)

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

By your logic, nothing should be obtained from the Dojo or The Relays because so few people play them. They should fix the underlying issues before letting players trade in Maroo's Bazaar or the Dojo tbh.

Well that's a bit of a weird comparison... they're not game types, the dojo is basically the research hub for us and relays is basically a gathering centre for fashion frame.  I agree about Maroo's trading although other than sourcing trades I don't see a particular issue with the trading system in the dojo.

9 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, you could also use the ancient and arcane technique of "assemble a squad and start a public game together". You can also join the discord community to better coordinate with other players to play together.

I actually meant this method, I could get a private match set up fairly easy I'm sure (well assuming people on my friend lists actually want to do conclave... they don't either)  but in my experience public matches were like ghost towns.  Not everyone wants to rely on another service to play a quick game, it's bad enough if you want to trade stuff.

21 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

While it might take less time to do, it's still a metric that should be taken into account, according to that graph people spent half as much time in the relay as in conclave and that's basically showing off fashion frame, selling ducats or seeing the big yellow head....

Still, that graph isn't representative of how big the conclave community is. Besides, you do know that players who play conclave also play pve missions as well, right? Conclave population is ever growing, that graph, even if it reflected accurate data of how many people play it (it doesn't cause the sample is too little and done in a weekend with pve stuff going on) it's still very outdated.

So do it solo, at least you can do PvE solo, you can't do that on conclave (or have they add in the spectres they were on about at one point, although I'm sure that was for balance not solo....)

Well, Conclave is a mutiplayer  Coop/VS mode. DE discussed specters, but the conclusiong was pretty much nothing because warframe AI isn't smart enough to match a player's skill. Until we get AI that can play just as well as mid-to-advanced players, we aren't getting spectres in conclave. Balance reasons.

Well that's a bit of a weird comparison... they're not game types, the dojo is basically the research hub for us and relays is basically a gathering centre for fashion frame.  I agree about Maroo's trading although other than sourcing trades I don't see a particular issue with the trading system in the dojo.

Either you take the full chart at face value or don't, the graph also shows AW to be nearly on par with Conclave, still there is a Warframe and a Trial with super arcanes that requires AW.

I actually meant this method, I could get a private match set up fairly easy I'm sure (well assuming people on my friend lists actually want to do conclave... they don't either)  but in my experience public matches were like ghost towns.  Not everyone wants to rely on another service to play a quick game, it's bad enough if you want to trade stuff.

There's nothing wrong with recruiting on chat or friend lists, a minor inconvenience yes, but not such a huge problem to merit not adding more content to Conclave. It's like you being unable to get a squad for a specific relic and coming to the conclussion that that relic shouldn't have rewards in the first place.