Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player to Player AUCTION HOUSE

Warl0rdPrime

Please Dev team,

Have you sat in the trade chat or at Maroo's Bazaar...  IT IS A HORRIBLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE!

Please for the love of us, your loyal fans, create an auction system, with offline sales.  even if it is clan based... Think of what the current system would look like in real life... and then realize that it is crazy bad!  No decent society would exchange goods in the current yelling match, or a single room of arm raising sales people that are all praying to go play the game but are stuck in a futile attempt to exchange unneeded good for needed monies.

DocVev

2 minutes ago, DocVev said:

Think of what the current system would look like in real life... and then realize that it is crazy bad!  No decent society would exchange goods in the current yelling match, or a single room of arm raising sales people

Banking-16-flickr-BY-83532250@N06-765102

Just sayin'.

Also: Auction house? No, just no.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

Banking-16-flickr-BY-83532250@N06-765102

Just sayin'.

Also: Auction house? No, just no.

your picture is great... but doesnt fit.. this is a picture of Monetary Exchange PROFESSIONALS... replace that with soldiers... completely unusable!

A vote against Auction is fine, but we NEED OFFLINE SALES in some form.  Who in their right mind sends soldiers to stand in a room and yell prices of crap.  we are lucky you cant get in a bar fight at Maroos

DocVev

They mentioned this in the latest devstream. I don't remember their exact wording but their reasoning for not doing it was so that Warframe wouldn't become a trading site. They want to keep players in the game, not on some other website loading up on the best gear. 

Direct quote from the overview post: "No out-of-game/chat Trading systems are planned."

And the devstream (with the relevant information at the timestamp):

Just now, Imaru said:

They mentioned this in the latest devstream. I don't remember their exact wording but their reasoning for not doing it was so that Warframe wouldn't become a trading site. They want to keep players in the game, not on some other website loading up on the best gear. 

Direct quote from the overview post: "No out-of-game/chat Trading systems are planned."

And the devstream (with the relevant information at the timestamp):

no i dont mean out of game, i mean INGAME

like WoW auction house (its been 10 years, but it must still be there)

or ESO GUILD traders

etc.

Just now, DocVev said:

no i dont mean out of game, i mean INGAME

like WoW auction house (its been 10 years, but it must still be there)

or ESO GUILD traders

etc.

You said in your (most recent) post that you wanted an offline trade system of some description. That, by definition, is out of game. I understand what you're talking about, you want a system where you can easily browse what other people have and select the one(s) you want (kind of like the Runescape {really dating myself now} Grand Exchange) but the devs have outright said that there are no plans for it at this time. 

The only way auction houses work in MMOs without destroying the economy is if you have all your sources and sinks of currency and items/resources very finely balanced.

The Warframe economy is a long way from that ideal.

Games with strong vertical progression (like WoW) can get away with it to some degree, but games like Warframe with a mostly horizontal progression model suffer badly.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

2 minutes ago, Imaru said:

You said in your (most recent) post that you wanted an offline trade system of some description. That, by definition, is out of game. I understand what you're talking about, you want a system where you can easily browse what other people have and select the one(s) you want (kind of like the Runescape {really dating myself now} Grand Exchange) but the devs have outright said that there are no plans for it at this time. 

Offline means that the item can sell when i am not selling it.  for instance in the middle of the night, but ALSO when i am off killing stuff.  so if you all don't like the term auction house (a mechanic sounding interface) how about Conscripted Salesman at the Maroo's.. as in I give an item to a NPC, set a price... if someone else buys it from him, he will take a cut.  The meaning of auction house is flexible to the story

DocVev

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

Essentially what they said was that they don't consider trading core gameplay, or want to add systems that will make it, or encourage it to be, core gameplay.

then, In my opinion: remove the trading chat... its a cesspool of unreadable yelling.  obviously there is a real need to trade.  but the current systems SUCK AT TRADING, and certainly suck for a new player.. holy crap do you remember the first time you touched that channel, could you even process a single sentence... and do you remember the first time you tried to sell something, anxiety inducing.  I think it needs to be reviewed.

Edited by DocVev

1 minute ago, DocVev said:

Offline means that the item can sell when i am not selling it.  for instance in the middle of the night, but ALSO when i am off killing stuff.  so if you all don't like the term auction house (a mechanic sounding interface) how about Conscripted Salesman at the Maroo's.. as in I give an item to a NPC, set a price... if someone else buys it from him, he will take a cut.  The meaning of auction house is flexible to the story

DocVev

Perhaps, but regardless of the implementation, as others have said, systems like you're suggesting don't work in games like Warframe because of the way progression works (there was once an experiment done by a veteran player to find out how long it took a brand new account to get the best gear in game at the time. 2-3 days, only because you can only raise your mastery rank once per day). 

