Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #86!

[DE]Rebecca

why the lecta nerf? devs u should note more about why people need all that cred farming because u r way too enthusiastic about getting all that cred back from player, still having to spend time earning little sums of cred from time to time feels too bad in endgame, all the time invested i still feel like kind of enthralled by the game mechanic, sad!

22 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I haven't see ANY comments saying how it's brought clans together

In the second stream podcast, those youtubers said that. I don't think they should have more weight (in pariticular because they get pl as DE partners) but I think DE is biased because they talk to them directly.

I don't think the ammount of credits saved from maroo is negligible... yet, I agree that that's not gaining credits.

---

Btw, I had around 14m credits sitting around, recently I decided to waste a lot on transmutations and fusions, got it down to 4m but didn't continue because I was running low on endo.

I had converted a lot of my duplicate mods to endo prior to that... but going forward I would have to farm. Let me tell you this: I don't want to farm it on sorties. My intuition is that sorties should be for more exclusive stuff, and endo is the consolation prize. So, I guess the ayatan is better (can be traded and can be used as decoration)... but I won't be going to sortie looking for that.

Also, sometimes I wish I could trade credits. I know it is a common problem with newer players, and I would be ok to give as long as I keep around 1m for random stuff I may want.

---

DE, how about this: selling random resources for credits, rarer resources giving more credits. That could 1) help with with stockpiles, 2) replace credits farming with farming other resources 3) make it easier to find people willing to farm the resources you need (anybody who needs credits would be interested).

Wait, so you guys aren't changing the drop rate? 

Sigh

Really hoping this doesn't become a constant thing with you people. I play this game with my friends, in a clan I created and funded (with upwards of 1k plat, as it was before there were good Forma drops), and my small group of friends do not have the time to play 50 hours a week to get a single weapon (That we don't even want) Just so we can get the next infested weapon. I'm sure this is a fantastic way for DE to make money, but keep in mind it's also a fantastic way to drive away players with an insane and unreasonable grindwall. Can a clan of 10 people farm this? Yes. Can a clan of friends that number from 1-6? No. I love Warframe, and I love supporting you guys, but this is not okay in the future.

Also: First, apparently. DE, you're one of the few developers that have been great at responding to player feedback and listening to your fans. So why aren't you listening now?

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

14 minutes ago, N64Gamefreak said:

Thanks for increasing the drop rate of mutagen samples!  Oh wait, you didn't. :angry:

I'm very frustrated. Again you didn't listen to the community feedback about the Hema cost and still have strange (IMHO) arguments for this! :thumbdown:

Edited by Doc-Orange

Difference in scale of costs between hema and everything else is too much. Need to balance old and new costs better and probably adjust the drop rate. Even if you only boost it a bit on Eris to give players more places to farm.

Im sorry, but anything else is putting your head in the sand.

DE needs players more than players need DE. Balancing costs around stockpiles from long term players (who may not even be active anymore, I have no faith in DE to actually analyze their data as much more than a lump sum) will just drive new people away once they get a glimpse of the walls in the distance.

Still no fix for: actually listening to player feedback

Thank you or the Devstream.

Hema and Mutagen:
Why is the Hema research (one thing) so different from the many things (20+ cases) you have directly or indirectly reduced the cost of?  Some players worked for all of those ones as well, "sucked up the costs" only to have them changed later.

The Mutagen sample issue is a lot larger than you think DE (and actually has little to do with mutagen itself), you essentially spent all that time and effort on the relic system to get players out of the Void and now have just shoved them into the Derelicts instead thus sending them back into that same style of play again.  You keep saying you want players to play a variety of locations, this pushes us into one location again.  So do you want us playing in few mission or not?

Likewise you are essentially saying "a few comments in DE_Steve's stream is more important than the improvement of the game or the hundreds of voices outside of the stream", as well as saying "the time veteran players already put in is meaningless to us".  You know those very players that have kept the game funded all this time.

While it is meant to bring clans together working for something it is actually ripping more of them apart as player's kick more casual or lower rank players out of their clans to lower the rank of the clans (a huge issue you had with having the ability to reduce the clan tiers, and now your pushing players to do exactly that).  Check your stats, I'm sure you will see the number of regularly playing people kicked from clans has increased quite considerably.
While many players only want to join clans that have the Hema research.

Exorbitant research costs wont bring clans together, if the clan doesn't already want to work together.  It will get players watching each other to see if they contribute what they see as 'enough' to stay in them though.

Sorties:
You avoided answering the question on tokens BTW.  We really dont need AW in sorties either they just cant handle that level of enemies, they have enough trouble with the 40-50 lvl ones already.

