Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aspect Ratio Support Inquiry

-Edrick-

So recently I've purchased a 27" 4K monitor

At the highest resolution and max settings this game is absolutely stunning!!! Fantastic job DE!  Although Some of the menu items (chat box, HUD interfaces, etc) still appear tiny.

I understand that DE has alot on their plate. But I was just wondering if there will be a HUD/interface support for screen resolutions with 3840 x 2160 coming out soon with the next/future pbr or gfx enhancement patches. Or if not, when we can expect? (apologies if this question was asked prior...I couldn't find a thread that had an answer...latest info/topic I found was last year September)

Here are a few samples w/ the tiny HUD interface (set at largest size ofc):

I know not many ppl play with such a resolution (yet) ...but I just feel this f2p game absolutely needs/deserves to be seen and played this way to fully appreciate the kind of work and artistry put in it.

Jjq54O6.jpg

TiDpNqW.jpg

DyRHNSO.jpg

Edited by -Edrick-

while grumbles about the UI Scaling slider not going high enough for some tastes at higher Resolutions, part of your example case of badness is a 16:9 Monitor, and then grumbling about not supporting Aspect Ratios other than it - quite strange.

support extremely rare Aspect Ratios will likely happen (just like with games in general) as their Market Share increases. until then 16:9 and 16:10 are the Market Share.

The game does support 21:9. But for your resolution, 3840x2160 "4k" it is suited for 16:9, 21:9 would be for a ultra-wide format, which isn't what you have. Nor should the aspect ratio affect your hud elements. 

Personally I prefer the smaller hud elements you get in most games with higher than 1080p resolutions, I like less on my screen, and smaller tends to look neater in terms of game HUDs in my personal preference, but this is usually due to bad resolution/hud scaling. Some games have hud scale sliders too, which is also great.

I would love a hud scale slider personally.

Edited by A7xConnor

10 hours ago, T3HC4J said:

Um, there is a hud scale slider. Although I don't know how it acts at 4k or if that effects all UI elements.

Hide contents

hUR5tPr.png

3rd from the bottom there.

Last time I tried it, it did nothing at all. Maybe that's an issue with above 1080p resolutions again.