The Second Stream Podcast: Sorties & Ayatan, Corpus Spear, Secura Lecta, Syn Assassination

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream  

445 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of getting a new Ayatan sculpture instead of 2k Endo as a Sortie reward?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other (post an explanation below)
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. What's your first impression of the new Corpus Spear Gun?

• Looks fun!
    • Not sure yet.
    • Not impressed.
  3. 3. Do you use the Secura Lecta to farm credits?

• Yes, sometimes/often
    • No, rarely/never
  4. 4. What's your first impression of the clan-based enemy cells & "Kingpins"?

• Seems fun!
    • Not sure yet - need more information.
    • Not interested.
  5. 5. How much time do you think you'll spend using the Bard 'Frame's music synthesizer?

• A lot of time.
    • Some time.
    • A little time.
    • No time.

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, UvBenServed said:

I have a few concerns about the bard frame.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding all this stuff about sound affecting damage, but I wonder how much of an effect the music we create in the step sequencer will have. If it's literally just "more music=more damage" then a lot of players will just fill up there step sequencer with as many notes as possible. Even if you guys limit the amount of notes we can place, it shouldn't take too long before players figure out the "best" music in order to maximize damage output, as opposed to just making music that sounds good. Again though, maybe I'm just not properly understanding this mechanic. Will have to see/try the actual abilities in order to get a better idea.

Another concern I have is how many songs we can have saved at once. You guys mentioned being able to share our music with other players with some sort of "fingerprint", but it'd be nice to be able to immediately switch between at least a few songs without needing a word document or something up at all times. Just being able to switch between song A, B, and C should be enough.

Finally,  for the less talented/interested musicians out there, the bard frame should come with a default song. Doesn't have to be incredible, just something basic that can get the job done.

Don't take my word on this, but if I understood correctly:

The music won't affect the AMOUNT of damage, but the way in which it's allocated.

So for example, if you put a single note in a step sequencer and your ability does, for example, 1k damage, the singular note will do 1k damage.

However, if you put 5 notes, each one will do 200 damage, still equalling to 1k.

Now, I could be wrong, and if I am right then I don't see a point in making an actual song if I could just make a single note do the full damage.

Pls feel free to correct me @anyone

I'm mostly pleased with some of the upcoming changes/additions.

One thing I really want to know though: Is the new Ayatan Sculpture from sortie reward going to be tradable?
I really hope it is, because one the main issues I have with getting 2k Endo from sortie is that not only is it very little value but it is also untradable. You have to use it on a mod and then trade that mod to really get any kind of trade value from it (after collecting loads of Endo from only sorties; you don't farm for it elsewhere).
I'm more of a buyer of sculptures myself, so it'll appeal to me quite a lot if it is tradable.

37 minutes ago, Ordel said:

Don't take my word on this, but if I understood correctly:

The music won't affect the AMOUNT of damage, but the way in which it's allocated.

So for example, if you put a single note in a step sequencer and your ability does, for example, 1k damage, the singular note will do 1k damage.

However, if you put 5 notes, each one will do 200 damage, still equalling to 1k.

Now, I could be wrong, and if I am right then I don't see a point in making an actual song if I could just make a single note do the full damage.

Pls feel free to correct me @anyone

if i recall, they did note that the tone/strength of the beat would affect the amount of damage it did, not that all notes would do the same amount of damage (although the max damage from the skill wouldnt change)

2 hours ago, Cranial_Enigma said:

While I agree with you on the ayatan sculpture, it is at least better imo because I can place them around in my liset. Hopefully they give two sculptures instead of one so that it can be equal to 4k endo and remove both of the endo rewards.

That's why I said "barely more useful"

And I'm pretty sure they'll remove both and give us a sculpture that can go from 2k to 4k when fully socketed

Edited by Trichouette

1) New ayatan Sculpture:
I'd be glad if it took away both endo rewards (2k and 4k) and starts somewhat close to 2.5K endo and could be made to around 6K (or more) with some stars (even if we have to use lots of them to max it). However, I'm in the opinion that some other rewards should be moved somewhere else; take Lenses for example: Players choose a focus school based on a misleading description, get a single small lens for it with no explanation of how to use it nor what it does, and are tied to get focus for that one school with whatever weapon/warframe they equipped their lenses until unlocking sorties by completing the war within or decide to smack their wallets and spend some plat in the market or trade channel. Move lenses to Lua missions, make alerts and invasions rewarding reactor, catalyst and exilus adapter a little bit more often and there will be some room for more rewarding stuff in there or at least to increse the chances of getting something good (I've personally never seen a legendry core, and with the amount of endo rewards + my credits, I haven't needed them either).

2) Corpus spear gun:
It feels like the opticor and javlok had a son, and since I liked the mechanics for spear guns I can't wait for it (and would love getting a spear gun per faction, including a primed one in the future)

3) Secura lecta farming:
No, I don't even haveit, but I think that getting 3.5 Millions of credits in a single run is totally unbalanced.I'm farming for perrin sequence standing (I don't want to buy on trading) and I hope it gets hit with the bat before I get it by myself. I have enough credits and I don't want to see another Hema situation but with credits thanks to those who exploited the **** out of this whip.

4) Clan based enemy cells:
Looking forward for it, but still need some more information.

