Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan for Endo & Credits: A Small Change.

[DE]Rebecca

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I know there's a lot of people rolling in the Credits, but new players and Fusion-heavy players may have a different point of view here. I'll definitely appreciate the change over time even though I also have millions of Credits. 

I also concur - while I have millions of credits (which I got from purely farming for credits) there are plenty of non-credit farming players who are struggling big time.
Thanks for the heads up and the team for taking this so carefully into consideration.

9 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Thanks for the heads up! My ayatan statues won't be safe anymore

Btw, since the endo and credit costs needed are already in the talks, is there any chance for the endo obtained by dissolving a maxed mod to be buffed to be somewhat close to a refund? 

I maxed a copy of this mod by accident thanks to my little brother. Since I'm usually short on endo, I took another copy of the mod, maxed it to see what had been lost in the process before trying to dissolve it into endo in order to get my resources (or a part of them) back only to find this:

Here's a pic showing the amount of resources needed to max a rare mod from 0 to 10.

Hide contents

30690 Endo + 1482327 Credits

FaG4cId.jpg

amount of resources retrieved after trying to "undo" the maxing of such mod

Hide contents

140 Endo OR 3300 Credits

MHRjjqP.jpg

Personally, I don't care that much about the credits, but getting just 140 endo (~0,46% of the endo needed to max the same mod) or 3300 credits (0,22% of the credits needed to max said mod) for dissolving a R10 rare mod after spending all them resources to max it feels like a bad joke. I guess raising it somewhere round 40-70% of the endo or credits spent would alleviate that feeling a lot.

i also feel that this needs to be revisited. At least a 60% endo would be nice.

OMG yes! In all honestly I've been ignoring the Ayatan statue system due to that credit cost. I need the endo from them...but I also need the credits to build weapons and rank up mods. I did Maroo's mission like maybe twice and then never bothered with it again. Now I'll actually go out and do that mission and hunt for statues. This is an excellent change.

Cool, but in the lore scheme of things it doesn't make much sense. Syndicates people get paid in standing for things, Baro gets paid in ducates for things, and poor Maroo is left working for free? I think it should cost 1 credit per endo to extract not completely free. Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. 

A good change, I think.  I know I have ended up struggling for Endo, purely because I didn't have enough credits to turn in any of my statues.  As for Maroo working for free - I think we can assume she's making on the deal, even it's just giving us less endo than is actually *really* present in the statues.  She's a businesswoman, after all.

28 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

He is referring to the Hema research.

How do you make the leap from talking about ranking up mods with paid endo to the Hema research? Anyways. it was a joke. 

Never mind I see the parallel now. I just had to step back a foot more lol. And by the way I wouldn't want the Hema research to be modified now. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

How do you make the leap from talking about ranking up mods with paid endo to the Hema research? Anyways. it was a joke. 

What he said was this:

10 hours ago, DoctorBagPhD said:

But DE, what about all the work and effort that was put in by players to earn the credits Maroo needed. Surely it wouldn't be fair to them to just randomly remove the credits cost after all the time they spent doing that :V

This was a reference to DE's statement that, due to the effort put in by players that researched the Hema, the research cost would not be changing (because changing it would be unfair). @DoctorBagPhD is mocking them for stating this about the Hema but then making a change like this.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

Good to hear, one more step[ to a better game. :)

Maroo will do just fine, her operatives or herself can always get stuff they can convert to endo to trade to us, while getting the ayatan is more dangerous for them.  Its win win. :)

Like syndicates it is still a favours for favours system.

Edited by Loswaith

Nice... I was thinking to turn a lot of them in endos, but now I will keep my spare ayatans for a while. :-)

Perhaps,in the future you could do something to pile them in similar ayatans (like fusions did) instead of piling in rows and one after another even if they are the same ayatan and with all the stars inserted on. Its way better to have - in my case - 5 to 10 ayatans (empty and with fully inserted stars - personally I always insert all stars as soon as I get a new ayatan) instead of 100 of them in the inventory list. It's the only reason I am thinking in turning them to Maroo because to tell you the truth I don't need endos at the time.

On 18/1/2017 at 4:06 AM, -----LegioN----- said:

Thanks for the heads up! My ayatan statues won't be safe anymore

Btw, since the endo and credit costs needed are already in the talks, is there any chance for the endo obtained by dissolving a maxed mod to be buffed to be somewhat close to a refund?

Nice post... Had exactly the same thoughts when I once saw my doups redirection/vitality dissolved for endo price and the reaction was, better give it away for free if someone was asking for one instead of dissolving in that joke refund price.

All it took was literally no one using the system to illicit a change, eh? No one fell for the credit sink, I look forward to what you guys try to sneak in next.

On the other hand, your Riven endo/credit sink is working really well. Perhaps too well.

Edited by Skaleek

On 1/18/2017 at 7:37 AM, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Cool, but in the lore scheme of things it doesn't make much sense. Syndicates people get paid in standing for things, Baro gets paid in ducates for things, and poor Maroo is left working for free? I think it should cost 1 credit per endo to extract not completely free. Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. 

She's not working for free. She doesn't really care about the Endo or the credits (now that she no longer charges them, but I made that part up so take it as you will), she just wants the shiny Ayatan. And that's what she gets. She just extracts the Endo out of them, gives it to you, and then takes the sculpture.