Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey Tenno!

We are so happy to announce the picks for TennoGen Round 7. The level of quality and creativity showcased in this project astounds us month after month. But, let's get straight to it. This round's accepted items are listed below (in no particular order). Congratulations to everyone who made it in!

Syandanas:

Warframe Skins

Alt Helmets

To everyone else who submitted their creations, thank you for your hard work! We're excited to what you'll all come up with for Round 8 (deadline TBA). If you want a few tips on what to avoid to ensure you don't need to make any last-minute revisions, here's a list:

  • Avoid perfect shapes - especially circles.
  • Make sure all surfaces, including smooth ones, still have somewhat of a grungy texture. Even smooth bone has flaws so keep that in mind when creating that organic aesthetic!
  • Be sure to keep to one Faction (unless you are trying to emulate Infested taking over a Grineer/Corpus/etc. piece)
  • Keep clipping and weapon-sights in mind when designing skins or Syandana. Large pieces behind the head can interrupt the player's aim and overall in-game experience.
  • Please do not add obvious facial features to Warframes. That means anything that would resemble eyes (including eye-coverings) or mouths will not be accepted. Warframes are not humans and thus do not have eyes. Alad V knows this, you should too.

A more extensive Style Guide and Things-To-Avoid list will be coming in the next few weeks.

:community:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added another 'avoid point'
Link to post
Share on other sites

A shame a few more syandana's didn't make it in... Prime time for it considering how many there were this time. Glad about the two we did get though.

I've been wondering, do you guys ever go back to previous submissions at all? Off the top of my head - minus Hitsu - I can't recall submissions made in time for previous round releases, be included in a future TennoGen round.

Edited by Naith
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Naith said:

I've been wondering, do you guys ever go back to previous submissions at all? Off the top of my head - minus Hitsu - I can't recall submissions made in time for previous round releases, be included in a future TennoGen round.

We're working more closely with creators now to ensure that pieces with potential get another chance in future rounds. There were some submissions this time around that needed tweaks before they could be accepted, but hopefully some extra guidance will help them make an appearance later on. It does depend on the creator's willingness to make changes though (preference to work on current projects instead, etc).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We're working more closely with creators now to ensure that pieces with potential get another chance in future rounds. There were some submissions this time around that needed tweaks before they could be accepted, but hopefully some extra guidance will help them make an appearance later on. It does depend on the creator's willingness to make changes though (preference to work on current projects instead, etc).

Cheers, good to know. Did guess that part of it might be communication with authors.

Hoping some more syandanas get added in the future. Went through some of the past submissions for syandana's and forgot about some of the awesome ones released earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We're working more closely with creators now to ensure that pieces with potential get another chance in future rounds. There were some submissions this time around that needed tweaks before they could be accepted, but hopefully some extra guidance will help them make an appearance later on. It does depend on the creator's willingness to make changes though (preference to work on current projects instead, etc).

Is it now a requirement that warframe skins have alt helmets that come with them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We're working more closely with creators now to ensure that pieces with potential get another chance in future rounds. There were some submissions this time around that needed tweaks before they could be accepted, but hopefully they'll make an appearance later on. It does depend on the creator's willingness to make changes though (preference to work on current projects instead, etc).

Nice to hear that. Is there any chance that the first helmed-version of Hitsu_San's masterpiece will be included in the package. (like the Faven_PS Excalibur one).. Many People loved the first helmed too.. and would like to see a return of that one. Hope....

Link to post
Share on other sites

No Yatus stuff.I mean like the guy has made some really good skins that really deserve a place in the game and I've been waiting for his skins to be selected for over 3 rounds now I think, only to be disappointed. 

Edited by CapAllan
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CapAllan said:

No Yatus stuff.

Probably because some of his stuff is still a little messy (too much going on). I know I feel that way whenever I look at some of the submissions.

Edited by Naith
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evan_Johnson said:

When can we expect the Tennogen Skins to overwrite the prime frames so there is no unnecessary prime parts added. 

I can agree with that if it doesnt fit .. but there are so many skins which look more "epic" if there are prime parts left

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Is it now a requirement that warframe skins have alt helmets that come with them?

Nope! If requirements changed, we would let you know. :)

22 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

Nice to hear that. Is there any chance that the first helmed-version of Hitsu_San's masterpiece will be included in the package. (like the Faven_PS Excalibur one).. Many People loved the first helmed too.. and would like to see a return of that one. Hope....

The helmet was changed for a reason, so no. Sorry! I have amended the "things to avoid" list to include some extra information in this regard.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added a sorry because i feel bad
Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG OMG OMG I can't believe it! :surprised: 

Thank you, DE! 

 

And congratz to other winners!

 

Spoiler

P.S. I almost got a heart attack when saw a tiny greeenish thing floating next to arcturus syandana. I'm soo happy!:satisfied:

 

Edited by Lucha
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love hitsu 

22 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

Nice to hear that. Is there any chance that the first helmed-version of Hitsu_San's masterpiece will be included in the package. (like the Faven_PS Excalibur one).. Many People loved the first helmed too.. and would like to see a return of that one. Hope....

Yeah i hope so :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CapAllan said:

No Yatus stuff.I mean like the guy has made some really good skins that really deserve a place in the game and I've been waiting for his skins to be selected for over 3 rounds now I think, only to be disappointed. 

So much this, I'm still waiting for the N3 Vagabond Ash skin to arrive: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=778840948&searchtext=
 

That will be an immediate MUST BUY whenever it arrives to Tennogen on live. Its really disappointing to see that it didn't make this round either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty excited for this round-up. There's only a couple skins out of the bunch that I don't like, unlike last time. I'm absolutely ecstatic for the Mesa skin and can't wait for it! Also love the Limbo helm, but considering I use him once a week at most for rescue sorties, I doubt I'll spend the money on that. Unless the Limbo rework makes him more fun in other mission types. It's a gorgeous helm, though.

Edited by Cat__Nap
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...