5) Bard Frame's synth:
I'm not a music person,but  I'm sure I'll spend some time trying to create something decent. I'm more curious about Bard Frame's skill set and how will it be balanced for conclave.

2 hours ago, Sannidor said:

Almost an hour of blindly praising DE's questionable decisions.

So much cringe, zero interesting informations.

This. It's like no one who dissents will ever get invited to the podcast.

The reason why Secura Lecta farming is at the crazy levels it is now is because we need those credits regardless of mastery rank. Yeah, BP money is negligible at the rank you can use Syndicate Melee. However, you instead end up spending it on new Primed mods and Rivens for your favourite weapons.

Edited by HyokaChan

1) Whilst I don't run sorties often, the Endo doesn't feel so tangible but a shiny thingy to put somewhere, sure why not?

4) Personally, part of my feelings about it almost strikes me as routing out Exalt in Xcom: Enemy Within, or some general elusive affairs but that's limited to what I heard. We really need to know what it's going to entail and if it's just another round of 'do this with your hands tied' it won't prove interesting far as I'm concerned. Whatever it is, it needs to be fun and not a matter of course.

5) Probably a fair amount, seeing as making up tunes randomly is entertaining. Will just have to see what it can and can't do, really.

1. No, unless you increase the amount of Endo you get from them, like 3k or 6k.

2. Depends on the stats, if it has good stats worth while and maybe good riven stats to it, then yes it seems like a pretty cool weapon, but if not then nope, another piece of fodder.

3. Nope, mostly use the weapon for killing things, as I love the status chance of the weapon + Gas with crits, but I don't need credits from it, as I'm over 60 million right now.

4. Don't know, need more detail/info.

5. Very little time, hoping for presets you can select for rapid, or big bass sounds as the Bard frame ability's seems to sync with the sounds you choose.

Over all, not impressed, doesn't really fix much of anything the player base have been asking.
But like always, more and more content, with very very little of polishing of old/already released content.

selected other for the ayatan thing my reason because other is I feel like a replacement of 2k endo is not the answer it should be a removal, period, anyone who would collect these would get tired eventually of having countless of them and those annoyed by having endo will continue to be annoyed at the surprlus, and those who want endo would still prefer 4k endo

1. Not really.  It's shiny, but it's still endo. With the game giving out 450 endo in endless missions, all it does in sorties is deny players what they're really after. But that's a necessary evil.

2. Looks like the spearguns have lackluster primary firing modes. The Javlok is slow to fire and the lack of splash damage makes it miss a lot, this looked no different. Personally, I was hoping to see a new entry in the beam weapon category with this.

3. Ever since it came around, I saw it as nothing more than mastery fodder. Doubling 10-100 credit drops? Rather run dark sectors.

4. Excited for sure. Always want to add more to the dojo, but something actually gameplay related? Hell yeah.

5. Will mess with it until something funny happens.

Sortie Ayatan yes.

I'm neutral to the Corpus spear gun for now because I haven't tried it. Though I am excited to try it.

I use the secura lecta because I recently became aware of the awesomeness that is Primed Reach on whips and a corrosive/blast status build on it. I was aware of the credit quirk, but that did not factor into my newfound love of the weapon.

I need more information about the kingpin system before I make judgement. If this is going to be handled through clans but tied to syndicates, does that mean that clans will need to align with certain syndicates? And what will that mean for clan members working for opposed syndicates? I need to know the logistics of this before I can, well, "approve" of it, however irrelevant my approval is.

How long I use the Bardframe's synthesizer depends on how fun her powers are and how easy it is to use. Also if I can make some phat beats with it.

2) IMO on the speargun id much rather see an actual spear with its own melee stance but just my opinion, So i cant say it had any "good" 1st impression. 

4) This has the potential to be so awesome, just don't forget to put in some cool stuff as rewards. Kuva Fortress *winkwink*

6 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Because it can't be a fun weapon to use? This idea of "mastery fodder" is silly to me.

Funny I didn't remember geting a notification of you quoting me...

I call it mastery fodder because I saw what happened to the previous speargun.

It was one of the few things I was looking forward to obtain and the wonky mechanic and stupid self damage (and the insane wait before they released it) just disappointed me a lot. So no I don't care about the next one and it'll just be mastery fodder, like the ohma. (I mean, to me, I'm not saying the weapon will be bad or anything)

6 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Silly indeed. They think that their "oh-so-OP" meta is at the very top and untouchable, but those kinds of ppl can never match the performance that comes from some underused weapons + their strong disposition Rivens.

Well I don't play "top tier weapons" unless for the tigris which was my favorite weapon way before they made it top tier.

And my current loadout is usually

- burston prime / mk1-braton

- aklato / akmagnus

- hirudo / skana prisma

And I don't use this stupid feature called riven.

Why do you even judge when you don't know anything ?

I -on purpose- play with under-used and weak weapon just because the game is freaking easy and boring.

As I said I just find no interest in another weapon from a category we already experienced and that wasn't buffed even after so many feedback.

5 hours ago, Sannidor said:

Almost an hour of blindly praising DE's questionable decisions.

So much cringe, zero interesting informations.

Yeah, I'm like shocked at how much AGGP has been steadfastly on DE's side on every decision, including Hema research cost, enemy armour scaling ("just bring CP!"), etc. It's pretty jarring.

Haven't listened to this episode yet.