Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Pushing Nitain Down Our Throats, I See

Valthryn

6 hours ago, Unholyrequiem said:

I've hated Nitain since it was released and my opinion hasn't changed one bit. 

This. Since there's effectively no way to actively work towards getting it (anyone who mentions sabotages is an idiot, a 0.6% drop chance is just insulting), it's basically DE saying "jump, little players, jump on my command". No. F*** that.

Anything which contains alertium is therefore fated to be Berehynia'd to 30 (or somewhere else which allows it to gain XP without ever having been actively used once), and then thrown away. It's mastery trash before it even comes out of the foundry.

Edited by DoomFruit

Just now, Rambit23Z said:

I spend a total of 11 hours (sometimes 12) away from home due to school and travel time. Literally half a day. then another 6 hours spent sleeping. How do I get Nitain? Following the WarframeAlerts twitter.

At least, that's what I did before having 40 of them stockpiled.

I have more than that. But still. It's evenly spaced. That means some people who have a set schedule miss the times because they pop up at almost the same time. So say we have a job like Active duty military. Work days can go from 5 in the morning until no telling in the afternoon. Usually 4-5. But then you have to go get food. So that's 5-6. Get things ready for work the next day 6-6:30. Do whatever cleaning needs to be done 6:30 to 7:30. But let's say you want 8 hours of sleep. Meaning you would have to sleep from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. So you get an hour and a half to play. But because the alerts are evenly spaced they don't show up in that window. Some people's lives are like that. That's excluding family, friends, grocery shopping, and other miscellaneous activities that must be done. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

I have more than that. But still. It's evenly spaced. That means some people who have a set schedule miss the times because they pop up at almost the same time. So say we have a job like Active duty military. Work days can go from 5 in the morning until no telling in the afternoon. Usually 4-5. But then you have to go get food. So that's 5-6. Get things ready for work the next day 6-6:30. Do whatever cleaning needs to be done 6:30 to 7:30. But let's say you want 8 hours of sleep. Meaning you would have to sleep from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. So you get an hour and a half to play. But because the alerts are evenly spaced they don't show up in that window. Some people's lives are like that. That's excluding family, friends, grocery shopping, and other miscellaneous activities that must be done. 

Having limited time restricts your ability to farm for anything, and Nitain is required in far lower quantities than almost any other resource. Sure you're limited to when alerts pop-up, but odds are you'll at least be able to do some on your days off.

edit: I just don't see what people want out of a change: If you want DE to make Nitain a regular drop only then good luck with that 0.6% drop rate because that's what will have to be kept in order to maintain the value of Nitain.

Edited by Littlerift

12 hours ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

Trying to make us buy a new weapon for $15 or just want to torture us with a resource that everybody hates?

You'll really buy a weapon in platinum because of the huge amount of 5 Nitains required ?

Then you have a problem. Not the game. And you would be complaining about whatever resource they decide to put.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

You'll really buy a weapon in platinum because of the huge amount of 5 Nitains required ?

Then you have a problem. Not the game. And you would be complaining about whatever resource they decide to put.

Why is it a problem if someone would spend money on a weapon rather than taking the time to farm a resource that they do not enjoy obtaining?

13 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Last I checked you get people to log into your game by making it FUN..... isn't that the point of the game, people will pay for something that is fun, not something that is tedious. Nitain is tedious, So are daily grinds.

The OP is not complaining because the game is or is not "fun". He's complaining because he cannot get the latest shiny right away. So he didn't log in to have fun, he logged in to get the new shiny. Telling the devs to make the game "fun" in order to get people log in is wrong headed because obviously people log in to get new stuff.

8 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

And in this post we have people who don't understand work schedules, school schedules, and real life obligations defending Nitain again. 

Nitain Extract alerts always start 4 to 6 hours after the most recent Nitain Extract alert started. If you check the Warframe Alerts Twitter and look for the most recent Nitain Extract alert, you can narrow down the next alert to a 2-hour period.

It's honestly not too difficult to then plan around that.

5 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Just buff nitain alerts. Make them appear for 6h each day, 4 times.

Problem solved, time wall is the only problem, but less RNG.

The biggest problem with this is that it significantly increases the availability of the resource. Players will be able to obtain larger stockpiles, which will cause future items to cost larger amounts of Nitain Extract to account for this.

Also, as I mentioned above, there is virtually no randomness to the occurrence of Nitain Extract alerts. You can always narrow down when the next alert appears to a 2-hour window.

