Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So DE Likes Bow Only...

Azlen

This is now at least the third, if not fourth bow only mission in Sorties in about the last week. 

While I don't consider these missions hard by any means (either playing regularly, or as a Titania), they are rather annoying. Which begs me to ask the question, why? Why the recent wave of Bow Only Sortie conditions? 

Are they randomly generated? Or are they hand-picking these? And if the latter is true, it would be very interesting to see the reasoning behind it?

On a semi-sidenote, the tinfoil hat man inside my head wonders. If they wanted to, they could be doing this to encourage investing in a current bow, but secretly have a new bow on the horizon. A sneaky marketting tactic to say the least. Now I don't really believe this, but if it did ever come to fruition, I'd definitely be disappointed in DE. But again, very doubtful they'd do that to us. Anywho, tangent over.

Wassup with all these bow sorties mang?!

They have just released a prime bow, they won't release another yet.

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

It's random. Having it appear 3 or 4 times in the period of 7 days isn't too rare. Many other restrictions are much more common, such as energy reduction, but you aren't complaining about those, so why complain about bow only?

I can't speak for everyone but other restrictions may not bother people but not everyone likes using bows.

I hate them.

Edited by Ailissa

10 minutes ago, Azlen said:

This is now at least the third, if not fourth bow only mission in Sorties in about the last week. 

While I don't consider these missions hard by any means (either playing regularly, or as a Titania), they are rather annoying. Which begs me to ask the question, why? Why the recent wave of Bow Only Sortie conditions? 

Are they randomly generated? Or are they hand-picking these? And if the latter is true, it would be very interesting to see the reasoning behind it?

On a semi-sidenote, the tinfoil hat man inside my head wonders. If they wanted to, they could be doing this to encourage investing in a current bow, but secretly have a new bow on the horizon. A sneaky marketting tactic to say the least. Now I don't really believe this, but if it did ever come to fruition, I'd definitely be disappointed in DE. But again, very doubtful they'd do that to us. Anywho, tangent over.

Wassup with all these bow sorties mang?!

Because bows are the 'in' thing right now, man.

21 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

It's random. Having it appear 3 or 4 times in the period of 7 days isn't too rare. Many other restrictions are much more common, such as energy reduction, but you aren't complaining about those, so why complain about bow only?

Modifiers like Energy Reduction, Physical/Elemental Enhancement, etc augment playstyles to some degree. But nowhere near as much as Bow/Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Pistol/Melee Only. And I'm not really complaining at all (literal only complaint is 'it's annoying'). The main purpose was to inquire as to the why it's happening. The statements about Cernos Prime being the in thing I can buy a bit, although it's been quite a while since it was actually released at this point.

But all in all it was just an observation of an overusing of a rather restricting modifier recently. Wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions on the subject :D

1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I'm more annoyed by always having to unequip my weapons every day. Wish I could just join the mission and have it auto disable other weapons.

I agree 100%. The argument could be made that the reason they make you de-equip is so that you know you aren't expecting to be able to use them.

My counter-argument would be have a notification pop up (in the same league as the one that says "hey goof, (this weapon only)") that simply states "your non-(this weapon) weapons will be disabled for this mission" and allow you to proceed.

57 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

random-dilbert.jpg

Jokes aside, probability does dictate that something occuring more than once consecutively is higher than it never happening.

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

33 minutes ago, Beggining said:

If anyone is having problems with the Bow only condition, bring a crossbow like the Zhuge or Attica. They're basically Assault Rifles :P Then again, I am a bow kinda guy, so I'm biased.

Yeah, that's what I did. Even got a riven for Zhuge, so it's kind of my strongest weapon right now.

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

If anyone is having problems with the Bow only condition, bring a crossbow like the Zhuge or Attica. They're basically Assault Rifles :P Then again, I am a bow kinda guy, so I'm biased.

I am also a Bow guy. Got a Bow for every occasion.  Hehe. 

Defense/Interception/Excavation: Rakta Cernos (for Synd Procs AoE) Zhuge, Mutalyst Cernos, Cernos Prime

Surviva/Rescue/Spy: Rakta Cernos for unlimited endless Prowl, or Daikyu

Exterminate/Capture/Assassinate: Rakta, Dread, Paris P, Zhuge, Mutalyst Cernos, or Daikyu

Needless to say, the bow only missions don't bother me at all.  LOL

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Console just had a bow only assassination on Sargas Ruk. It was fun. Ivara ftw.

That doesn't sound too fun. Ivara is squishy, and there's fire everywhere. Also his weakspot is a tiny fickle blue thing with tons of lens flare. I'm assuming the spread of her artemis bow was used to offset this? I dunno. I tried taking the mutalist cernos. Took an hour and a half as it wasn't too effective against Ruk but worked pretty well against the ads.

But uh yeah bows are very varied and there's one to fit every gameplay type and build. Only one we don't have yet is a pure elemental bow. Also there's a mk1 version so unlike snipers you're not SooL when a bring only X sortie pops up and you don't have one.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

That doesn't sound too fun. Ivara is squishy, and there's fire everywhere. Also his weakspot is a tiny fickle blue thing with tons of lens flare. I'm assuming the spread of her artemis bow was used to offset this? I dunno. I tried taking the mutalist cernos. Took an hour and a half as it wasn't too effective against Ruk but worked pretty well against the ads.

But uh yeah bows are very varied and there's one to fit every gameplay type and build. Only one we don't have yet is a pure elemental bow. Also there's a mk1 version so unlike snipers you're not SooL when a bring only X sortie pops up and you don't have one.

Yeah my teammates were running around dying on me while I was in prowl and kept getting high crits on the blue weak spots.

RNG determines how the sorties come out.  I'm not really bothered by them. It I wish there was some quality of life change they could make that'd allow you to quickly choose your session.  Right now, if you don't have the weapons (un)equipped then you have to click, escape out, go to, equip, go back to navigation, click again.  It'd be easier if it automatically unequipoed items, took you to the item screen with just the possible items displayed, let you choose your ABC loadout, and then take you right back to the queue.  

I really like bows and use it all the time except for survivals.But the only sortie that pi**ed me off was the Bow only Sargus Ruk Assassination.
I mean really??
We had to use only bow against a boss with a very small hit area while dealing with the endless waves of heavy gunners and others.It was straight up frustrating.
Soon we will have a Bow/Sniper only Vay Hek Assassination.

Edited by Suv8894