The Second Stream Podcast: Sorties & Ayatan, Corpus Spear, Secura Lecta, Syn Assassination

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream  

445 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of getting a new Ayatan sculpture instead of 2k Endo as a Sortie reward?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. What's your first impression of the new Corpus Spear Gun?

• Looks fun!
    • Not sure yet.
    • Not impressed.
  3. 3. Do you use the Secura Lecta to farm credits?

• Yes, sometimes/often
    • No, rarely/never
  4. 4. What's your first impression of the clan-based enemy cells & "Kingpins"?

• Seems fun!
    • Not sure yet - need more information.
    • Not interested.
  5. 5. How much time do you think you'll spend using the Bard 'Frame's music synthesizer?

• A lot of time.
    • Some time.
    • A little time.
    • No time.

This poll is closed to new votes

Can't wait to listen to the podcast in a few hours.

Q1: I actually would love to see the Ayatan sculpture on the sortie reward pool, it looks really beautiful :p

Q2: The new corpus spear gun looks really sick! I'm actually really excited to see it in game. I just wish the mechanics of the spear guns were a bit better but that's ok, it's a pretty new mechanic that will hopefully get worked on.

Q3: I don't have the secura lecta and never will. It's a pretty decent whip sure, but the credits on it aren't even rewardable, from what I've seen though. I think it should get a better passive. 

Q4: I honestly don't know, not really that much information on it. I'd definitely like to see it in game. It does sound really cool of a game mode. 

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
Answered Questions

1. An ayatan sculpture is barely more useful than endo, even if the final endo amount is greater, that won't fix ANY problem with how bad the sortie rewards are.
  2. No opinion, or rather I don't care. It'll just be another mastery fodder.
  3. No because I'm sitting on 20M with nothing to do with these credits. Oh wait, I have nothing to do in warframe actually since there is no endgame or repetable content.
  4. I don't like it. Simply because I would rather like devs to complete other useless features and fix these sortie reward rather than working on yet another feature that'll be abandonned before it's even finished. (or you know, they could work on the general unexisting balance of the game but they've proved several time that they don't care about balance)

It's geting worse and worse...

Edited by Trichouette

1. Token system bra..😆

2. Meh wait and see deal.

3.  Yes of course though shame it's getting the axe.

4. More information needed just please remember that it's hard to have all members available. Some take breaks and some play others games and have families. Usually we only have 1 - 2 members online out of our ghost clan.

5. Probably very little to none depends on how it turns out. I'm not a fan of the frame so far but I'll hold judgment till i can try it.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:
  1. An ayatan sculpture is barely more useful than endo, even if the final endo amount is greater, that won't fix ANY problem with how bad the sortie rewards are.
  2. No opinion, or rather I don't care. It'll just be another mastery fodder.
  3. No because I'm sitting on 20M with nothing to do with these credits.
  4. I don't like it. Simply because I would rather like devs to complete other useless features and fix these sortie reward rather than working on yet another feature that'll be abandonned before it's even finished.

It's geting worse and worse...

While I agree with you on the ayatan sculpture, it is at least better imo because I can place them around in my liset. Hopefully they give two sculptures instead of one so that it can be equal to 4k endo and remove both of the endo rewards.

This 'Shadow of Mordor' mechanic that's been talked about SOUNDS fun, but it definitely has me somewhat concerned. I like the idea, but it worked in Shadow of Mordor because it wasn't a gear-based game with infinite scaling. And knowing DE's enemy design, I'm really skeptical. Remember manics? Healing, high damage, CC, ability nullification? What will these new units have? Will they just be bullet sponges that nullify abilities and instakill, and follow the trend of so many aspects of enemy design?

I'd love to think enemy design has improved, but then I remember all the old units that are still bad (i.e. Commanders), as well as the difficulty of adding new units into a game with arguably broken foundations of scaling; if you don't have ability nullification, how do you stop cheese? If an enemy doesn't deal high damage, how do you cope with mods? How do you make a game about numbers skill-based?

Honestly, I'm critical of DE a lot, but I don't envy their position, or the difficulty in creating this content. That being said, I'm not getting my hopes up. At least then I can be pleasantly surprised when the team pulls out something fantastic.

