Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #86!

[DE]Rebecca

Are there any plans to address the sortie burnout for people that don't get rewards they want for days to weeks at a time?  I have several friends that have stopped doing sorties unless they are made up of quicker missions since they almost never get Riven mods and don't consider 2000 Endo a worthwhile reward since there are faster and easier ways to get that much.  For myself, I have yet to get single shotgun or secondary riven mods since their release.  I have also gotten more 3 day boosters than rifle riven mods and I don't have much use for boosters right now.

Could DE please look into finding a way or developing a system to help counter this burnout?  Even just increasing the Endo reward so non-Sortie missions are no longer competitive with, or better than, Sorties for endo would help.

Edited by Unknown924

Damage 3.0 : You have stated you wanted to focus on enemies instead of rebalancing weapons/Warframes. Does this include the insane enemy scaling that punishes the use of certain weapons ? Are you planning to make more linear, instead of exponential ? If no, can you give us a clue of what is to expect ?
Also, what is exactly your position about including "mandatory" Mods (aka "mooar dameeege !") into the weapons leveling ? This is a much needed change for diversity in builds, as 99% of them includes them in order for a weapon not to be basically... useless.

Focus : Do you have any clear plan about an overhaul in its progression ? It's quite a chore, not even fun to do... If it were about tweaking its gains, I think they should be around those of Syndicate Standing with a set full of Regular Lenses. What is your opinion about it ?

Hema : After your... ahem... declaration in the last Devstream, when can we expect some buffs to drops, since you won't address the shameful costs of the research ?

Melee : Charges have come back some time ago, but with no adjustment in regard of Melee 2.0, making them way less powerful than a series of normal strikes. Will there be some work to polish them (tweaks in damage output, charge time, Mods, etc.) in order to make them relevant in combat ?

Are factions ever gonna be wearing the syandanas or capes that have descriptions that say that they were made by that faction? Like the grineer flag cape. It always bugged me that they never really wear what is supposedly created by them. This makes for enemy diversity in terms of design, even tho it's a minor adjustment...it at least makes them stand out more instead of them just being "expendable grineer grunt #1, #2 and #3".

Even tho the Tenno are physically teenagers, we have the mentality of an adult, but we still seem to want to be fashionable. I don't expect the infested to be worried about fashion but the grineer or the corpus(who love fancy things) would still be...i believe. I'm looking at this in a way of everything being there not just for the sense of being there but everything having a reason in terms of lore.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

Are our operators ever gonna be able to use weapons? Melee weapons i mean. Seeing as they are kind of fragile at the moment, which is understandable, but are there future plans for our operators?

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

1. Moon excavation plox?
  2. Can we get some trade improvements such as item stacking and set boxing?
  3. The relic system only moved the Void rot C fatigue to rot C of where ever one is farming for relics. Can relics be a bit more seperated? For example have half of the Axi era drop on Hieracon and the other on Xini?

May edit in more.

Volts duration for speed is just as low as rhinos roar was before its duration was increased. Is there anyway we can get at least 5 more seconds, to go from a base duration of 10 to 15.

Also, is there any way we can go from 4 restrictions (duration, energy drain, secondary, and distance travelled) to just 2.

Also also, please is there anyway shocks synergies can be worked on, given better animations

Also, also, also, discharge doesnt work very well as an ability....

Thank you

Question:

Will there ever be a way to exit a survival mission like a defense mission? i feel survivals become a bit of a hostage situation asking everyone when you wanna leave instead of allowing the player to choose when they want to leave. Also if one person wants to leave and the rest of the party doesn't then that one person ruins the mission for everyone. I just hope there will be a exit situation setup for survivals.

Also Update news on limbo rework? as Steve has made it sound like Scott is having way to much fun without us haha

Edited by paul5473

Here's 3 mini questions and one reasoning below

• Will we ever be able to toggle prime parts on your primed warframes?
  • Is there ever a chance we could merge deluxe skins with the default or etc? e.g. having a hybrid of Rhino Prime and Rhino Palatine
  • Will we ever be able to apply skins onto deluxe skins?

