The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you use Resource Extractors? Do you even remember that they exist?

Atekron

12 minutes ago, (PS4)JacobW1 said:

They should make Extractors automatic.

So if an Extractor is done, you get the resources and the Extractor starts itself again.

You can just collect and reassign it with the app.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AleDiorio said:

6?? The maximum of deployable drones is 5 with rank/founder/prime access combination.

If you can deploy 5 as a full founder/ prime pack the optimum number of extractors is 10. You deploy 5, then the other 5 when the first set is recovering.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Arinol said:

If you can deploy 5 as a full founder/ prime pack the optimum number of extractors is 10. You deploy 5, then the other 5 when the first set is recovering.

I have 10 extractors even though I can only deploy 4, there have been a few occasions when some in the first set were still damaged when I retrieved the second set, so now I keep a couple of spares.

I have 6 Distilling Extractors and deploy 3 every day. Sometimes if I have the time before work, I can deploy them twice a day.

The 6 is there so that I can swap out the three in use for fresh ones, and not have to worry about their health. Using this method I've never lost an extractor, and I don't bother to ever check their health.

The main benefit to using them daily is for the extra chance you get for rare resources: specifically Neurodes, Neural Sensors and Mutagen Samples if you select the appropriate planets. 

Over the years I've been able to accrue enough resources to outright afford the Hema costs this way, in my single person clan. So consider that, if you need some proof that it's worth the 60s each day to redeploy/collect them.

It would be interesting to have a side mission with them every once in a while. 

Come back to the game and attempt to retrieve them. Ordis informs that something is wrong with one of the extractors. You go down to the location where it has been tethered by cords from whatever faction. You have to cut free the cords while dealing with the faction attacking you. Once free, the extractor jets off and you deal with the remainder of the forces. Then a small movie shows your frame walk over to where the extractor was held and you find .....something. 

As for the use....yeah i been lacking in doing them since there is not a indicator on screen about them being done as there was in Star Chart 2.0. Since we start zoomed in and only see that planet, i forget where they are (old dad memory has begun). App just helps get them when i am out and about waiting on the lady to finish shopping but they need more.

I have 3 Titans and 3 Distillings.  Given that I can deploy 3 at a time, I usually went with 3 of the Distilling Extractors whenever they weren't damaged, with the Titan's subbing for them if my Distillers needed time to heal (yes, 6 distilling would probably be better, but I've not gotten around to it).  However, since the Hema was added, I've had Distilling Extractors running almost non-stop on Eris for the tiny chance of Mutagen Samples.  And let's not turn this thread into complaining about that.