As for the ayatan sculpture... I love the idea, but I feel like it'll be a short term fix. Players get a few statues, use them for decoration, but then when they don't want more of those statues, every other statue they get will just be endo. It will feel the same as getting a 2k endo reward, except now you have to go to the relay and listen to Maroo's unskippable dialogue every time you want to cash it in.

If it were me (it isn't, but if it was), I would remove the 2k endo reward, add the ayatan in place of the 4k reward, and add the ability to skip maroo's dialogue, and/or have somewhere else you can cash them in, like a terminal next to her in the relay. 

But in general, aside from a short term spurt of excitement and interest, ayatans in place of 2k endo won't change much, and it'll just feel even worse when you have to go to a relay, walk to an NPC, listen to the same unskippable dialogue, and finally select the dialogue option just to get your reward from the sortie. The idea is welcome, but I can't help but despair slightly at the existing problems it continues, and the new ones it faces.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I love the idea of ayatan sculpture as a sortie reward imho, it's a great solution to the 2k endo "rage". I certainly hope you can socket enough stars to get close to 4k. I want a 4k endo sculputre that can get to 6k.

The corpus spear seems very nice, I actually feel like I might use it, which is good since the javlok did not get much of a reaction from me.

Honestly, the team that will work on the "kingpin" might just be more useful working on already implemented systems like focus schools, few sad and lonely boss (ambulas, phorid). Look at a weapon overhaul, small stat tweaks, maybe add lesion, dual toxocyst or other infested toy with special effect we have to already existing weapons. Also look at continuous weapons.

There's so much that need a bit of work in the game that I can't list it all, but some refinement is more important to me than completely new systems.

On getting Ayatans from sorties. Endo will never be useful for me as a veteran. I can just get normal mods and turn those into Endo if needed anyway.

I personally want Endo to be removed from sorties in all forms but then again other people have use for it.

Edited by Misgenesis

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

On getting Ayatans from sorties. Endo will never be useful for me as a veteran when i can get normal mods and turn those into Endo if needed.

I personally want Endo to be removed from sorties in all forms but then again other people have use for it.

Thats why they change it to an Ayatan, it's something Unique to sorties.

Quick one to vote this time :D

In order:

1. Ayatan in Sorties: Pretty welcome for this.

2. Corpus Spear Gun: Excited for it, looks like tons of fun! Wish the Javlok would see some issues fixed first though!

3. Secura Lecta: I don't even have Secura Lecta. Even though I voted "No Opinion on this topic" I believe it'd be interesting to have a "Don't have this weapon" option?

4. Syn Assassination: Needs more info. Clan centered events are exactly what we need though, so...

5. Bardframe synth: YASH.

4 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Its a pretty, albeit useless trinket in your ship or Endo. Both of which have no value for me.

There is always value for Endo, always. It's just that you have no idea what to do with it, or you don't want to do anything with it.

Supposedly I maxed every mod I wanted, I can still max more mods and sell them for hundreds of platinum each.

So you are saying that platinum is also not a worthy reward? In that case NOTHING will be a worthy reward from your point of view.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because it can't be a fun weapon to use? This idea of "mastery fodder" is silly to me.

Silly indeed. They think that their "oh-so-OP" meta is at the very top and untouchable, but those kinds of ppl can never match the performance that comes from some underused weapons + their strong disposition Rivens.

I think one of the big upsides to having Ayatan statues instead of endo is that you can trade them away to players who need endo (and are flush with platinum?). That being said, a way to skip Maroo's dialogue or a quick-deposit feature like the ducat kiosks would be nice (imagine if you had to talk to Baro in person to trade in your prime parts).

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

There is always value for Endo, always. It's just that you have no idea what to do with it, or you don't want to do anything with it.

Supposedly I maxed every mod I wanted, I can still max more mods and sell them for hundreds of platinum each.

So you are saying that platinum is also not a worthy reward? In that case NOTHING will be a worthy reward from your point of view.

I have so much of it in raw Endo and mods that i wont be needing it for quite some time. If they had released primed mods with every Baro visit, that might have changed. Its a simple point of view.

