The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Applying new mechanics to old stuff (saryn toxic leash)

Netzwerkfehler

Hi,

Nidus was a great success. This is probably due to his good design and mechanics. You can mod him very nicely without making 3 abilities useless and 1 abiltiy your power house. Sadly this is the case on most other frames.

I like his ability to refund energy on successfully hitting enemies. The nice thing is that it scales inverted with efficiency. Saryns toxic leash is similar, but doesn´t get effected by efficiency. It would open new ways of modding if it would.

I hope you´ll update old mechanics with these nice new approaches you come up with

It wouldn't punish positive efficiency, it'd be the same effective energy return per unit of energy invested. Invest more energy, get more back.

All it really does is facilitate skilled players to maintain their own energy, independent of other frames. We need more stuff like this, so Trinity is less of a mandatory slave in public missions.

That said, what I'd like to see much more importantly for Toxic Lash is for it to gain an effect without a melee weapon. I reckon instead of a garbage blocking bonus that nobody really uses, make it a passive % damage reduction that scales off strength (like the other similar abilities do). Rename it to Toxic Sheath instead of Toxic Lash and you're done. That way, it's not entirely dependent on a melee weapon to gain its effect, but is still more useful with one.

No warframe in this game should have any ability that is solely dependent on a weapon. War Cry, Hysteria, Artemis Bow, Exalted Blade and heaps of other abilities still have a function if you don't bring the right weapon, but it's still more useful if you do.