Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No HUD....

(PSN)Colloquial_Bloke

I have a couple questions (if you don't  mind) just for better clarification;

"3 missions in a row, others have complained in game chat."

Did you mean that others have complained about the effect that the bug had on your play, or that others had complained about encountering the same bug?

"Definitely a bug, it's [HUD on/off in Options] on.  Also, my HUD will freeze missions when it is visible."

This seems to indicate that it is an intermittent bug.

In other words, it occurs frequently enough to be a real pain in the ***,

but does not always occur for all or part of EVERY mission, is that correct?

Having the same issue. Can't tell how much shields, health or energy I have, can't see which powers are active, no indication of where objectives/enemies/exit are.

Does not affect all members of squad so quite often I am relying on using team mates as "guide dogs" to get me through the missions.

I dont know any actual fixes to bring back ammo, shields, energy, etc. But i learned that 99% of the time if you press Up on the D-Pad, your expanded map should still appear, so you can at least still know where you are going and can see objectives, extraction etc. other than that, thats all i know to help ease things until DE fixes it

After fighting this for 3 days solid our clan found that our HUD only disappeared when very specific people were in the party, and it seemed to only happen when there where 3-4 people in the party during ArchWing missions. We successfully reproduced this by having 2 people which reliably had HUD issues start a party and then have other members join one at a time.  Ultimately we found that disabling the PlayerList in the HUD seemed to fix the problem.

Verbose Description:

We had 4 people doing ArchWing Missions (Jordas Precept, Jordas Verdict AND Mobile Defense), and Player3 and Player4 had HUD lockup/disappearance 100% of the time when starting a mission (Overlay Map still worked). But when Player3 and Player4 are the only 2 people in the party, then the HUD is fine at the start of the mission.

From there we would start the party with Player3 and Player4, and then have Player2 join, HUD still fine.  Then Player1 joins and HUD breaks.  Close game, start game, form party with Player3 and Player4, start mission, Player1 join, HUD fails.  Something about Player1 joining Player3 and Player4 triggered the problem.

Player2 recommends disabling the Player List in the HUD.  Everyone disables Player List, Confirms Changes, Close/Restart game.  Player3 and Player4 form a party, Player1 joins, HUDS are all fine, Player2 joins .. everything still fine.

It is worth noting that disabling the Player List and Disabling/Enabling the HUD AFTER the HUD had disappeared did not make it reappear, we were forced to close/restart the game to get it fixed.

Of a curious second note, we had the starting screen (8 player menu) lock-up for EVERYONE whenever the same player (Player1) joined the starting menu, which resulted in everyone being forced to close/restart the game.

Edited by (PS4)majortrips

14 hours ago, (PS4)SlaveSpawn said:

Well obviously restarting the mission will fix the problem but doesn't change the fact that there is a random bug that needs a fix.

After several days of testing it was discovered that when the HUD disappeared it happened to players who had their player-list enabled, and IF it happened to them then it would "always" happen to that same person when restarting the same mission so long as the party members did not change. Since we had the option of always restarting missions w/ clan members then it was fairly easy to see that the HUD error was 100% reproducible. The only way we found to stop the hud error, 100% of the time, was to disable the player-list.

That means that if you have the same 4 people with the same HUD settings, then restarting the mission does not bring the HUD back. Again, we reproduced this 100% of the time.

Edited by (PS4)majortrips

更新19.5後當天在遊玩三種八人關卡時不管是我當HOST還是朋友當HOST!!只要我的角色一按同意邀請或自己開啟進入~就會卡在星圖那不動~無法正常跳出任務外!! 
在遊玩一般關卡時加進來的朋友們會出現無HUD的BUG只剩大地圖能有正常使用~或者會出現HUD完全畫面數字凍結(例如打生存關卡時~時間顯示不會增多或減少~)出現這問題時任務還是可以正常過關  !!到今天才發現卡這BUG的原因是改版完當天系統把我的角色頭像改成一張EXCALIBUR的全身側照頭像(剛剛無聊換個頭像後才發現可以自己開八人任務進去而不是被凍結在星圖畫面上了!)這個可能幫的到你~參考一下吧COLLOQUIAL_BLOKE!

• 1 month later...