Syndicate Bosses:
Sounds interesting but what about clans that cover all Syndicates across their players (like a clan that works together would).

Bard frame:
Looks good (looks like we got dancing after all).  The step sequencer seems overly complex for something unique to a single frame, I guess we will see.

Edited by Loswaith
clarifications/spelling

No Hema changes whatsoever (though I guess we could've hoped for "usual" droprate on Eris at best, and it's not like those tight, winding, dark corridors and skewed halls are good for anything but potential Vacuum mod replacement, I'd prefer derelicts anyway). Not listening to those arguments about "devaluating someone's efforts" because since when does it matter with the exception of founder program? >.>

Salvage for sorties like it's not annoying enough. Defo a skip trigger unless teaming up with friends. *shrugs*

Archwing for sorties - well, I kinda like the thing, but I wish its issues to be fixed before this. For example, bring us that missing sixth degree of freedom - roll - finally.

No real Zephyr deluxe progress (not like I play her, but it's really the only deluxe I care about for a long time, and she keeps flying away. Sigh. We're mostly getting similarly styled, generally unappealing to me, skins instead, and they even ran out of addons to purchase for). Yeah, I heard that it's a passion project and I can understand. It's just sad. Thanks for some clarification.

Well, the rest is good.

Clan Quests, great idea for bringing everyone together, but, wouldn't be better an option or maybe Alliance quests if the clan is afiliated with one.
On a Alliance set, lots of friends are scattered around the different clans as Warlords, so, I won't be able to play with those friends of mine ?

I really wish I would stop missing devstreams :( 

The last few the only reason I even remembered they where a thing was because I noticed the 24hr alert in game. Which was met with an "Oh cool" and followed immediately by a "crap I missed the devstream" :(

Didn't watch the stream(missed it), but all this talk of the Secura Lecta nerf has me nervous! I don't play online and don't frequent excavation missions, so this is the only way I can get my credits up!

I have 2.4 million credits right now mostly due to Lecta, but they'll easily dwindle down once I start getting BPs and crafting them, fusing mods, and going up in different syndicates again because I'm still a developing player(MR17). Not everyone is a veteran, and the only way veterans are rich is because they don't need to spend on daily necessities. I remember when I was a young Tenno and all I had was 10K, and I needed 25k for a new gun. So I was clearing maps and selling mods because that's the only way I could get a good amount of credits. It's like that now, but I have more avenue of gaining credits; one of those being SeLecta. You're only making the people who have to pay 100p happy to get their MR and credits up.

Edited by Warlord1400

Just watched the Devstream and about trading in "other places": I understand, as Steve said, that you need players to actualy be in-game Warframe for many reasons (company and otherwise: stats, hours of play, player count, etc), but this is simple to do only on PC. Even with a micro laptop with 'starbucks' internet connection you can be doing something else and trading at the same time, just seeing if anyone replied to your ad for instance. But in consoles it is much more dificult: you can't carry it everywhere, some people have to use the ONE tv in the house to do it, it is hard to type everything with a controller fast enough, etc... So, just something you could consider in the future because that Nexus app is pretty handy and its potential is yet to be fully tapped (also, it needs inventory selection in the foundry) ;)

Let me just add that I, for one, am happy about the changes. I know Hema didn't make the cut (yet?), but Nitain removed and replace by 3day booster as amazing (got 3x affinity today), nullifiers stealth kill and weak spot added (my loki invisibility apreciates this), archwing in sorties (YES! Iove archwing, but the controls definitelly need "lol" - lots of love), the Bardframe looks like a chiken to me but Danielle (the Keykeeper) definitelly has some great moves, credits removed from trading ayatan for endo (omg! I want this so bad... in consoles when?), specific ayatan sculptures in sorties (I still need a bunch of great lenses, but I would definitelly take a sculpture over just a "2000 endo" message)... For all this and much more on the stream I just wanna say thank you. I for one appreciate all the work Rebecca, Megan, Drew, even "lockqueen" Danielle do in reading thru the forums and trying their best to have DE make the necessary changes that players sugest/beg for.

Thank you all and keep up the good work!

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666

Not sure if that has been brought up already, please let me know, if that's the case.

After watching the devstream and listening to the 2nd stream, I'm wondering how the syndicate assassination's "kingpin" target would be selected and if those would have an effect on a clan member's syndicate standing?
For example, the majority of my clan is supporting Steel Meridian, but one of our fellows is allied with New Loka.
Would that player simply be forced to not participate in the investigation, counter-farm standing to offset their clan's progress or even be encouraged to turn against their clan members?