Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do not force Archwing onto your players by adding them to Sorties. [Devstream #86 feedback]

Multicom-EN-

People don't play AW because it has little to none relation to main game and lacks good rewards.

As for AW in sorties, devs would really have to fix some issues. Scrap minimap and replace it with HUD markers, add long range vacuum (unlike normal gameplay we lose A LOT of loot without it) and add 'reorient' control so player can get back to default view.

Edited by Slaviar

6 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Aaaaaaand this community has no idea how video games work!

You aren't making the game.

You can give your opinion, but DE will make the game how they want.

They said after heavy revisions, you and I have no idea what that entails.

They said they want to, not that they're going to.

Archwing is something they want in the game, they want it to be a part of it, we have plenty of content for it that isn't used because it isn't included well enough.

If your ideals of "I don't like it so lets scrap it" then this game would be a cookie clicker clone.

and in conclusion, can you at least think before you make a post on pure emotion?

No but the community did fund this game through early access because DE couldn't launch this game any other way. DE needs to learn not bite the hand that feeds them.

Archwing sucks. That is all.

Ill happily do archwing exterminates or mobile defense. However interceptions almost always kill anyone who isnt amesha already. Making them harder.. well... you get the point. And i dont even want to talk about pursuit or rush... those i already find impossible.

However.. de pls let us replay the first aw mission we get where we have to avoid the fomorian. That was the best by far. 

I'm sure i don't want Archwing Sorties, make them optional those who like it and aswell as PvP Sorties, aswell optional, but do not force things that the most people don't play. Beside Archwing is bearish and still not a complete game mode.

First,we need MOST of the normal warframe/weapon mods for archwing and THEN we will be able to play it agiants lvl 50-100 enemies.As of now, i have grattler lvl 16 with 1 forma in it, i doubt that could handle anything that really wants to kill me.Normal missions are power play, sortie for frames are somewhat a challange(based on skill and quality of items/mods) but if we are to play archwing sorites,those were extremly hard missions.Heck,i can't even ply through Lua spy missons when they are in sorite,that's how hard even those are.

Archwing is part of the game, it should be in sorties. Bypassing content just because it's too hard for you or don't like it is the absolute worse thing a dev team can do - where does it end? Sorties are meant to be late game... You telling me your late game but can't handle late game archwing?

54 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Skode said:

Archwing is part of the game, it should be in sorties. Bypassing content just because it's too hard for you or don't like it is the absolute worse thing a dev team can do - where does it end? Sorties are meant to be late game... You telling me your late game but can't handle late game archwing?

No, the absolute worst thing a dev team can do is ignore the players. Like they did for the past eight months about how the new AW controls suck.

Archwing is not ready for full time because of how poorly developed it is.

As someone that somewhat likes archwing I say dont put archwing missions in sorties. Its so broken and unfinished and the last update only made the movements more complicated. Maybe someday (in 5 years perhaps considering ignoring features for a long time when just introduced is a thing DE does regularly) when its improved but in its current state I advice against it.

First, DE said they will fix archwing before they even think about putting it in sorites

Second, just because you dislike archwing doesnt mean others also do, if DE remove every mission type  that people dislike then there would be no sorites, I mean everyone likes and dislikes different sorite mission types, I personally hate sorite defense, survial, excavation, interception, assassination(depending on boss) and some conditions so should DE remove them from game for me ?

On 20.1.2017 at 11:26 PM, John89brensen said:

Gods dude, do you have to white knight in every post? Seems like you dont see anything wrong with the game...

Sure i have no idea how to program a game, but that doest mean i dont know a thing about games. Introducing a broken, unpopular game mode to "endgame" yeah that looks like a great idea...

Yeah clearly AW is something DE wants in the game, and when it was announced i was excited about it. Then it turned out to be kinda boring, since its pretty much what you do in normal missions. Then we got that "overhaul" in mid 2016 that removed incentive for playing aw, and ruined movement in archwing, the one thing that didnt need a change. 

Instead of announcing AW in sorties, they should focus on fixing the damn mode, since its utterly unenjoyable.

Whiteknighting? Where is he? He is just saying you all should keep a cool head and stop making threads because you your entitle feelings.

I am not making threads like "Get rid of defense in Sorties because I don´t like defense". 

I am not a fan of bows too and yet I played the "bow only" Sorties, instead of crying on the forums.