This is some kind of bug that not only removes the individual player's hud but anyone who squads up with them. It's super frustrating. I have a clanmate who has it and nobody wants to play with him so he gets left out of everything and only runs solo. He has tried everything from changing his settings to reloading his saves to deleting them... and nothing. When running pugs people just continually drop mission or freak out. Luckily, myself and a few other leaders can handle it, but we're not always on and this person is on a lot... I can only imagine how annoyed he must be. To make matters worse, when he opened a ticket, support basically told him that they'll look into it when they feel like it. That is just unacceptable. On top of this, it was mentioned by someone in chat on the last devstream and was just scoffed at, simply inexcusable.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

This looks to be actually getting worse.  I'm especially disappointed over the last comment before this one, and up-voted it not because I like what was described, but that it was brought out.  It is still my responsibility now to review that stream to make sure that I concur with the review.  I do wish that I will find it to be overstated, but I have a sinking feeling that I won't. Not more than a week or so ago, I noticed a post in the Ps4@4 community reporting a vanishing HUD bug.  I tried to direct him to this thread via screen-shots.  If you sort bug reports in the order when they were first posted, it's plain to see in a direct line for the PS4, the first three to have appeared following immediately after the Glast Gambit update all linked to the HUD.

• 3 weeks later...

im having sort of the same issue for 3 sortie missions i had no hud due to a glitch and today my hud froze and was basically a still image so i could not tell how much health i had, energy or even if teammates were down due to waypoints being frozen on the hud as well. i seriously hope this gets fixed it is getting really annoying to do high content with zero chance of knowing if im near death or have enough energy to use a power.

On 1/27/2017 at 11:42 PM, (PS4)majortrips said:

After several days of testing it was discovered that when the HUD disappeared it happened to players who had their player-list enabled, and IF it happened to them then it would "always" happen to that same person when restarting the same mission so long as the party members did not change. Since we had the option of always restarting missions w/ clan members then it was fairly easy to see that the HUD error was 100% reproducible. The only way we found to stop the hud error, 100% of the time, was to disable the player-list.

That means that if you have the same 4 people with the same HUD settings, then restarting the mission does not bring the HUD back. Again, we reproduced this 100% of the time.

IF in the reporting below is based on experience (that restarting the mission HAS fixed the problem) then there are two very different sets of [not acceptable] solutions, which are not compatible with one another.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:18 PM, (PS4)SlaveSpawn said:

Well obviously restarting the mission will fix the problem but doesn't change the fact that there is a random bug that needs a fix.

But as random as it may seem, there is an variable which was introduced with the glast gambit update which is not known. At least one thing was changed, and it is always there, consistently, producing different sets of effects under different combinations of circumstances.  I have not encountered the HUD disappearing once since the reports started coming in.  In review, I found that I did run into a variant in which some of the information freezes - basically EVERYTHING that is NOT on the level map (expanded full size map).  But that is because I almost always am playing solo.  As I advance in level and difficulty, and become familiar with the type and amount of damage newer, harder enemies and weapons can do to my frames (as they increase in strength and abilities also), I prefer to turn off the HUD and use my eyes, ears, and judgement to figure my play and tactics, only activating the level map from the D Pad when necessary in order to get a view of my position in relation to friendlies, enemies, extraction, objectives, etc.

I had been doing that since first starting in September; Specters of the Rail, Silver Grove, The War Within.  Then the Glast Gambit update hit. I can not do that any more, at all.  The show level map can not be activated by any means with the HUD turned off.  And as far as I have surveyed, that is universal.  Try it for yourself if you want. See if you can get the map to appear with the HUD turned off.

You should be able to. I did it constantly across 3 major updates. Anybody could. Now nobody can. Yet DE mentioned nothing about changing that function.

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2017 at 1:28 PM, (PS4)likemai said:

更新19.5後當天在遊玩三種八人關卡時不管是我當HOST還是朋友當HOST!!只要我的角色一按同意邀請或自己開啟進入~就會卡在星圖那不動~無法正常跳出任務外!! 
在遊玩一般關卡時加進來的朋友們會出現無HUD的BUG只剩大地圖能有正常使用~或者會出現HUD完全畫面數字凍結(例如打生存關卡時~時間顯示不會增多或減少~)出現這問題時任務還是可以正常過關  !!到今天才發現卡這BUG的原因是改版完當天系統把我的角色頭像改成一張EXCALIBUR的全身側照頭像(剛剛無聊換個頭像後才發現可以自己開八人任務進去而不是被凍結在星圖畫面上了!)這個可能幫的到你~參考一下吧COLLOQUIAL_BLOKE!

我都遇到同樣的問題.救命  :(

(Btw I'm from Hong Kong)