Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 7

[DE]Taylor

Im rather disapointed that certain frames arent getting much love. I know Nezha could go for a skin aswell as Limbo, Helmets are perfect and all but diversity is always a factor. As for this tennogen content. Whatever happened to DE making several alt helmets and skins. Like More power to the player with them making the content but jeez. Im amazed that theres a vauban skin out now. But their needs to be a bigger diversity instead of going back to the same frames each time. I've been seeing alot of Excalibur, Nova, Mag and Frost. We have 31 warframes and only a small percentage of those frames are getting love. Come on guys?

11 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

Most popular frames = most profitable

Just because its most profitable doesn't make right. If you're going to have this many frames its only right to spread it out evenly. Happy players equals happy community. Happy community equals happy DE. Profitable and balanced are two different worlds.

That's true, and I'd love to make skins for the frames with less stuff (also more profitable as there's less choice between those), but I don't have the skills and it takes a long time to learn them. Especially when balancing the learning with daily warframe grind lol.

I think the skilled tennogen creators make skins for the frames they feel inspired by or have an idea for, but I can only guess. All the frames will have their own skins in time, and many.

IMO, DE should make skinning open to all weapons. No one wants a skin for the gorgon for example as no one uses that; but skins for tonkor, boltor, soma etc would sell like headcrabs - hotcakes, my phone suggested headcrabs for some reason lmao. maybe oneplus is a fan of HL2

2 minutes ago, SpiralViper said:

That's true, and I'd love to make skins for the frames with less stuff (also more profitable as there's less choice between those), but I don't have the skills and it takes a long time to learn them. Especially when balancing the learning with daily warframe grind lol.

I think the skilled tennogen creators make skins for the frames they feel inspired by or have an idea for, but I can only guess. All the frames will have their own skins in time, and many.

IMO, DE should make skinning open to all weapons. No one wants a skin for the gorgon for example as no one uses that; but skins for tonkor, boltor, soma etc would sell like headcrabs - hotcakes, my phone suggested headcrabs for some reason lmao. maybe oneplus is a fan of HL2

I know that Hitsu has an idea for Banshee, but that would change the mesh as well. So my guess is that too many creators out there have ideas for more deluxe type skins compared to re-skins.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, Rosellaa said:

So my guess is that too many creators out there have ideas for more deluxe type skins compared to re-skins.

You have no idea just how true that statement is.  :D  I would have done one myself and gotten help with texturing if the mesh could be changed more.

On 05/02/2017 at 8:04 AM, Papyster said:

Just because its most profitable doesn't make right. If you're going to have this many frames its only right to spread it out evenly. Happy players equals happy community. Happy community equals happy DE. Profitable and balanced are two different worlds.

They can only spread out what they get. Out of the submissions that were actually detailed and well-designed enough to be accepted, I can only think of a handful that actually weren't accepted. People tend to make a lot of excal/nova skins, probably because their meshes are very easy compared to a lot of frames, but also because they're popular.

Do I like that there's no Ivara skin, but like 10 excal skins or helmets? No, but DE can't force people to make skins for certain frames, and right now no one makes skins for certain frames. I'm actually astonished someone did a Mesa skin, because it's much more complex than it looks. Same with Chroma - both the Tennogen creators for Chroma did an amazing job, considering how intricate his design is (as well as the fact that you basically have to design two skins at once).

But just because there's a lot of skins for a certain frame already doesn't mean DE should say "hey, we have a lot, so even if your piece is designed really well and you clearly put a lot of effort into it, we're gonna pass." More variety is always nice, even if a certain frame has a lot of skins already.

Now, if there were a bunch of really good skins being made for less-played frames and DE was just passing over them for Excal ones? Then I'd understand your argument. But there aren't. There's only one skin I really wanted (not this round, but in a previous one) that didn't get accepted (a Valkyr one), but DE probably had their reasons.

Edit: Looking through Steam, the only Wukong and Hydroid skins ever made were both accepted this round. Both Chroma skins previously submitted were accepted. No Inaros skin has ever been made.  Ask creators to do skins for other frames rather than blaming DE for not having more of them (can't accept what's not submitted).

Edited by Cat__Nap

• Please do not add obvious facial features to Warframes. That means anything that would resemble eyes (including eye-coverings) or mouths will not be accepted. Warframes are not humans and thus do not have eyes. Alad V knows this, you should too.

Err The Mirage skin has eyeholes just like one of her normal helms, the Mesa Graxx has goggles, and Hitsu's Ash is wearing a blindfold.

EDIT: and Chroma's default helm has fairly defined eyes.

Edited by Vulture051

1 hour ago, Vulture051 said:
  • Please do not add obvious facial features to Warframes. That means anything that would resemble eyes (including eye-coverings) or mouths will not be accepted. Warframes are not humans and thus do not have eyes. Alad V knows this, you should too.

Err The Mirage skin has eyeholes just like one of her normal helms, the Mesa Graxx has goggles, and Hitsu's Ash is wearing a blindfold.

EDIT: and Chroma's default helm has fairly defined eyes.

Don't forget that the koga skin for ash literally has three eyes

20 hours ago, Dragonzzilla said:

Can't wait for the Teutonic Helmet.

However, I do find it a bit strange that one of the stipulations for TennoGen is that you can't add anything that would resemble eyes and eye-coverings... yet Bai Hu, Graxx, and Teutonic made it in.

There was a larger discussion about this in the earlier pages. You're taking this too literally - I'll rewrite that point. Abstractions of facial features are okay (especially emissive ports - 2 dots =/= eyeballs), but you shouldn't be making your helmets look like C-3PO. 

I suggest you compare the original iterations of the Bai Hu and Mesa Graxx to their accepted versions for an idea of where we draw the line. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

There was a larger discussion about this in the earlier pages. You're taking this too literally - I'll rewrite that point. Abstractions of facial features are okay (especially emissive ports - 2 dots =/= eyeballs), but you shouldn't be making your helmets look like C-3PO. 

I suggest you compare the original iterations of the Bai Hu and Mesa Graxx to their accepted versions for an idea of where we draw the line. 

good summation actually ^

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

That's a lot more reasonable, and I see what you mean now.

On 05.02.2017 at 7:55 AM, Papyster said:

But their needs to be a bigger diversity instead of going back to the same frames each time. I've been seeing alot of Excalibur, Nova, Mag and Frost. We have 31 warframes and only a small percentage of those frames are getting love. Come on guys?

No one likes Nezha and no one ever will.

Useless frames getting skins are pretty much useless, what good about that cool Oberon skin if Oberon himself is crp? No one used it, no one uses it. Paid 150 plat to observe it sometimes in the menu.