Even if such a system would work in a game like this (which is dubious at best) the Devs have weighed in, and their opinion really is orders of magnitudes more powerful than yours, at least until they get feedback, at which point they can choose to act on it or not as they see fit. 

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It's not the term that's the problem, but the automation.

I have no problem with systems to make manual trading more efficient, but it shouldn't be "list it and forget it".

<begin whine>  BUT I WANT TO PLAY, and i want to exchange things i dont want .. i have like 200 prime parts that i give away to newbie clan members or try to sell for plat [i have all the ducats i need personally, and if there is an ducats item, i can farm for them quickly]  </end whine>

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

...and that's exactly the problem.

If you and many others were to dump your 200+ prime parts each onto an auction house, the market would collapse.

Perhaps if there can be an "automated" / "offline" then it can be a steep house cut, like 35%,

but i just spent an hour attempting to sell a Very nice powered up Riven Mod... it is totally hit or miss if a buyer for that "thing", whatever it is you wish you could sell, is in the channel.. if i had only tried an hour before or tonight at midnight, maybe i would have had a chance.. or if that one guy right after me had not sent sucjh a big spam, and my buyer never read mine....but it is exhausting to use the current system... IN MY OPINION

Edited by DocVev

3 minutes ago, DocVev said:

Perhaps if there can be an "automated" / "offline" then it can be a steep house cut, like 35%,

but i just spent an hour attempting to sell a Very nice powered up Riven Mod... it is totally hit or miss if a buyer for that "thing", whatever it is you wish you could sell, is in the channel.. if i had only tried an hour before or tonight at midnight, maybe i would have had a chance.. but it is exhausting to use the current system... IN MY OPINION

I don't think you seem to understand ANYTHING about economy man. Supply... and demand. This is 101 stuff. This game has INFINITE supply and EXTREMELY limited demand that only ever decreases for each item- save very very rare exceptions.

The system is exhausting because YOU are making the decision to try to sell stuff that people obviously DO NOT WANT but you refuse to accept that THAT is why they will not respond to you for some reason. Get stuff people want, get plat. It's that simple.

If you walk into a flea market with a bunch of literal trash, NO ONE is going to buy it from you.

EDIT: And in response to your earlier comment to someone about "well THIS game uses an auction house". Guess what? It's NOT the same game. The games are DRASTICALLY different from the ground up not only in gameplay but- shocker, ECONOMY as well. Just because something works in one game doesn't mean it'll work in another. That's overly simplistic thinking- the same kind that has lead to your situation of being unable to sell anything. I'm really not trying to be rude here, I'm just trying to help you to understand why this would not work. Actually, forget "not working" an auction house in any capacity would effectively KILL warframe's economy (and then eventually the game) in a week flat.

Edited by Stratego89

ok, last thought... devil's advocate...

in "our opinion", then why did DE make the "trade" channel... if not to facilitate trade.  it seems you are saying they made the channel knowing it is a horrible way to facilitate trade... For instance (at least for me) i have similar amount of successful trades via the trade channel and my alliance channel (admittedly i have many more succesful BUYS in the trade channel, also hours of not playing!).  So why did DE make the trade channel if they were not trying to facilitate trade?

I assume that they partly made the trade channel to remove spam from, and preempt exhaustive (or even exhausting) moderation of, other channels.

Aside from that, it's a question of extent, not either-or. They obviously intend trading to be in the game, which means it needs its own space, just not as a major gameplay element, hence the minimal facilitation. 

Yes please... trade in this game is a horrible experience.... so much so I avoid it like the plague.

an auction house / trade system is necessary i think,

It's in the games interest as it'd be more convenient to spend plat, so the game can sell more plat.  And those that want to earn plat can do it while doing missions... not sitting in the ultra fast scrolling wall of text, spamming away!

Keeping the trade per day system though of course.

3 hours ago, Imaru said:

https://warframe.market/ would say "Mission Failed" or will they sue the people hosting the site now 

Would welcome a more readable transient BBS type trade chat, so posts linger for few minutes at least and can be searched.

No need for auction house tho. That is a very very bad thing for top-heavy economies like Warframe has.

4 hours ago, DocVev said:

your picture is great... but doesnt fit.. this is a picture of Monetary Exchange PROFESSIONALS... replace that with soldiers... completely unusable!

A vote against Auction is fine, but we NEED OFFLINE SALES in some form.  Who in their right mind sends soldiers to stand in a room and yell prices of crap.  we are lucky you cant get in a bar fight at Maroos

DocVev

No I don't want a auction system, also didn't they say in a dev stream that it's not going to happen.