The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is going on with relics rare reword chance?

Atekron

It's all: 

Image result for warframe rng gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, nothing happened to the drop chances. You have a chance of getting all rares, you have a chance of getting a mix, and you have a chance of getting all commons. Both the Old Void system and the current Relic system used and use RNG to calculate rewards so it's all about luck.

Edit: Plus a 34% drop chance per Radiant group run for the Relic's rare is not going to guarantee it no matter what.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205
Clarity

44 minutes ago, Atekron said:

it's definitely not 40%

its 40% collectively, as in 4 people each get 10% chance.  So technically speaking it isn't exactly 40%.  I'm terrible with math but I'm sure there is some formula or other that explains this better.

The other day I ran a Radshare for Valkyr's Systems, none of us got it, one of us got a silver reward, the rest got commons.  After they fled I joined a pug with my remaining radiant and got the systems bp.

Honestly I am of the opinion that running 4 radiants together is just a waste of time, what if all 4 of you get the rare reward?  It may be faster but seems wasteful to me, but whatever.

Anyway, RNG man.

12 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

its 40% collectively, as in 4 people each get 10% chance.  So technically speaking it isn't exactly 40%.  I'm terrible with math but I'm sure there is some formula or other that explains this better.

The other day I ran a Radshare for Valkyr's Systems, none of us got it, one of us got a silver reward, the rest got commons.  After they fled I joined a pug with my remaining radiant and got the systems bp.

Honestly I am of the opinion that running 4 radiants together is just a waste of time, what if all 4 of you get the rare reward?  It may be faster but seems wasteful to me, but whatever.

Anyway, RNG man.

That's not how percentages work.  If you flip 4 coins, you don't have a 200% chance to get heads on one of them.  Each relic has it's own drop rate, and they are completely independent of one another.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke said:

Each relic has it's own drop rate, and they are completely independent of one another.

Yeah that is what I was trying to say, even though 4 people each have 10% chance it isn't exactly 40% total.  It's just 4 chances of 10% each.  Whatever, I'm bad at math stuff.  Either way, RNG wins.

sigh... everyone running the same rad relic does not mean the game calculates a 40% chance for that one drop.

you "technically" have 40% chance because of adding up the % of each persons individual drop.  But that's not how it's calculated by the game.

the game sees all 4 of you having 12. something % chance and does it off of that.

If you are short on time and can only do a quick run the most efficient way to get a rare drop is the method you've been doing.

If you have plenty of free time you will take you and 3 others into and endless.  only one of you will initially choose the rad relic.  then after the first interval it's used and someone else will put theirs up while everyone else will choose a random relic.  and you'd repeat this process until all 4 rads have been used or if you have more rad ones stock piled.

this is more efficient because there are other drops from the other relics people can choose instead of the drop you didn't want from the rad.  this means there are more cycles of relics being used.  But most importantly it spreads out the 4 chances you got instead of slamming them all in one quick mission.

either way you spin it it's still technically only 4 shots at the item.  I'm not good at wording myself so maybe someone else can explain this better.

The main point though is that running 4 rad relics doesn't give the group a flat 40% chance.  it's still only 12. something per person.

13 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

I've done endless looking for forma and got everything else on the list but the forma.

You wanna join me and my friend? We have at least 1 Forma per run.

Re:topic - I'm not sure if they changed anything, but the amount of common stuff I've gotten from radiant relics the last few days was just absurd. I was already partying if it was something uncommon for a change ... Maybe it was just RNG catching up with me after I had way better runs than the odds would allow in the past.

2 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

You wanna join me and my friend? We have at least 1 Forma per run.

Re:topic - I'm not sure if they changed anything, but the amount of common stuff I've gotten from radiant relics the last few days was just absurd. I was already partying if it was something uncommon for a change ... Maybe it was just RNG catching up with me after I had way better runs than the odds would allow in the past.

Yes please.

Meanwhile, radiants are doing somewhat ok for me. I use 2-3 on average for radshares.

Edited by HyokaChan

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

sigh... everyone running the same rad relic does not mean the game calculates a 40% chance for that one drop.

you "technically" have 40% chance because of adding up the % of each persons individual drop.  But that's not how it's calculated by the game.

the game sees all 4 of you having 12. something % chance and does it off of that.

If you are short on time and can only do a quick run the most efficient way to get a rare drop is the method you've been doing.

If you have plenty of free time you will take you and 3 others into and endless.  only one of you will initially choose the rad relic.  then after the first interval it's used and someone else will put theirs up while everyone else will choose a random relic.  and you'd repeat this process until all 4 rads have been used or if you have more rad ones stock piled.

this is more efficient because there are other drops from the other relics people can choose instead of the drop you didn't want from the rad.  this means there are more cycles of relics being used.  But most importantly it spreads out the 4 chances you got instead of slamming them all in one quick mission.

either way you spin it it's still technically only 4 shots at the item.  I'm not good at wording myself so maybe someone else can explain this better.

The main point though is that running 4 rad relics doesn't give the group a flat 40% chance.  it's still only 12. something per person.

Yea it's all very interesting, all this math and efficiency but for me it was no so bad - rare part every 2-3 runs, that seems like drop tables were changed, for intact relics even uncommon now is very uncommon, it's almost always some common bronze item.

Edited by Atekron

37 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I give up on radiants now.

I've gone through 19 to try and get Nekro's Prime BP and nothing. I know, I know, RNG and all that jazz but it's still not worth upgrading relics when what I want isn't dropping anyway.

Seems to be the opposite for me.

Anytime I get a squad of 4 with Radiant Relics, I'm basically guaranteed to get whatever part I need by the second run.

Then again, I also find Ayatan Sculptures every three games as well, so I think I'm one of the exceptions, haha.

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

I give up on radiants now.

I've gone through 19 to try and get Nekro's Prime BP and nothing. I know, I know, RNG and all that jazz but it's still not worth upgrading relics when what I want isn't dropping anyway.

Yeah, same for me. Wasted tons of void traces the last days and did get nothing. Drop chance has been decreased.

It's RNG. I've spend two dozens of one type of relics, all radiant, and no rare drop. While on another part, I used one radiant relic and got it immediately. Some people had problems farming Nidus. I got him in 4 runs. That's RNG.

*insert Stalker dancing RNG logo gif*