Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Caldaru (with art)

(PSN)MastrCruu

Prerequisites

The War Within

Lore concept

Lotus - "Corpus forces have been on the move.  It appears that they have found a new source of energy that they plan to use to increase the power of their shielding capabilities. You need to intercept them and uncover this source of energy and put a stop to it before they can . Be wary, Tenno. The energy reading is a little... unusual."

Acquirement Concept

Getting each piece (minus the blueprint) drops from Bursa (misspelled? ). Each unit has a 5% chance to drop a part. When the drop occurs, There is 33.3% chance that it will be a chassis, Neuroptics or systems. 

Foundry

Chassis - 12 hours

Oxium - 300

Ferrite - 5000

Alloy Plates - 4500

Argon Crystal - 1

Credits - 10,000

Neuroptics - 12 hours

Neurodes - 3

Alloy Plates - 3000

Rubedo - 5000

Argon Crystal - 1

Credits - 7,000

Systems - 12 hours

Control Module - 5

Alloy Plates - 5000

Polymer Bundles - 3000

Argon Crystal - 2

Credits - 5,000

Caldaru - 72 hours

Chassis - 1

Neuroptics - 1

Systems - 1

Orikin Cell - 2

Credits - 25,000

The total amount of resources required to build Caldaru are...

Argon Crystals - 4

Alloy Plates - 12,500

Ferrite - 5,000

Rebudo - 5,000

Polymer Bundles - 3,000

Oxium - 300

Neurodes - 5

Control Modules - 3

CALDARU

He stands tall and powerful, with broad shoulders and bulky armor plating with strands of power connecting each piece and a battery pack on his back.

Stats

Health   80  -  240

Shields  150  -  450

Energy  75  -  225

Armor   400

Speed    0.8

Overload - Passive - If Caldaru's shields are broken, he uses extreme defensive measures to protect himself but delays initial shield recharge for a short time.

Max shields × 2 = Corrosive damage

Max Health ÷ 10 = Spherical range

Knockdown - 75% chance

Cool down - 45 seconds

Delay for shields to restart - 5 seconds

Powers

1 - Acidic Discharge - Enemies in front of Caldaru are hit with a wave of acid that comes from his battery. This wave causes Knockdown and targets to take more incoming damage.

Cost - 25

Range - 15m cone / 30°

25m cone / 60°

Knockdown - 25% / 100%

Corrosive proc - 50% / 100%

2 - Battery Charge - Caldaru uses his energy to charge his battery and send out a wave of power, boosting a portion of his, and his allies, health and shields instantly.

Cost - 50

Range - 15m / 30m

Affected by Power Range

Recharge - shields restored

200 / 500

Health restored

100 / 250

Affected by Power Strength

This will cause a barrier around allies that reduces damage received by 50% for 10 seconds.

3 - Sphere of Elemental Shielding - Caldaru sacrifices his energy to emit a protective barrier around himself, stopping a portion of incoming damage. Allies within range receive the protection as well.

Cost - 25

Range - Stationary AoE centered on Caldaru

Energy drain - 5 per second

Affected by Power Efficiency

Range - 15m / 30m Sphere

Affected by Power Range

Elemental resistance - 25%/90%

Damage Resistance - 10%/50%

Synergy - If an enemy enters, or is in the area when cast, the sphere while under corrosive proc, their movement speed is reduced by 30%

4 - Corroded Blast - Caldaru fires a blast of corrosive fluid from his hand dealing massive damage and draining his shields to compensate. 

Cost - 75

Range - 30m / 45m long

60° / 90° cone

Affected by Power Range

Shield Drain - 75% / 25% of max shields

Affected by Power Efficiency

Duration - 3 second blast

Affected by Power Duration

Corrosive damage is equal to (max shields × 2 / second) and has a 100% chance to proc corrosive. 

Losing shields this way will not cause his passive to activate.

Original concept art by azak

SVE6kYi.jpg?1

I will be trying to work with CrashingBull to get a 3D model of Caldaru based on this concept art.

Edited by (PS4)MastrCruu

Seems fine, though I would suggest Regenerating Charge have a medium health regen as for the name and considering the ultimate suggestion. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a damaging ability itself, while they can help of course, all too often, enemies scale quickly beyond most of them. I wouldn't mind seeing such an idea at least.

