Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Introduction to The General Mastery Rank and Teshin

(PSN)Hyperion-Banos

Mastery rank is an important aspect of the game, however it is never talked about in the game to new players. So I came up with and idea that can help new players introduce the mastery ranks and the Conclave Grandmaster, Teslin.

After gaining enough mastery points to begin the mastery rank test of 0 to rank 1, The Lotus sends you a message in your inbox explaining that you have started to show prowess in your skills and hereby you are now eligible to perform a mastery test and continue on your journey as a Tenno. Lotus and Ordis starts talking about mastery, so they decide to have Teshin come by and explain the concept. Afterwards, Teshin comes by, Introduces himself, speaks of some accolades of his, and begins to talk to you about mastery ranks and how to develop more "mastery" by leveling up your equipment and frames. Thereafter he talks about the relays are available to practice mastery rank tests there Finally once he finishes explain all of this, a screen appears to start up the mastery test appears, asking the player if they are ready to take it or wait until a later time.

Any constructive support and suggestions would be highly appreciated

Lotus and Teshin together... ain't gonna happen...

One thing is the conclave the other is the M rank system.

This game was never about explain people what do to, that's why the game itself relies on the community to help out new players. This so called New player experience should be enriched? Yes, in my opinion adding tutorials on the junctions to explain new players the aspects of the game would help.

Teshin should introduce himself at some point and have some interaction with players outside of quests. He just jumps out of nowhere in Natah but many of those who don't touch Conclave likely forgot he even exists.

This could be good way to introduce him.

Edited by Slaviar

2 hours ago, Wearnopanties said:

One thing is the conclave the other is the M rank system.

This game was never about explain people what do to, that's why the game itself relies on the community to help out new players. This so called New player experience should be enriched? Yes, in my opinion adding tutorials on the junctions to explain new players the aspects of the game would help.

Out of all the characters in the warframe universe sided with the Tenno, wouldn't you agree that Teshin would be the most qualified for this role as a person to introduce us to the mastery ranks, as he wants us to better ourselves since we have lost our way since being awoken from the cryopod.

52 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Teshin should introduce himself at some point and have some interaction with players outside of quests. He just jumps out of nowhere in Natah but many of those who don't touch Conclave likely forgot he even exists.

This could be good way to introduce him.

I agree, Teshin came out of left field in the Natah quest to everyone who wasn't familiar to him from the conclave, and he's such a interesting character, it would be nice to see him more often. I hate seeing him being regarded as such a forgettable character.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hyperion_Ape said:

I agree, Teshin came out of left field in the Natah quest to everyone who wasn't familiar to him from the conclave, and he's such a interesting character, it would be nice to see him more often. I hate seeing him being regarded as such a forgettable character.

After War Within he became one of my favourite NPCs. Hope we'll get more of his backstory. Since DE are now making syndicate quests I hope we'll see one related to Conclave as it is essentially additional syndicate.

Edited by Slaviar

The game doesn't explain broken mods, endo, benefits of the mastery system, that planets contribute to your mastery rank, what elementals do, weapon momentum, how to buy item slots, how to acquire certain mods despite them basically being required to succeed, punch through, how firing rate applies to bows, cephalon fragments, that rolling can block CC while lowering incoming damage and quite a few other things. 

The game doesn't explain broken mods, endo, benefits of the mastery system, that planets contribute to your mastery rank, what elementals do, weapon momentum, how to buy item slots, how to acquire certain mods despite them basically being required to succeed, punch through, how firing rate applies to bows, cephalon fragments, that rolling can block CC while lowering incoming damage and quite a few other things. 

As a npc and as the pvp coordinator I dislike teshin.  His place in the storylines would really make him completely inappropriate for interaction early on.  Lotus herself would likely explain mastery rank in the way you describe rather than get Teshin involved.

You are kind of right that maybe mastery rank could use just a bit more explanation in game and that it might be interesting as a story to have one of the npcs doing the teaching.  But not Teshin unless he needs to be shoved down our throat, and also because his views on the Tenno run counter to the views that Lotus has been maintaining.  Since she would know just as much about mastery as Teshin would, she would teach people rather then involve Teshin.

As they hinted that some weapon features might be mastery related rather then just mastery locking the weapons, they might need to adapt a few things and could spend the time trying to work in a bit more information about mastery while they are changing things.

I don't think Lotus and Teshin would be working together, but I do like the idea of Lotus sending you an email about MR test once you have enough points to rank up to 1.  Ordis can then explain a bit about the test and tell you why it's a good idea to rank up.  Maybe he can suggest that you can practice for the test at the relay so it gives you an excuse to go there and check out the place and meet the characters there (Teshin, Simaris, Darvo, syndicates, etc.).

14 hours ago, Wearnopanties said:

6 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

I don't think Lotus and Teshin would be working together.

I would be keen to find out why Teshin is even present on a relay, if Lotus has qualms working with him. Surely, like with the syndicates, she finds at least some common ground with Teshin.

My headcanon has always been that the Orokin-era Warframes/Tenno would have needed at least basic physical and weapons training (unless they magically acquired those skills). While Lotus may have been the handler, the Dax would have been the trainers. Perhaps they organised Conclave training matches. I would imagine Teshin presenting himself to Lotus as a survivor of the era, hiding the fact that he was still bound to a master, and offering to continue training the Tenno and the Conclave tradition.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Hyperion_Ape said:

Out of all the characters in the warframe universe sided with the Tenno, wouldn't you agree that Teshin would be the most qualified for this role as a person to introduce us to the mastery ranks, as he wants us to better ourselves since we have lost our way since being awoken from the cryopod.

oh I like Teshin, I just don't see, Lotus and Teshin together..