Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can't login anymore

nekoXneko

2 minutes ago, Gwenwed said:

Could it be a Windows 10 issue? I'm running with Win10 and the launcher's problem is at "Checking for new content".

The issue discussed here is not with the launcher; it's with login.  And although I am on Win 10, also, not likely to be the issue.  This is a backend API problem - the authorization fails at DE's end, which is obvious, if you think about it (DE are the ones who check you're allowed to login).

Yes it definitely isn't just one OS.

So far two people have tried updating windows and it didn't help sadly.

Honestly the best theory I have is some sort of malware interfering -- one helpful user has run tests using a separate program and it failed to securely connect to our servers so it's tricky.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Honestly the best theory I have is some sort of malware interfering -- one helpful user has run tests using a separate program and it failed to securely connect to our servers so it's tricky.

Unless we're counting Microsoft telemetry, I can be very certain there is no malware on my PC.  For one thing, if there were, I'd expect to see more issues than just Warframe having networking issues (again), even if I were not careful about exposure, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Gaidheal said:

Unless we're counting Microsoft telemetry, I can be very certain there is no malware on my PC.  For one thing, if there were, I'd expect to see more issues than just Warframe having networking issues (again), even if I were not careful about exposure, etc, etc.

Scanned my Pc with anti-malware and... clean

1 hour ago, Gaidheal said:

Did some test runs on safe mode on the PC that im having issues with, several scan detect NO malware/virus or whatsoever.

I have two rigs, the main one does not log in.

I've updated Warframe in both pc's and it runs ok on the other potato. 

I just cant get it to log on the rig that runs it faster.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

A malware seems possible (my pc looks in perfect shape nothing detected) but at the same time doesnt explain why this only happened after the hotfix, in my case atleast I had logged in just fine not long before the hotfix :scared:

and seriously I don't envy you guys trying to figure this thing out because it seems such a weird and not so obvious problem :heart:

Edited by nekoXneko

Tried something I was considering earlier anyway, simply because I wanted to get my login reward (got the Hydroid blueprint);  logged in successfuly on my wife's laptop.  That machine is one room away, on the exact same network, also running Windows 10.  So, whatever is going on would seem to be as granular as individual machine setups.

Just now, Gaidheal said:

If that were the case, why would other machines work?  So, no, it's (almost certainly) not.

Well I got a Windows Defender update last night, and now my Launcher is dead. Uncomfortable coincidence (but maybe not the above problem).

Pruning 'old' encryption stuff *might* be part of a MS phased update deployment....

Just now, Daggerchild said:

Well I got a Windows Defender update last night, and now my Launcher is dead. Uncomfortable coincidence (but maybe not the above problem).

Pruning 'old' encryption stuff *might* be part of a MS phased update deployment....

In which case, you have a very different issue to what this thread is addressing:  inability to login, due to a decline at DE end.  Not inability to launch the game.  I'd suggest putting in a ticket, and this thread is not likely to be related.

So I just tested the two rigs on three different networks.

Main rig I use to play failed to log in, regardless of network and adapter used, whether is wifi or LAN cable . 

I used the LAN jack, Wireless built in adapter and another USB wifi card to test this out. 3 different paths on three different SSID's.

All these three failed.

However the other rig can log in easily with no problems, with any adapter, on any network using my original account.
I also tested it with two other accounts and they worked fine.(gf'S account & friend account).

Somehow things got messed up on this pc, I dont see how this could have happen if both machines have exact the same settings.

I check router's DHCP table and all components have different IP, no trouble with that.

Just now, LljudetInnan said:

So I just tested the two rigs on three different networks.

Main rig I use to play failed to log in, regardless of network and adapter used, whether is wifi or LAN cable . 

I used the LAN jack, Wireless built in adapter and another USB wifi card to test this out. 3 different paths on three different SSID's.

All these three failed.

However the other rig can log in easily with no problems, with any adapter, on any network using my original account.
I also tested it with two other accounts and they worked fine.(gf'S account & friend account).

Somehow things got messed up on this pc, I dont see how this could have happen if both machines have exact the same settings.

I check router's DHCP table and all components have different IP, no trouble with that.

Actually, I've just been doing the same, essentially, though to a lesser degree.  The machine that's actually mine will not login, no matter which wireless network, or using ethernet (as I typically do).  My wife's laptop connected just fine, using my login (she has no account yet, and she's not here to create one - trying to get her into the game, so we can game together).

As I said above, it's definitely machine-specific, somehow.  I just don't know how, or why it would be so when the only thing that has altered DE's hotfix.  I might assume a stealth update from MS, but my wife's machine is also Win10 and also updated at exactly the same times, over the same network.  *shrug*

1 hour ago, Mooczaczo said:

Verifi + Reinstalled (deleted warframe in appdata) still same problem.

Reinstalling, verifying, optimizing, has not fixed the issue.

As @Gaidheal says, it seems to be machine specific.

Also, I've changed SSID's name and rigs are on Win7.  

Edited by LljudetInnan
Typo error, whoops.

3 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

From what I can tell this might be somehow enhanced security checks that are failing for some people but I can't tell what makes them special. Malware maybe?

Is there no version control to see the changes that have been made? The dedicated server fails to login also. It's also quite strange that it INSTANTLY throws the error. It might indicate that there's a protocol issue if it works for others.

Edit: Looks like the last update fixed it. There must've been something on the server side, because it was fixed a few minutes before the client update got deployed.

Edited by FootjobQueen