Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Question Regarding Focus Categories

Ash_of_Narmer

5 minutes ago, Mataeru said:

I'm trying to write lore for my clan, and part of what I need involves the Focus types.

My question is: Who named each focus class? Was it Margulis? Ballas? Someone else? If you have an answer, please post a link to the source of the lore.

Thanks.

We have no clear answer, but our best guess is the Tenno themselves, since they formed those schools for their own benefit. 

There's not really much information to go on, except this line from Lotus during The Second Dream

'As The Tenno grew, they founded great schools'

This implies that the Focus schools did not exist early on, only once the Tenno started establishing power for themselves. It also says that they're the ones that founded the schools, not The Orokin.

Both of these conclusions would lead me to believe that it was neither Ballas or Margulis that created the names, but rather high ranking Tennos. 

According to the discussion of it during Second Dream, the implication is that the Tenno were the one's that crafted the 'great schools'.

Margulis was objectively opposed to the weaponisation of the Tenno in the first place and it's implied that she was ultimately executed for this refusal of her Orokin superiors, so it doesn't make sense for her to have devised their combat philosophies, whilst Ballas is more interested in the Warframes themselves and using them as tools and weapons, with a distinct disdain for the Tenno themselves.

And of course, combat philosophies take time to develop as they need experienced combatants to relay those hard earned lessons to those under their command.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

There's not really much information to go on, except this line from Lotus during The Second Dream

'As The Tenno grew, they founded great schools'

This implies that the Focus schools did not exist early on, only once the Tenno started establishing power for themselves. It also says that they're the ones that founded the schools, not The Orokin.

Both of these conclusions would lead me to believe that it was neither Ballas or Margulis that created the names, but rather high ranking Tennos. 

Unsure on this but, what about the 7 council thing which are also the Lua rooms are based on, could be partly have soemthign to do with it since they proably traiend the Dax with such which then the Tenno learned or based it from maybe.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Unsure on this but, what about the 7 council thing which are also the Lua rooms are based on, could be partly have soemthign to do with it since they proably traiend the Dax with such which then the Tenno learned or based it from maybe.

Well...The Congress of Executors seem more involved in administrative matters, critical policy for the empire, and dictating what is and isn't to be done in lieu of the Seven Principles. Whether or not they were involved with the training of Dax or other combatants is unclear. It's entirely possible they were only involved in higher level matters as needed, otherwise left such tasks to suitable individuals under their command.