Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Cernos doesnt really need arrows

Synpai

I feel like this weapon should emphasize the elemental bolts in place of the arrows. There's such a huge delay on the elemental part of the gun my target typically dies before it reaches its destination.

Wishing the poison bolts shot like arrows, then maybe have a secondary fire where you fire a barrage.

25 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

The point of the Mutalist Cernos's gas clouds is to inflict status procs, not to deal damage.

You deal damage with the arrows, and you soften enemies up with the gas clouds.

You underestimate the damage those clouds can deal with a crit-status hybrid build once you get a great riven.

2 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

You underestimate the damage those clouds can deal with a crit-status hybrid build once you get a great riven.

1. Too bad I don't have a Riven to play with because if I had one, I'd definitely be using it. (The Mutalist Cernos and Paracyst are the two weapons that I most want Riven mods for.)
  2. Can you back that up with numbers? Even with a really good Riven mod, I'm finding it very hard to believe that the cloud alone is capable of doing any amount of respectable damage to high-level enemies considering its absolutely abysmal base damage value.

13 hours ago, Inarticulate said:
  1. Too bad I don't have a Riven to play with because if I had one, I'd definitely be using it. (The Mutalist Cernos and Paracyst are the two weapons that I most want Riven mods for.)
  2. Can you back that up with numbers? Even with a really good Riven mod, I'm finding it very hard to believe that the cloud alone is capable of doing any amount of respectable damage to high-level enemies considering its absolutely abysmal base damage value.

@Synpai  I kinda like it just like it is.   It seems to be immediate for me.   Arrow hit then toxic cloud.

6 Forma MC Corpus Melter and Nullifier Nullifier.  Riven is +50.5 Corpus Damage + 52.5 Ammo Maximum + 180% Damage - 48.6 Magazine Capacity.    There are better ones, but thats mine.  In place of a Riven, Heavy Cal and its still devastating to Corpus.  Split Chamber, Serration, Infected Clip, Malignant Force, P Bane Corpus, Vile Acceleration and Point Strike.  I could slow it down and add more damage getting rid of point strike and vile but it works as is for me. 

Its hard to catch the tick damage due to the sheer number of them streaming off them, even on a single enemy.

Assorted Eximus Corpus lvl 145 - Dmg per tick of 33 to some absurd 2000+ (a surprising number of ticks were yellow crits, though likely due to the sheer number of them), most in the 200ish per tick range.   Against specifically the Tech, low was 118 per tick, most were 242, with some yellow crit ticks in the 280ish range.   Shooting the ground for the tech seemed to average 4-5 arrows to kill.   If in groups, still the same arrows since it spreads.   Ideally, direct hits and Split giving 2 arrows, both proc toxin, then the aoe toxin procs as well, on that good shot, minimum of 132 per tick (adding the 4 procs on a good shot) using all test Corpus, (472 adding the 4 procs per tick vs the tech on a good shoot).  With the faster fire rate, 4 shots, if all are good, average is well over 500 per tick.   And it sticks to globes of both cold and nullifiers to shrink and get rid of them.   Many times damaging the enemy unit itself through the bubble.   That is HUGE damage as even on 145's you just watch the health bar melt.      Viral and Gas work nicely as well.

Against other high level enemies, it varies from ok damage, to worst case 145 eximus corrupted or normal bombard, lol 1 dmg per tick, 2 per tick if using prime bane for grinneer.   I guess if had grineer dmg on riven it might go to 3 per tick....