Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] The disciple of Simaris

(PSN)lacota137

This was an idea I had while I was hunting synthesis targets for cephalon simaris.

What I was thinking was having a frame that utilized the technology of the sanctuary's simulacrum as well as the tools given to you by simaris (synthesis scanner and kinetic siphon traps)

Name

?

(open to suggestions)

male

Stats                    

Health 100 (300 at lvl 30)

Armor 100

Shields 100 (300 at lvl 30)

Power 100 (150 at lvl 30)

(Honestly I don't really know what would be good stat wise so I'm open to suggestions on what the stats should be, just went with balanced stats) 

Passives

- can track synthesis targets without needing to equip a scanner.

- double the hacking time on consoles.

Ability's

1st ability - Deploys a modified siphon trap that suspends nearby enemies in the air for a time, stripping away their armor and shields. 

- ability can be used on synthesis targets.

- ability is duration based.

- unit from 3rd ability will prioritize trapped enemies.

- effected by range and duration. (though number of enemies could also be effected by power strength)

2nd ability - Equips a modified synthesis scanner that can quickly scan all enemies that are in view, revealing weak points for a time (will scan all nodes on a synthesis target simultaneously)

the scanner also has two additional features. 

1 - enemies scanned will set the faction and appearance and weapons used by the 3rd and 4th abilities. 

2 - the level of the units used by the third and fourth abilities will mirror the level of the enemies scanned. so in a survival mission you scan level 100 enemies, the level of the units for your 3rd and 4th abilities will also be level 100. and later on when higher level enemies start showing up, scanning them will update the level of your units.

- effected by range and duration.

3rd ability - Cycles through (like Ivara's quiver) and deploys one of three enemy units to aid you in combat for a time. (faction is determined by 2nd ability)  

1st unit type - damage dealer (DD) - increases weapon damage and power strength of all nearby allies. (percentage based)

2nd unit type - defensive healer (DH) - provides damage reduction, removes status effects, and regenerates a percentage of the max health of all nearby allies. (damage reduction is percentage based) 

3rd unit type - supportive buffer (SB) - adds and continuously recharges overshields and regenerates energy for all allies within range.

- units will take the appearance, stats, and weapons of the strongest enemies scanned.

- effected by range, duration, and strength.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

(this ability will probably be duration based, but could also be drain based)    

4th ability - Functions the same as the 3rd ability but instead of projecting a unit to fight by your side, you project a unit over yourself, essentially turning yourself into the selected unit.

This opens up some good combinations with the 3rd ability (DD+DH, DH+SB, SB+DD) Another nice mechanic is that if this ability is used while enemies are not alerted, you can walk around freely because the enemies see you as an ally, they'll only attack you if you attack them. Cameras and lasers also pay you no mind, allowing you to walk right into a spy vault and not set off any alarms. Be warned though, If you bullet jump, wall run, aim glide, slide or sprint while in view of cameras or enemies, they will attack you.

(I can't decide whether to make this ability duration based or drain based as there are pros and cons to each.... probably duration so you can use zenurik)

I feel that this character would be pretty well rounded, you have health regen, crowd control, stealth, damage, team support and scaling.

I don't have any idea for specific numbers for the ability's stats yet but I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by (PS4)lacota137

Well I admit, I came here expecting something much less appealing than I read through. At least you did a decent job of making the abilities not-super-gimmicky like most frame concepts similar to this one.

Here's my opinion. I actually REALLY like the idea of a "simaris" frame- it could be his 'syndicate' quest frame. Yes, technically he has chroma but... *shrug*. My issue is with some of the powers you have laid out.

His 1 is ok, fits into the simaris gimmick. A bit similar to vauban but frankly he needs a lot of skills replaced since they're practically all the same.

His 2 just seems like a very clunky version of banshee's sonar. This brings up several issues including: it's basically just stealing a skill from another frame, Sonar is heinously OP and copying something OP is never good, and finally it would once again be clunky which isn't appealing mid combat in a fast paced game. As an alternative- how about having him toss up a "drone" that scans everything in line of sight while it's deployed (one use skill, deploys for X seconds). Enemies scanned are added into the codex properly and could maybe be affected by the simaris scanner buffs- though that last part's a bit of a stretch into forcing parts of the game on people for buffs. ALL enemies in an XX meter range (scanned or not) are also all highlighted BEHIND WALLS for all allies akin to when you're using a scanner. The enemies COULD also have a weak spot added, though again this is similar to Banshee's (OP) sonar skill. Perhaps instead it could give a bonus to headshots on enemies that are scanned, or a bonus to their innate elemental weaknesses, or drop their armor. Something more akin to a debuff to enemies instead of a buff to the player not only works better for the squad as a whole but also just feels more appropriate. I see no reason it couldn't also scan simaris targets, as well. Though IMO it shouldn't. Too gimmicky and the targets are supposed to be tricky. With the 1 to suspend them, it's enough.

His 3 is once again treading into "skill stealing" territory. Specifically the way it works (including your suggested 2 interaction) feels eerily similar to Nekros' SOTD ability. That being said, the skill as a whole and the way you tried to make it scale is unique. Could use a few tweaks but having little drones could be his skill. As long as they're balanced VERY carefully, I say fine with this one to solidify their role as a support frame.

His suggested 4 feels like a bit of a "I'm running out of ideas/getting tired here" copout quite honestly. If you go and think up something actually unique for his 4, I'd like to see it. I can't agree with the current one in the least though.

Overall, I like the idea despite the fact that it's gimmicky. Worst case should it be added to the game I'd imagine DE stripping the concept of a "Simaris" frame and instead just making it a recon/research/field-support frame. If they were to actually make it a "Simaris" quest frame, it'd be nice if they at least required you to use the traps/scanners to build his chassis/neuroptics/etc. This would be both to ensure people are familiar with Simaris at this point as well as give us a tiny sink for resources/credits/rep. There's also always an opportunity to make this the "corpus" style frame. I don't mean that literally as much as it could be similar to corpus in the way it uses proxies and technology to heavy degrees.

I'll be following this thread to watch for updates and attention it gets, especially if you come up with an actual 4. Also if on the off chance I actually decide to do it decently, I have some ideas for how it could look. If I do I'll pm them to you in case you'd like to use them. :P

EDIT: There is ofc the issue of "simaris could not design a warframe" getting in the way of this. So by lore standards there's no reason whatsoever a frame integrated with simaris tech should be possible or added into the game, which is why I'm partially in favor of just making it a frame Simaris favors and (or because it, rather) has abilities that "make simaris' tech seem obsolete".

Edited by Stratego89

I really like this idea, people have always wanted to control enemies, and this sounds like a very interesting and useful take on that idea. I also really like the ability choices, they seem like they would synergize well. The only slight problem I see (ignoring the potential difficulty of implementation) is that if the siphon trap strips shields and armor, then potentially it could make synthesis targets dangerously fragile, this of course could be fixed by excluding them from it's effects. DE seems to be on a trend of syndicate acquired Warframes, and I would definitely support this frame getting added to the game.