Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunblades excessively noisy

Clowee

I've been playing around a bit with gunblades and very high attack speed (max str warcry). It's not a gamebreakingly overpowered combo or anything, but it's fun being able to use the gunblade like a ranged weapon and rapidly fire it when you're bored with everything else.

I've found this gets a LOT of complaints from the rest of the group because of the noise it generates. It's not really a problem for me, but for some reason about 4/5 groups I join using this combo complain excessively because of the noise the firing attack generates when used rapidly and repeatedly. I'm not sure if it's louder to the rest of the team or something, but I've been avoiding these weapons out of courtesy to the other 3 warframes in the group after getting enough complaints about the noise it generates. If it was like one or two people complaining then I probably would not care, but there's a very clear correlation between gunblade + ranged attack + attack speed = ZOMG IT'S SOO NOISY STOP!

It would be nice if the firing sound was toned down a bit to where this was less of a nuisance. This problem occurs with both gunblades.

On a side note, it's a REALLY good way to end an endless mission after 5 waves...

You can't reach the absurd attack speed with Banshee that make it a problem. Think BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM like every half second.... If you cant visualize it then i'll be happy to make a quick video to prove the point. You may even see the group complain in the chat window.

It's not about a workaround. The problem is that the gunblade at 150% or so attack speed makes soo much noise it alienates the other 3 players in the group. I could care less if every monster within a 30 kilometer range hears it. They arent the ones complaining, just dieing :)

I don't hear it myself as I usually blast music, but I hate to be the jerk who makes the group mad because i'm using a subpar weapon in a looney fashion.

I am using it with High Noon actualy but the stance is irrelevent. It's the charged shoot attack that i'm referring to. You can pop off ~2 shots a second with sufficient mouse control and attack speed and this is the core of the problem because it makes it go BOOM faster.

Even with sound it doesnt annoy me at all, but i've had enough complaints on it that I know it bothers the other players in the group. It would be easy to muffle a bit IMO.

as a quick edit, i would like to reiterate that the stance is not the issue, it's the rapid speed at which you can fire the charged ranged attack that causes the noise.

Edited by Clowee

45 minutes ago, Clowee said:

You can't reach the absurd attack speed with Banshee that make it a problem. Think BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM like every half second.... If you cant visualize it then i'll be happy to make a quick video to prove the point. You may even see the group complain in the chat window.

It's not about a workaround. The problem is that the gunblade at 150% or so attack speed makes soo much noise it alienates the other 3 players in the group. I could care less if every monster within a 30 kilometer range hears it. They arent the ones complaining, just dieing :)

I don't hear it myself as I usually blast music, but I hate to be the jerk who makes the group mad because i'm using a subpar weapon in a looney fashion.

I am using it with High Noon actualy but the stance is irrelevent. It's the charged shoot attack that i'm referring to. You can pop off ~2 shots a second with sufficient mouse control and attack speed and this is the core of the problem because it makes it go BOOM faster.

Even with sound it doesnt annoy me at all, but i've had enough complaints on it that I know it bothers the other players in the group. It would be easy to muffle a bit IMO.

as a quick edit, i would like to reiterate that the stance is not the issue, it's the rapid speed at which you can fire the charged ranged attack that causes the noise.

Ah.You meant its noisy as in for the other players.Well then,ignore my post above.I thought you were talking about it being noisy as in non-stealthy in mission and alerting every enemy in the whole level.

Misunderstood the title.
Sorry.