The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow Talk About Event 'hate'

SeoV

Browsing the forums lately has been a mountain of topics that basically amount to:

"This event shtupid, everybody shtupid."

Why is it so bad? And why are people blaming DE? I'll be honest, I was excited for the event! And when it started, it was actually a lot of fun to scout out the balloons, seeing the mini-map fizzle like that was quite the buzz. (No pun intended) They're so easy to kill and honestly, you don't even need to pay that much attention, I did my part simply by playing a Grineer mission that had parts I needed over and over to get both my parts and the balloons.

So whats with that aggression against such a small event?

Browsing the forums lately has been a mountain of topics that basically amount to:

Why is it so bad? And why are people blaming DE? I'll be honest, I was excited for the event! And when it started, it was actually a lot of fun to scout out the balloons, seeing the mini-map fizzle like that was quite the buzz. (No pun intended) They're so easy to kill and honestly, you don't even need to pay that much attention, I did my part simply by playing a Grineer mission that had parts I needed over and over to get both my parts and the balloons.

Almost no one appreciates the efforts of the few. Also lack of overall teamwork.

Edited by Jacate

Probably to do with the rewards. I would love that "Prime Chamber" mod, but due to time difference and having to work I could only get to 1055. That's not good enough to be in the top 100, and we might not even get the Sniperton if we don't reach 100% either.

Maybe they should have set some sort of goals with different rewards, or at least leader boards so that one can see what's going on.

Was fun when it started, but here by day two and 500+ drones later it got a bit boring.

Almost no one appreciates the efforts of the few. Also lack of overall teamwork.

This is what I guess bugs me a little, I mean don't get me wrong I don't NEED the reward, I was in closed beta so I have a fully leveled snipetron on hand, but Im doing it not just for me but for others too.

This event was a bucket of fun for me too, I don't know why everyone's so bummed out anyways.

Exactly! I'm excited for the Vandal, but i'm not going to murder anyone over it...

I suppose because as has been mentioned in those threads, this event strongly discouraged team play and incentivized being a lone ranger. To some, that isn't fun.

In a game that is pitched to the consumer as a 4 co-op shoot 'em up? I'd say that having to go solo isn't fun for most of the player base.

1. I was bored to tears walking down the hallway killing those Drones was like using a broom to clean spider webs off the ceiling...

2. lacked team work friendliness since kills were not shared

3. Should run events by the design council and have us design and vote on them as they did with the Antimatter warframe/ or just let us vote on their ideas.

4. Next event... needs to be in the void. With friendliness to the whole team earning the points.

I'll list out the reasons:

1) It's boring.

2) rewards are inadequate: a snipetron vandal would be nice, but there is no reason to farm more than 20 drones because the rewards for getting into the top 100 are pretty subpar.

3) it encourages kill stealing and selfish play in a co-op game, which makes no sense (regarding the fact that kills are individual based and not team based)

Any one of these wouldn't make an event bad (for example, if the rewards were bad, but the event was fun, I'd play it, I'd even play it if it was boring and had bad rewards if I could play with my clanmates), but the combination of all three of these makes it quite a disappointment.

1. I was bored to tears walking down the hallway killing those Drones was like using a broom to clean spider webs off the ceiling...

2. lacked team work friendliness since kills were not shared

3. Should run events by the design council and have us design and vote on them as they did with the Antimatter warframe/ or just let us vote on their ideas.

4. Next event... needs to be in the void. With friendliness to the whole team earning the points.

Maybe I had a different experience, I was playing with my brother and some close clan mates so we simply took turns.

Maybe I had a different experience, I was playing with my brother and some close clan mates so we simply took turns.

Your lucky... you had the clan with the good guns... lol... I am the only one that could kill em.

Edited by Arlayn

Your lucky... you had the clan with the good guns... lol... I am the only one that could kill em.

Haha I guess? One shot from the Lato Vandal, another shot from my clan mate's Paris, and then one more from my other clan mate's Boltor and repeat! Our clan is small sized and all about playing together. We're not one of those big clans where you dissolve into the background, we're all friends (:

Haha I guess? One shot from the Lato Vandal, another shot from my clan mate's Paris, and then one more from my other clan mate's Boltor and repeat! Our clan is small sized and all about playing together. We're not one of those big clans where you dissolve into the background, we're all friends (:

Oh yeah were close... just when little brother sees big brother with a bigger, badder, better gun... it leads to certain issues...

So far I've seen 3 kinds of posts :

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have your pudding !!!"

"You can take your pudding and bleep bleep".

"The pudding is in the mail"

Erhm,...Wut???

Hey big brother, how is your gun so strong?

Nah we're all friends in the clan, we try to get to know each other personally and play with voice calls, so no in-clan fighting!

I did my part simply by playing a Grineer mission that had parts I needed over and over to get both my parts and the balloons.

I tried this, but then I acquired a complete set of trinity BPs, but not a single neurode, and became angry.