Since Nitain was put into the game I did roughly 4-5 Nitain Alerts a week (as in 7 days) and I have everything that needs Nitain to be build aside from the Infested Scyth.

This has nothing to do with real life schedules or greedy DE; It's only a matter of laziness or bigotry against Nitain.

It's a freaking alert mission, most of them shorter than 5 minutes...

18 hours ago, wwjd.com said:

I don't see much of an issue with the way Nitain is collected, but I will say that I wish you could purchase it with plat. Call me pay to win but I not about spending the week or two it'll probably take me to collect the 20 Nitain I need for Vauban Prime. I'd rather spend like 200 plat and have him now, especially after spending countless hours farming for and opening relics just to get the parts.

Same thing with Argon crystals

The reason I hate Nitain in general is not because of laziness, if it were laziness I would complain about the various other resources acquired like argon and neurodes especially when since they're considered rare resources. The thing about Nitain if you don't have the amount required for what you want to build then your farming is pretty much slowed to a crawl. I've spent the last few days building , Ivara, Vauban and Nekros Prime. The sheer fact that I spent so much time searching for the parts, hunting down relics and collecting every bit of nitain extract since I came back to the game only to be stalled even further is infuriating as once I have the nitain i'll have to wait a total of a minimum 3 and a half days without spending platinum. 

And No, just because people can overcome it doesn't make it a good mechanic. Calling people lazy in a game because they're unwilling to do something they consider outright not fun is just silly, especially one comment about people having bigotry against Nitain. Seriously guys, this is a game not a job, or at least it shouldn't be, if the game isn't motivating you then the game has failed you, simple. 

Edited by Unholyrequiem

Sure, the Nitain alerts could be more frequent and last longer. So could a few other alerts. But, I think the worst offender is the Vauban alerts. All I need is the neuroptic bp and I have been trying to catch an alert for it for at least three weeks now. I will probably have gotten all of the Nitian to build Vauban P, Valkyr P and Saryn P long before I get my hands on the Vauban neuroptic bp.

2 minutes ago, METAL_BAWKSES said:

Sure, the Nitain alerts could be more frequent and last longer. So could a few other alerts. But, I think the worst offender is the Vauban alerts. All I need is the neuroptic bp and I have been trying to catch an alert for it for at least three weeks now. I will probably have gotten all of the Nitian to build Vauban P, Valkyr P and Saryn P long before I get my hands on the Vauban neuroptic bp.

Oh boi  Vauban alerts, took me an entire month to get the systems, such fun interactive gameplay. The only reason more people don't talk about Vauban is because the problem is completely restricted to vauban. When Nitain was released I just knew that DE is now going to centralize a ton of new content around Nitain alone. 

10 minutes ago, Unholyrequiem said:

Oh boi  Vauban alerts, took me an entire month to get the systems, such fun interactive gameplay. The only reason more people don't talk about Vauban is because the problem is completely restricted to vauban. When Nitain was released I just knew that DE is now going to centralize a ton of new content around Nitain alone. 

I remember DE saying somewhere that 24hr alerts are in development. So that should alleviate the issue somewhat. 

The best thing for Nitain is to have it appear in an alert that lasts for 24 hours in a rotation with other stuff like the Vauban parts and other alert-only things that are just painful with the current system.

That's also in addition to the existing alerts.

For those saying "plan your life around the game", RL won't allow that.

11 hours ago, JalakBali said:

The OP is not complaining because the game is or is not "fun". He's complaining because he cannot get the latest shiny right away. So he didn't log in to have fun, he logged in to get the new shiny. Telling the devs to make the game "fun" in order to get people log in is wrong headed because obviously people log in to get new stuff.

This makes no sense. You can't tell us why he logged in. He clearly logged in to have fun, as he defines it, twisting that so it fits yoru narrative is pointless. I was replying to someone saying that they make nitain rare so you HAVE to log in frequently to find it... that's tedious. That means you are logging in when you don't want to log in, you are not logging in to play and have fun, you are logging in because you HAVE to log because the nitain is artificially rare.

Play 2 hours a day for 4 days you get more nitain than 8 hours on a saturday (on average). So its simply about forcing a certain play time. Same with Sorties. 1 hour a day 7 days a week = 7 sorties. 8 hours on saturday because you work = 1 sortie.

