Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #86!

[DE]Rebecca

Will we ever see those enemies types like the infested wall grabber monsters you've talked about before? or the run all over the walls/surface type as well ? 

Will we see more multiple type mission like it start as Archwing to land or crash land into a ship and the rest is if via our frames etc ? 

Could there be a possibility to create our own stance mods for our fav weapons after doing X or Y goal to unlock it ? it would allow us to custom our weapons to our own style instead of being the cookie cutter same as the next person with weapon? this stance mod could be quest driven and allow us to pull from existing stance mods to create a "new way" for someone like me that just uses one weapon for melee. I know there so many more like me that would love this. 

When are we going to get rid of Serration, Hornet strike, Pressure point and just include those stat totals when the weapon hits level 30? we almost need that slot for something more useful for most builds but have to suffer for it because without it , its way less dmg. 

When are we going to not need parry or reflect as mods and just have those are passives when our weapons are level 30 ? Again, modding for those is along the lines of Hornet Strike, Serration, Pressure point... it should just be part of the damn weapon when it hits maxed level. 

Q: Cat Ears accessory for the Operator when?

Also: We will we get more Sentient to trade blows with? Perhaps we could get Tombss of the Sentient trailer as a in game boss fight against a huge Sentient with multiple phases?

43 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

1) Can or will Volt get another rework sometime in the future? If you look at the feedback on the Volt rework thread,a lot of people are unhappy with how Volt is. He could use a few small tweaks to make him substantially better. He does not really fit his description of being a high damage frame and an "alternative to gunplay". I could argue the Grineer stationary electricity sapping thing does more damage than Volt. 

2) Can Volt get a mechanic where if you hold shock you will do a continuous electricity arc? This would fit his description of being an alternative to gunplay. I have seen a lot of fans request this and agree to it.

cJlBUVL.gif

The way I see it. He is more of a taser frame at higher levels rather a high powerful damaging electricity frame. 

It's not that Volt is bad, people in that thread just bully others into leaving the thread if they don't say "Volt sucks" and the ones that remain either repost or go offtopic and doesn't seem to understand how he works (his ult only has one of the highest damage potential in the game with CC on top of it), elec traps doesn't deal 4k damage stock. ;D

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

37 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

big questions from this thread.

Will we see some Oberon buffs any times soon?

i.e. passive change, renewal being changes to just a heal over time toggle, blind effecting the primary targets of reckoning not just secondary? Really these are just quality of life issues and if a few minor things change/scale better he would not need a full on rework. 

It's been the precedent that when a Warframe gets a deluxe skin it also gets a bit of a rework. With that in mind, is Chroma going to receive a rework to address his numerous issues as per the current trend in Warframe powers/passives? (i.e. he has no actual passive, his 4th doesn't require much thought and is just a push button and at that it's very underwhelming, and his 1st power is just pointless in general).

Just now, Viking3206 said:

With the introduction of Nidus, is there a possibility for more warframes that are closely related to enemy factions such as a grineer based warframe or a corpus based warframe with lore and powers to suit each respective faction?

Technically Valkyr was a Warframe modified by the Corpus. So, I guess there's that?

In order of importance:

Have you been able to spare that programmer for Shield Gating yet? When can we expect it?

Any progress on the Limbo rework?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Edited by Archwizard

Q1: With the introduction of Rivens and talk about "Damage 3.0", what would you say is the most focused theme that has been the driving force for improving warframes combat, in your own words? Versatility of options? Uniqueness? Player engagement?

Q2: I don't believe we've heard from undercover boss in awhile. How is that going, Scott? As Steve has recently started streaming (Love the streams btw, Steve), is this the signs of both of you focused on improving new player experience?

Q3: On Steve's stream, there has been quite a bit of talk about game design and as it's the new year, what would you say has changed (From all in attendance) the most in your perspective on your particular departments of expertise since you started Warframe (Game Design, coding, animation, community management etc)?

Q4: If possible, could you tell us more about damage 3.0's developmental idea? I believe you stated it was focused more on enemies than players, so what exactly are some ideas that have come up in regards to that? Will we see more advanced AI that require specialized techniques to fight, were the changes to Nullifiers with consideration towards sniper rifles a step of that?

Q5: On Steve's stream (I really really like his streams, okay?) he mentioned story narratives and a loose idea to rework exterminate to start easy and ramp up as you progress with a miniboss at the end of it. I think that's an interesting idea and would like to hear how much of that idea has been put on the table for consideration since that stream.

Q6: Any news on Limbo's rework? I believe Steve mentioned that Scott has been pretty excited about it while playing, but gave no details as to why.

Edit:

Q7: Not too long ago a thread was created with the idea of revamping the hacking mini games or introducing new ones. Any news about this? Were there any ideas that came up in the thread that were intriguing? 

@[DE]Rebecca  There will be a possibility to bring back the old Physx effects this 2017? at least for the users that can handle those effects? at least can you give us a Physx Slider? or levels of quality? "Low"(now) and "High"(old Physx).

And also, Rhino needs a new passive, the Heavy Impact is useless.

Edited by mirx

Two question for Scott and Steve:

How do you feel about the current AOE weapon meta? It feels like I'm almost shooting myself in the foot if my load out doesn't feature at least one explosive, gascloud, or punch through weapon. 

on the subject of weapon topics on he forums, what sorts of threads actually get your attention to think about, or rethink about changes to various Meta and Non-Meta weapons?

Still got some questions to ask regarding the future of Warframe (since they didn't get addressed last time):

1) Is there any possibility that you guys will rework Archwing environments like you have done/are currently doing for ground-based tilesets (e.g. Earth, Ceres, Venus)?