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

Seems fine, though I would suggest Regenerating Charge have a medium health regen as for the name and considering the ultimate suggestion. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a damaging ability itself, while they can help of course, all too often, enemies scale quickly beyond most of them. I wouldn't mind seeing such an idea at least.

Thanks for your input!

The reason I went with all shield regeneration instead of health for Caldaru is that there is no frame that does this currently. I wanted to come up with an original theme.

What I (we) need is the lore aspect and for DE to give us more, and better, support roles.

Love wise,  I feel like Caldaru could from a Corpus type background of some kind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

entI had not thought about that... 

suggestion, then...perhaps tweak your abilities or  to possibly gain a bonus from (active) shields - so your power are not completely dependent on shields, particularly when doing no shield nightmares.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Nightseid said:

suggestion, then...perhaps tweak your abilities or  to possibly gain a bonus from (active) shields - so your power are not completely dependent on shields, particularly when doing no shield nightmares.

I modified the energy costs of all abilities and changed the way 3 and 4 work. Let me know what you think.

I like it. It's a support/tank that has a unique style of game-play. I like the ability to stop elemental damage. It may make shields worth investing in. Maybe when shields are down, one of its abilities could grant extra damage resistance. I worry that his third ability is too close to Trinity's blessing ability, but otherwise, I do like the frame and think it could be useful as a potential Frost substitute.

48 minutes ago, Karav said:

I like it. It's a support/tank that has a unique style of game-play. I like the ability to stop elemental damage. It may make shields worth investing in. Maybe when shields are down, one of its abilities could grant extra damage resistance. I worry that his third ability is too close to Trinity's blessing ability, but otherwise, I do like the frame and think it could be useful as a potential Frost substitute.

I wanted him to be supportive. That's why I gave him the heal and shield boost and the elemental resistance. 

On 24. 1. 2017 at 10:10 AM, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

He stands tall and powerful, with broad shoulders and a firm grip, bulky armor plating

For a second i thought you were talking about Rhino. But turts out its just manly version of Mag.

Elemental Shielding and Sphere of Protection sounds like they could both be one power. I would either combine them or cycle between them.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, Karav said:

I do agree with Karav - about battery recharge - perhaps have it be a target ally ability - like your confinement ability.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

OK

I combined abilities 2 and 4 to create a new 4th.

Moved the 3 ability to the 2.

Modified the stats of the abilities and I'm drawing a blank for the new 3 ability.

Barricade - toggle- with one hand Caldaru forms a wall of energy in a semi circle in front of himself. This wall absorbs x amount of enemy damage - enemies that come in contact with Barricade are knocked back x feet or pushed back and aside.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

1 hour ago, Karav said:

Not to nitpick, but why corrosive damage? My first thought would have been magnetic because of how it interacts with shields.

I did that because of his "battery pack". Batteries are corrosive. His battery powers his shields.

Perhaps it should be magnetic. I'll think on it for a bit.

On 1/24/2017 at 4:10 AM, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

2 - Battery Charge - Caldaru uses his energy to send out a wave of power, boosting a portion of his, and his allies, health and shields instantly.

Cost - 50

Range - 25m / 50m

Recharge - shields restored

200 / 500

Health restored

100 / 250

Will cause overshields if shields are full.

Nightmare mode causes this ability to create invulnerability for 3 seconds instead of restoring shields

I wouldn't worry about having things specific to nightmare mode, as long as he fills his own niche he doesn't need to do everything. that being said, maybe make it a buff-shield instead like iron skin so it 1) can apply to Nidus and Inaros and 2) doesn't compete with your passive

4 hours ago, Virotoxic said:

I wouldn't worry about having things specific to nightmare mode, as long as he fills his own niche he doesn't need to do everything. that being said, maybe make it a buff-shield instead like iron skin so it 1) can apply to Nidus and Inaros and 2) doesn't compete with your passive

I reworked the idea of his 2.

Also increased HP and armor slightly.

On 3/16/2017 at 4:21 PM, (PS4)MastrCruu said:

I did that because of his "battery pack". Batteries are corrosive. His battery powers his shields.

Perhaps it should be magnetic. I'll think on it for a bit.

Makes sense. As you were, soldier!