In my personal opinion I think Deluxe and/or Prime skins should be put under a new catagory called "models" or something to that nature. I want to be able to mix and match certain prime parts on a warframe with others such as the deluxe. It will look horrible at first and mostly as a joke but some will be able to make it work. Plus with Umbra coming soon(?) many of us might be fond of our Deluxe or Prime parts but still want the epic scarf or whatever the Umbras themes are. When a Nekros Deluxe is eventually made I can imagine many players wanting to keep his angel of death wings but also his Umbraness

I know this is all a lot to ask for but if you want great things you might as well aim high.

Edited by Zahnny
Wanted to put this in but forgot

Hi DE! 
These are the questions that I'm interested: 
-When Will be, and whether it will visual upgrade the old Prime WARFRAMES (Excalibur, Frost, Meg, Rhino).
-Will the ability to add in Tenno Gen not only sandan, but also armor? 
-Perhaps If you someday add a Prime WARFRAMES, without its regular version, like the Dakra Prime? 
-Will the Prime version: Dread, Despair, Hate?

Question for Geoff:

I noticed that the Hirudo (new infested melee) initially came out with a stance polarity that does not currently exist for kick-punch. 

Is there a new kick-punch stance in development? Is the animation team currently working on any new stance mods?

Any development on the prospect of charge attack returning to quick melee?

1. Will Oberon recieve a proper rework?

2. While it was discussed but never mentioned again. Will you implement a Token system for the sorties?

3. Any updates on the warlord being able to "create a mission" for fellow clanmates. Also I believe that it should not be limited solely to warlords.

Have you considered separate modding for exalted style weapons. The list of mods that do not work on them continues to grow and it requires you to mod for either your exalted weapon or your melee weapon with no in game explanation of what mods work and what ones don't.

Edited by xRufus7x

When can we expect the Tennogen Model Swap on Prime Warframes?

And for Scott:  While I was tuning in to Steve's special streams he holds on Sunday, I got pretty excited at the mention of you giggling at the new changes for Limbo; do you have anything to show us this stream?

How would the devs feel about allowing the upcoming PVE Arcata to gain Conclave standing in PVE content?

Lately you've been trying to give most newly released weapons special quirks. This could be another, very fitting, quirk, since by using the PVE Arcata you ARE essentially training the same skills you would be in PVP.
If you're concerned about losing the sense of progression by going through the PVP ranks you could have it as an augment (or a permanent upgrade akin to widgets from Simaris) sold by Teshin at a high rank for a high amount of standing - that way you still have to make the trek through the ranks in Conclave and only then can you get a boost from the PVE weapon.
Lastly, the PVP would still remain relevant for gaining standing as you would still have the daily and weekly tasks available only through Conclave itself - PVE would only help with the daily pool of standing.

Is there any work (or at least discussion) happening about making melee combo inputs easier?

Reload and alt-fire buttons are unused in melee mode.
Those could be used in simple combo inputs based on pressing buttons in a specific order, with no pausing or holding.

I think this would be better than the inconsistent timing based inputs that we have now.

Edited by Shifted

1. Are the devs currently happy with the way Ash's Bladestorm animation works right now?
Cuz I know most players aren't.
Personally, I feel like the goal of having more interaction with it was not met since we are still stuck watching the animation more so if we utilize your new target mechanic.

2. When are we going to revisit the Focus System?
It's been a year since you released it and by this time you should probably know that most people don't bother using the active skills.

Edited by Oranji

I have asked this question in the chat of the last 3 Devstreams.  I have asked this question in all of the Forum posts about the Dev Stream.  I even PMed Rebcca on this question and pointed out to the Ash Rework feedback thread that has over 88 pages of replies.

Can we get an update on the Ash rework, and if something is going to be done based on Feedback? or is Ash good now?

btw, the Arsenal still shows it doing 2k damage, when it clearly does 3.2k