And you don´t know enough of games if you call Sorties "endgame". High level content is no endgame.

AW is part of the game if you all like it or not and it is fine in it´s current state, but ofcourse there is room for improvements. It is easily played even with Sortie level. What only misses is the content.

22 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Whiteknighting? Where is he? He is just saying you all should keep a cool head and stop making threads because you your entitle feelings.

I was under the impression that this is the feedback forum. So where should we take our concerns regarding upcoming features with a broken game mode?

I am not making threads like "Get rid of defense in Sorties because I don´t like defense". 

I am not a fan of bows too and yet I played the "bow only" Sorties, instead of crying on the forums.

This is not a random complaint about a weapon type, or a mission type, this is about bringing a game mode to the forefront that suffers from a ton of problems, quite a few of which were introduced in the 2016 "overhaul".

And you don´t know enough of games if you call Sorties "endgame". High level content is no endgame.

I dont know if you noticed that i wrote "endgame", not endgame. In any case, what is endgame for you? Because for me there is no real endgame in Warframe, fashion frame perhaps, but nothing that requires you to play.

AW is part of the game if you all like it or not and it is fine in it´s current state, but ofcourse there is room for improvements. It is easily played even with Sortie level. What only misses is the content.

I love the concept behind AW, but its execution is awful, missions that play just like groundframe, collision detection problems in trench runs, a very awkward movement system (the old one was way better), lack of incentive to play missions thanks to the removal of all parts, underpowered mods and enemies that scale up to infinity, an horrendous mini map, and a UI that clearly doesnt tell a lot. Yeah! Archwing is fine in its current state...

But hey, if you like it then more power to you, go play level 100 AW. Just dont force it on the rest of us until its fixed of all its problems.

Edited by John89brensen

22 hours ago, TalonBlue said:

the community did fund this game through early access because DE couldn't launch this game any other way. DE needs to learn not bite the hand that feeds them.

I don't see a founder's badge on your profile so you literally have zero right to say this.

What archwing needs before adding to anymore main parts of the game:

-Flight controls fix or limited like it used to be (personally, I think they should control like a space ship. They are basically large jet packs.)

-Separate the archwing controls from the other mode. I want to keybind my keys differently for archwing. (frankly, you are seriously behind in updating the keybinding options, they are so bad)

-Add more missions on all tile sets, at least 2-3 archwing missions on each planet. That's still very small percentage of the total amount of missions, but more options makes the mode more accessible.

-Enhanced navigation to mission objectives. (So easy that a monkey could be trained to fly to the objective.)

-Fixing the problem of finding where, in space, the rare and mod drops in missions. It's impossible unless you are directly on top of the drop or it's directly in front of your view.

-Add more different kinds of archwing mods so that there are plenty to fill the mod slots. Right now there is so little choice.

-Add 4 more archwings (not including primes)

-Add 4 more guns, and 4 more melee weapons, possibly released in conjunction with the 4 new archwings

All these points are the absolute minimum that needs to be added to archwing, no less. Of course more is welcome.

Now for changes I would like to see, but probably long shots:

-Change or remove archwing powers so that the warframe piloting can use their own powers. Right now, the warframe piloting means nothing in archwing mode. It makes no sense to me. The warframe you use in archwing should affect the stats and powers you have in space and on planets.

-Add a new mission type with racing enemies or players (pvp). I feel like fast pace racing in archwing could be fun.

-In missions on Eres, there are rooms that are in a vacuum (in space, no pressure or atmosphere). This hurts our warframes, with slowly decaying shields (not sure if health decays too because haven't experienced or tested that). But when you slap on a archwing jet pack, your shields are perfectly fine... This makes no sense to me as well. They should remove this mechanic of space harming us on missions. (yes technically not an archwing change, but it's related)

On 20.01.2017 at 11:18 PM, JSharpie said:

You aren't making the game.

You can give your opinion, but DE will make the game how they want.

Players are customers. If DE changes the game in a way that takes enjoyment out of it, they're going to lose customers.

Thus DE needs to listen to players.

I am one of the few that actually likes Arch-wing.

And i'm the first willing to admit that it needs a lot more work before it can be forced on who does not like it.

Just the fact that the radar is completely useless in Arch-wing (i hope in a Wing Commander stile radar) is a clear indication that it's not ready yet and needs more time in the oven.