I dont engage in trade and i guarantee you i would still be getting more endo in trash mods than i would lose it in maxing and selling. Dont put words into my mouth.

1. Once I get the Ayatan Sculpture, the 55 thousand more that I accumulate over time are gonna be useless. I don't need endo and I don't care about ship cosmetics.

2. Looks like fodder tbh, need some idea of the stats. Looks really fun to screw around with though.

3. I just run dark sectors.. never even bothered with the Secta. Gonna fodder it whenever I buy it.

4. Seems awesome. I just hope it doesn't ever get monotonous.

5. Can't wait to bring an Inaros and play sandstorm.

Edited by Ordel

Just now, Misgenesis said:

I dont engage in trade and i guarantee you i would still be getting more endo in trash mods than i would lose it in maxing and selling. Dont put words into my mouth.

Yes, you do not know or are unable to use it. But your situation is very rare. Most people know or are willing to put their resources to good use. With enough platinum, there is no limit to what I can buy. So Endo is never useless, I never get to keep more than 50k at a time, since it's a waste of platinum.

1. Yes. I'm MR22 and I really still need lot of endo. I can't maximize my prime mods, because I'm still poor (of endo).

2. Not impressed. If this weapon gonna be as SH!%^ as javlock, I'll lvlup to 30 and delete it.

3. Yes, often. My main creds farming weapon. With 4 of them on squad we can manage to collect pretty nice amount of cash.

4. Seems fun! Whatever, just gimme something to do in this game, I'm bored as hell.

5. Bard 'frame? A little time = lvlup to 30 and forget it's existing. Sorry [DE] but IMHO she (why most frame's are "female"?!) looks ugly, her's moves/animations are embarrassing (I apologize, I saw one of you on motion capture tried really hard but this not appeal to me), maybe she'll get some great skills and own the map, but I don't know, we shall see.

14 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

1. Yes. I'm MR22 and I really still need lot of endo. I can't maximize my prime mods, because I'm still poor (of endo).

2. Not impressed. If this weapon gonna be as SH!%^ as javlock, I'll lvlup to 30 and delete it.

3. Yes, often. My main creds farming weapon. With 4 of them on squad we can manage to collect pretty nice amount of cash.

4. Seems fun! Whatever, just gimme something to do in this game, I'm bored as hell.

5. Bard 'frame? A little time = lvlup to 30 and forget it's existing. Sorry [DE] but IMHO she (why most frame's are "female"?!) looks ugly, her's moves/animations are embarrassing (I apologize, I saw one of you on motion capture tried really hard but this not appeal to me), maybe she'll get some great skills and own the map, but I don't know, we shall see.

Excuse me but I have to comment on this. They actually always cycle on Male/Female. Since Wukong and Nezha kind of screwed that up, they wanted to reverse the order Nidus and Bardframe released.

But there are equal number of frames, with a single digit difference. Except on Primes due MM/FF pattern.

Who cares though, in the end the result is the same :P

Edited by NightmareT12

with the nullifier addition, if the bubble scales with the environment as demonstrated in the devstream, does the smaller bubble still have the same amount of required hits to get rid of the bubble or will it have reduced hits required to reflect the size of the bubble?

I have a few concerns about the bard frame.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding all this stuff about sound affecting damage, but I wonder how much of an effect the music we create in the step sequencer will have. If it's literally just "more music=more damage" then a lot of players will just fill up there step sequencer with as many notes as possible. Even if you guys limit the amount of notes we can place, it shouldn't take too long before players figure out the "best" music in order to maximize damage output, as opposed to just making music that sounds good. Again though, maybe I'm just not properly understanding this mechanic. Will have to see/try the actual abilities in order to get a better idea.

Another concern I have is how many songs we can have saved at once. You guys mentioned being able to share our music with other players with some sort of "fingerprint", but it'd be nice to be able to immediately switch between at least a few songs without needing a word document or something up at all times. Just being able to switch between song A, B, and C should be enough.

Finally,  for the less talented/interested musicians out there, the bard frame should come with a default song. Doesn't have to be incredible, just something basic that can get the job done.