Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi-Forma builds and a way to work with them

ZirilanOfTheClaw

Hello Devteam, my feedback is about multi-Forma builds.

Little long explanation:

As far as builds with 2 or 3 Forma are ok since you can switch Mods with no problem, some builds with 5 or more Forma works on the opposite way it should: it makes the weapon's build slots LESS efficient, since you have designated 5, 6, even 7 slots with specific polarities.

I know that some people will say "if you need to put 7 Forma on a weapon, then the weapon is trash". It's not about trash ot not. Is about "I like this weapon so much that I'll give it all my love and Forma to make the ultimate build fot it".

I have screenshots to show how 7 Forma weapons are LESS viable to variable builds like others:

This is my Akmagnus with 7 Forma. I've decided to put 7 Forma because I love this weapon since I started using it on U13. There are better weapons? Sure, but I love this one more than any other.

YA2moip.png

This is my main build, Critical + Corrosive to fight Grineer. I have Arcane Awakening and Arcane Precision, so it's a really powerfull punch. I designed my polarity slots based on this specific build.

HjsduEX.png

BUT, if I want to change the build for something like Critical + Magnetic for example to fight Corpus, I can't have the most effective way to do that, because the Deep Freeze mod don't fit in any of my polaryzed slots.

bK7g4dX.png

"So, what do you propose, sir?". How about double-polarity slots? You put 1 Forma on the slot, and works as normal, you can change the default polarity if don't have any. But if you put another Forma on the same slot or the slot have a default polarity already, like a V, - or D symbol, you can just add a second one to that slot.

Here is a example:

6lLJ5e4.png

What does that mean? Simple: equip a V mod into that slot, it counts half points, as a V slot. Equip a - mod on that slot, it counts half points as a - slot too. It doesn't make sense to reduce a weapon ability to have multiple build variations with more Forma.

Well, that was a little wall to read, sorry. I don't hope that you guys like my dual-symbol alot idea. I just hope that you guys notice the problem with high-number polarity builds and work on a way to make it more viable. Thanks for the attention, and all suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Captain_Kal_DraKha

1 hour ago, Simonb53 said:

It's a good idea but I think the "risk" of not being able to do all possible builds by formatting was intended ^^'

It was. The design intent of polarities and formas is so that you can improve your weapon by forma, but not in every conceivable possible way at once if you desire it. Polarities cut down mod cost and restrict variety because they're supposed to.

An expensive but potential solution is to build another weapon/frame and polarize that one to support the other build you're trying to do.

56 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

It was. The design intent of polarities and formas is so that you can improve your weapon by forma, but not in every conceivable possible way at once if you desire it. Polarities cut down mod cost and restrict variety because they're supposed to.

An expensive but potential solution is to build another weapon/frame and polarize that one to support the other build you're trying to do.

Oh, I didn't know about that, thanks, but it's not exactly right, since no matter how powerfull combos you can build, you can only use 1 at time anyway.

(I have two of the same frame to farm Focus btw, it works on the concept, but I don't feel that it's how it must be with mods and builds too)

4 minutes ago, Captain_Kal_DraKha said:

no matter how powerfull combos you can build, you can only use 1 at time anyway.

And that's on purpose... If you could put 2 or 3 polarities on one slot that would be moving against the design intent of increasing weapon power at the cost of potential build variety... unless you're talking about building another frame/weapon. In which case even with multiple polarities on the same slot, you can still only bring 1 of that weapon type or equip 1 mod on that slot.

It looks to me OP also misforma'd

7 forma magnetic build https://goo.gl/71MEgE

7 forma original build https://goo.gl/h6vekz

Open slot is your riven, no pistol rivens yet at warframe builder... but with 10 points to spare and it takes up 9.

Even with what I did you also got room to max Primed Heated charge

Id suggest formaing 1 more time and changing a - into a V. Not what you were looking for but still a solution for your problem :P

2 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

It looks to me OP also misforma'd

7 forma magnetic build https://goo.gl/71MEgE

7 forma original build https://goo.gl/h6vekz

Open slot is your riven, no pistol rivens yet at warframe builder... but with 10 points to spare and it takes up 9.

Even with what I did you also got room to max Primed Heated charge

Id suggest formaing 1 more time and changing a - into a V. Not what you were looking for but still a solution for your problem :P

I changed one already polarized slot ages ago ;p

On 1/19/2017 at 11:12 AM, Captain_Kal_DraKha said:

"if you need to put 7 Forma on a weapon, then the weapon is trash".

I've never heard that.  Many weapons don't even open up until 6 or 7 formas.  Sure, someone can use them, but that's when the weapon gets really good.  Anyway, other than melee, it doesn't really hurt any weapon to put more than 5 forma on it.  Depends on how much time a player wants to put into the weapon.