Specifically, Would you guy consider making space a bit more immersive? i.e. a darker space where the gameplay takes place much much much closer to the planet's atmosphere and where the gameplay generally moves us closer to the planet as the mission progresses.

Examples of what I'm talking about:

Spoiler

Scarif-03.png-nggid03352-ngg0dyn-0x0x100

Jackal_skelter.jpg

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_504317.jpg

2) Regarding Earth's eventual visual rework, any plans to add more than just grass (such as more moss, plants, other foliage)?

Some examples of what I'm specifically asking about:

Spoiler

2976790-3327039320-23219.png

23105993195_355b91facc_o.png

Basically, have you guys thought about adding some vegetation like what is seen in those pics?

3) On the topic of environment reworks, are you planning on such a rework for Mars and Europa?

For Mars, do you like the idea of maybe having a mild dust storm to provide some immersion for the tileset?

For Europa, what about a snow storm?

4) Also on the same topic, could we eventually see an Infested ecosystem tileset on the surface of Eris?

So, Nidus is cool, specifically his 4th ability. I think an entire Infested planet surface like that 4th ability would be really cool, and would give the Infested a fitting home, instead of it just being on ships. Is that something you guys are open to exploring at some point?

5) Could we ever see large moons like Titan and Ganymede get their own tilesets?

Also, will Mercury ever get a surface tileset?

6) Will we ever get an undestroyed Corpus Obelisk tileset?

We've seen destroyed versions of this tileset on Europa and Eris, and we've seen part of undestroyed version during the Glast Gambit quest. I'd really like to see a fully functional version of this tileset. It's much more ship-like than the current Corpus ship tileset, and even has a bridge that can be seen on the Eris version of the tileset. I'd really like to see a complete, intact version that has crewmen, proxies, engineers, scientists, and even ship officers all on-board. Is it just a pipe-dream to hope we see anything like this?

7) What are the chances of seeing Warframe get a starfighter/fighter squadron mode?

The Grineer have their Galleons, and the Corpus have their Obelisks. We've seen Grineer combat spacecraft, and I'd expect the Corpus to have them as well. We've also seen these galleons and obelisks fighting in space. Could we ever see the Tenno using combat spacecraft (something with heavier firepower than Archwings) taking on Grineer and Corpus starfighters and even taking on galleons and obelisks from space? Something like this would go a long way towards increasing the scope and scale of Warframe's gameplay,

8) Any chance we could see melee get reworked again, or at least see some more stances for existing weapons?

Warframe's melee is ok at best. But many of the stances just aren't natural, and the melee gameplay overall just doesn't hold up when compared to games like The Force Unleashed, Assassin's Creed, and the upcoming For Honor. While I'm not expecting Warframe's melee to ever replicate what those games have done, one common aspect of them is that they feature motion-captured animations, not hand-animated ones. As such, the melee gameplay in those games feels/looks much more natural. They're smoother and the animations flow better. Could we ever see some kind of rework to melee that gives us smoother, more natural melee gameplay? I know you guys have a lot of priorities, but I think the game could use some animation improvements, particularly motion-captured and IK-based animations for both melee animations and running/sprinting animations.

9) Beyond that, could we see some more melee stances that change up the default way we hold certain weapons?

For example, could we get a new Nikana stance that has us holding the weapon, and running with the weapon, out of its sheath?

Example:

Spoiler

71Pss5X.gif

Original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-HCcoOKlhg

10) Bonus Lore Question: What do you guys think about Saturn and Jupiter being the homeworlds of the Grineer and Corpus, respectively?

Jupiter and Saturn are quite large, and they both have many many moons. The planets seem like ideal home bases for the Corpus and Grineer. Not only that, but I like the idea of many of the colonies being on these moons, benefiting from Orokin terraforming technology. I know the Kuva fortress is the home of the Queens, but Grineer Command could be based out of Saturn, with one of the major Colonies being on Titan. Due to this, the Corpus and the Grineer have direct control or influence on most of the Colonies, and so Steel Meridian's concern for the Colonies stems from the possibility of there only being a few free Colonies left. What do you think of such a concept? Have you guys ever thought this deep into Warframe's potential lore? And is there a possibility of seeing Warframe more-deeply explore its own lore?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

First: operators are squishy and the focus system is only used for its passives. can we get a progression system for the operator that makes it more useful/survivable worked into focus?

Second: charge attacks still feel awkward. can we get charge attacks put onto alt fire (great for thrown weapons) or can we get a sort of "draw attack" for using charge in quick melee. right now they feel sloppy.

third: parcor in warframe feels amazing. there are a number of if-then situations for enemy and trap interaction. have u considered working this into arkwing to make it feel similiar. currently arkwing relies on powers to reduce damage. dodging and rolling dont play the same role. it would be nice if they did. why are the antimissil flares tied to energy? more inputs and interactions would be nice.

Dear Dang Diddly DE Developers

As a fan of 2008's Dark Sector and its very fun Glaive usage, I think it's an incredible shame that Warframe's counterparts to the Glaive have fallen so far behind in terms of usefulness. All Glaives (except the new one) have Skana damage or less, rely on incredibly rare stances to be even remotely useful, and have minuscule Throw Attack damage that makes them completely overshadowed by Gunblades, which have around 4 to 9 times more damage on their shots compared to the various Glaives, something their differences do not make up for.

Would it be possible to do a pass on Glaives (especially their Throw Attack damage) like you have done in the past for Heavy Blades and Scythes?

Something I would do is give Glaives Throw Attack damage on par with the Gunblades, but remove stealth damage bonus from Throw attacks, so it wouldn't become overpowered. After all, the stealth bonus damage is meant as a reward for getting up-close in stealth. Ranged stealth is what we have headshots for.

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:

Zs1N6oJ.png

Edited by Cyborg-Rox