Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Telos Akbolto could REALLY use some love

Jackviator

Pretty much, well... Title.

600?cb=20141209162517

These pistols/dual semi-auto-crossbows just don't scale very well into Sortie-levels, due to their mediocre Critical and Status chance. And because of their (for some alien, unknowable reason) Faint Riven Disposition (Like seriously, why do they have a Faint Disposition, I see almost no one using these things, maybe 3 people in the last 2 months of daily gameplay), you can't easily fix them by just getting yourself a good Riven for them, either.

Hell, even if the disposition were Strong, it probably wouldn't matter too much, because their base stats just wouldn't scale very well. Even if you got +200% crit chance, that would add up to a grand total of maybe 30% crit chance at base. The status chance doesn't scale too well either, because of the rather mediocre 12.5% status chance at base. 

And even though they admittedly have a relatively decent base damage, well, I think it's been pretty much established by now that Raw Damage builds/weapons, like one would use for something like the Boltor, just won't scale too far, no matter how much Forma you sink into them.

Point is, they either need:

• A decent stat buff (maybe + 5% base crit chance, and +10-15% base status chance to keep their marginally superior status-vs-crit chance), and a Strong Riven Disposition; 
  • Or a pretty hefty, larger stat buff while keeping the Disposition they already have.

So basically, in conclusion, I really want to use these things in Sorties and Kuva Floods, play like I'm Van Helsing, or maybe the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3...

Expectations:

Demonhuntress.jpg

But, at the same time, I want to actually be effective in combat.

Reality:

41FX8ZEUknL._SY300_.jpg

And as it stands, those two "wants" are mutually exclusive, because these crossbow-pistols just don't do well at those levels due to their mediocre stats. So, DE, if you're thinking of whipping out the buff-hammer again any time soon, please consider the Telos Akbolto. Because they really need it.

Edited by Jackviator
Adding pretty pictures :3

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

Nonsense. Telos Akbolto is one of the best DPS secondaries in the game.

Nope.

It takes nearly 2 full clips of headshots to kill a Sortie-level heavy gunner. 54 mouse-clicks, all headshots.

This vid demonstrates this; the relevant bit starts at the 2 minute mark.

I'm not asking for it to be the new Akstilleto Prime, I'm just asking for it be be viable at Sortie levels.

3 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Isn't this the problem with every raw damage weapon tho? 

Well, yeah. The idea of just giving weapons decent base damage and nothing else is outdated and obsolete in the current Damage system; it was excusable back when we had things like armor-ignore, but not any more.

And I've already made a thread on that issue, as have others;

But nothing has changed, even though it would be as simple as adjusting a few numbers on a spreadsheet for things like the Detron, Panthera, Boltor, Telos Akbolto, etc. 

So now, I'm just providing examples of how certain individual weapons could be buffed, to see if maybe DE could get to them one at a time or something.

One can always hope.

5 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Well, yeah. The idea of just giving weapons decent base damage and nothing else is outdated and obsolete in the current Damage system; it was excusable back when we had things like armor-ignore, but not any more.

And I've already made a thread on that issue, as have others;

But nothing has changed, even though it would be as simple as adjusting a few numbers on a spreadsheet for things like the Detron, Panthera, Boltor, Telos Akbolto, etc. 

So now, I'm just providing examples of how certain individual weapons could be buffed, to see if maybe DE could get to them one at a time or something.

One can always hope.

I agree completely. The only I was trying to say is that their should be a thread talking about how far raw damage has fallen when compare to Crit and status.

47 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

Nope.

It takes nearly 2 full clips of headshots to kill a Sortie-level heavy gunner. 54 mouse-clicks, all headshots.

This vid demonstrates this; the relevant bit starts at the 2 minute mark.

I'm not asking for it to be the new Akstilleto Prime, I'm just asking for it be be viable at Sortie levels.

so just click faster

In all honesty, they would be fine if DE just got rid of armor scaling. Raw damage works just fine against anything without armor like the infested, but since all our loadouts must be geared towards stripping armor due to the ludicrous scaling of armored enemies, everything that can't do that just falls short. My Prisma Gorgon falls into the same hole.

Even against high level Corpus, you will eventually be better off running with Corrosive, because the Oxium Ospreys and Bursas have armor as well and become the biggest bullet sponges of the faction quite quickly.

32 minutes ago, Jeffrey94 said:

macros are your friend

That argument just doesn't work; I shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party program to use a weapon effectively without wearing down the joints and whatnot in my f***ing hand, and doesn't even address the fact that one has to land 54 headshots to kill Sortie-level enemies.

Macros can also get you banned, as DE have made very clear.

9mHnnXj.jpg

Edited by Jackviator