This type of "you have to log in when WE SAY" is not how you get people to like your game. When you play as many hours or more than someone else and they get more stuff because of artificial barriers, something is wrong. Build times aren't terrible but the fact that a weekend player gets 1/7 the  rivens, arcanes, syndicate standing, and focus is simply ridiculous, and nitain even if he plays more hours is ridiculous.

9 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Nitain Extract alerts always start 4 to 6 hours after the most recent Nitain Extract alert started. If you check the Warframe Alerts Twitter and look for the most recent Nitain Extract alert, you can narrow down the next alert to a 2-hour period.

Sure it is. What if you can only play on the weekends? What If I spend 1 hour a day farming nitain by watching the alerts and get 7 nitain. You spend 8 hours playing on saturday which is yoru day off, or even 12 hours. You get 2.

7 hours of playtime = 7 nitain

8 hours playtime 2 nitain.

That's a pretty severe limit for weekend only players who play more than someone else. Nitain actually rewards people say... without jobs as opposed to people who have them and can spend more money on the game. That DE makes this game literally revolve around the jobless player seems outright counter productive to me and nitain is the least unfair example of many but it's still oddly unfair because it doesn't reward playtime or grinding, it rewards breaking up your playtime in to smaller chucks over more days even if you play less. 

15 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Yeah, I'm totally going to plan around getting up at 3 AM for an alertium, or skipping work at 2 PM to get one.

No.

7 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Yeah, I'm totally going to plan around getting up at 3 AM for an alertium, or skipping work at 2 PM to get one.

No.

You're not required to get every single alert. Use your goddamn common sense.

If I know the next window is 2 AM to 4 AM, I call it a day and go to bed. If on the other hand I know the next window is 11 PM to 1 AM and I normally go to bed at midnight and it's midnight and it hasn't appeared yet, I can stay up the extra hour. Basically, if it's a half-hour or hour to either side of when you plan to already be playing and you can adjust your schedule to make it work, then make it work.

Two alerts per week is enough to keep up with the rate at which crafting newly implemented non-cosmetic items requires Nitain Extract.

Playing for one hour every day without ever checking the Alerts Twitter will statistically earn you an average of two Nitain Extract per week in the long run. Math in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Alerts occur at 4- to 6-hour intervals. Alerts last for around 40 to 60 minutes. This means that if you pick a random date and time, there is about a 1 in 6 chance of seeing a Nitain Extract alert.

If you start at said random date and time and play for one hour, you have slightly higher than a 1 in 3 chance of seeing a Nitain Extract alert in that time.

I typically only have 1-2 hours to play Warframe on a daily basis. That's if life allows for me to have free time and if I feel like playing Warframe at the end of a tiring day at work. That being said, I've stockpiled like 14 in the past week or something so its not quite as bad and as hard as most people make it out to be.

That being said, the frustration in Nitain isn't the fact that you can't buy it nor you can't readily farm it. Its the fact that there's a schedule that cycles Nitain into alerts and that most people will probably not have free time that coincides with these alerts.

A possible solution for this could be to have a Daily that rewards Nitain once per day.

8 minutes ago, SethCypher said:

That being said, the frustration in Nitain isn't the fact that you can't buy it nor you can't readily farm it. Its the fact that there's a schedule that cycles Nitain into alerts and that most people will probably not have free time that coincides with these alerts.

That's what causing the most contention, is that your schedule has to align with Warframe to get an item, and if it doesn't, you're screwed.

I can totally understand if it's a lack of skill thing, but all the Nitain alerts involve is hoping the RNG favors you as your life happens to coincide with Warframe.  That's not good design, and it's not cool, either.

I will admit that Nitain could be made more consistent for people with strict schedules. I personally have no problem but when I went for the Vauban P grind I realized how difficult it would be for people with lives lol.

Maybe offer a couple of gauranteed "Nitain Happy Hour(s)" or increase Nitain alert duration?

On 1/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, Almagnus1 said:

That's what causing the most contention, is that your schedule has to align with Warframe to get an item, and if it doesn't, you're screwed.

On 1/19/2017 at 7:26 AM, p3z1 said:

Just buff nitain alerts. Make them appear for 6h each day, 4 times.

I could see that being popular with some people. Though you're still going to end up with "sweet spots", where you play on the roll over point between two alerts and get 2 nitain back to back. 5.5 hour alerts would be more fair, because then the "sweet spots" rotate through the day over time.