Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo (more like Limbro)

Milinko

So I started playing Limbo more because he makes kuva farming trivial just sit in the rift and wait for the kuva come round and go get it. To get to the point I don't think he needs a top to bottom rework where all his abilities are changed and the only thing left is the theme, a touch up is all I think is needed.

Limbo going in and out of the rift works fine but a great change would be to rip out his 3 and replace it with an ability that lets you deal damage through the rift. It would an artificial number that goes by kills so the more you each time you kill something the counter goes down. Sit from the safety of your invincibility and damage your enemies but of course the number can't be too large other wise it would be hilariously easy as well as the energy cost can't be too low. 

There is also the I interaction with his 1 and 2 personally I think if an enemy is in the rift you should deal amplified damage  and take less damage by default so banish yourself and something you want to kill by bringing it into your playing field otherwise you will die if that enemy was of any actual difficulty the whole point of that ability was so you could be the rift assassin taking out the big boys and saving your allies. On the flip side if you also banish an ally it would apply the same buffs that were on you like amped damage and taking less damage.

Then there is the big bomb, Limbo's cataclysmic ultimate that isn't useful as it stands. A good change would be all allies in the rift deal more damage and enemies deal less. Combo this with your own taking less damage you can master the rift and make you enemies now in your kingdom.

One extra thing on the side if you are in the Cataclysm while in the rift it acts as a separate plain of existence making his 1 and 3 still useful by being able to shoot through it while keeping that invincibility.

Also rift walk should be changed into a drain ability because it's really good and bring about some actual squatters who do nothing all mission but his ultimate should give energy to all inside. The damage dealt modifiers, and amount of enemies you can kill through the rift, as well as the energy gained from cataclysm will be affected by power strength giving him a real reason to mod for power strength.

Personally this is just my opinions on him I made used him for a while then never used him again until I found out I could just squat in kuva missions for easy kuva especially flood missions. I don't like the idea of squatting even though it's more efficient I just want to bring more of that nidus feel of all powers being used and working together to make a better frame.

Banish your enemies and empower your allies. Long live the king of the rift. 

I think that the greatest part of the Limbo's rework is that his 1 and 2 will (?) be merged (they do the same thing so that makes sense), so that there is a free space for another spell.

Indeed, the rift itself should give Limbo some survivability. Maybe something like "10% of all damage taken by Limbo inside his Cataclysm is redirected evenly to all enemies inside the rift, +10% for each enemy inside, up to XX%" (that would not be broken, that would be the same kind of thing as Trinity's or Nidus' Link). Lore-wise, he needs to be, as you said, the master of this Plane. Not some kind of one-shottable victim.

I also feel like they atleast need to add a stun/confusion effect on enemies that enters the Cataclysm. I hate launching a Cataclysm somewhere and enemies instantly killing me.

Edited by Chewarette

I feel like Rift Walk is going bye-bye with the Devs' teleporting Rift roll idea. Rift Surge probably stays in some form to amp up his weapon damage, but made less boring and not useless outside the rift. Then comes the "Rift Dilation" time-controlling power in one of the slots, which sounds more tactical/strategic and crowd-controlly.

One of things Limbo does best is to bide for time. AFK in Rift Walk tells you plenty. So I think they might go for encouraging players to actively participate while fluidly melding Rift Plane gameplay with regular gunplay. Hopefully they'll also reduce the annoyances with pickups and objects, as well as some other trolly aspects in his powers.