Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.8.0

[DE]Megan

i just think that its splinting clans instead of creating teamwork, wile i cant talk about mine (im the only one doing anything everyone else as been off line for 200+days and i dont have rank to kick out anyone) but with some of the people i play with or from other the groups im seeing a lot of childish fighting about it, with arguments that go from "i donated X amount and guy1 only donated Y" to "i did most of the research for A now its your turn to deal with it!"

On the other hand, im not even bothering with hema. period.

3 hours ago, ARHYST said:

Dont  get  me wrong,  but i  dont feel  bad  for  beginners at all. When i started playing this  game 2 years ago, nobody asked me was it hard, do i  have enough credits, do i need help, having prime stuff was just a dream, pretty much "git gud, scrub" system... There were no chances to farm credits easely like today. In these modern times of WF, beginners dont need to make any effort to get something. And you all know it... Farming  for prime parts is just a joke. Because all of us, who started playing this game before 2nd half of 2016, we needed to deal with seriously vicious RNG, prices on trading chat, lack of void keys, lack of understanding from higher ranked players, even bigger grindfest, etc.
So, its time for beginners to feel the same way. Because thats how things go in WF since forever. Because WF never ment to be an easy game. The lore itself is complicated, as much as gameplay. And i see nothing bad in it. WF requires (at least thats how it were before 2016) a lot of effort and dedication.
So this "H credit farm, ... LF Mr18+" actually makes me feel better, because finaly DE is making gap between beginners and veterans. And looks like DE is about to bring back well known steep learning curve.

If you are new player and this offends you, i am sorry, but you need to understand the facts about WF (then and now). I am not bashing beginners, i am just saying that WF needs to be harder (like it used to be), it needs back well known steep learning curve and this will make everyones game expirience equal. In 2015 there was no secura lecta with credit booster for me. So, if we speak about equality, you shouldnt have it too. And yes, this nerf was expected.

i don't want to blow up on you, but damn it's actually hard to resist - you share this attitude that everyone has and it drives me nuts, it makes me want to not play with anyone other than my friends on warframe.

i have over 700(probably a lot more, before this game came to steam i dumped hundreds of unrecorded time) hours in the game, i've been playing since beta, early beta. hell, i've even made some major contributions to the games design direction in the past.

I'm still mr 12.

i have a narrow set of weapons and frames i like playing and really don't like having to be forced to play others, so i've avoided doing so, and mr 18 takes a VERY long time to get to, sure i could theoretically rush it in a few months since i've got like 4000 mutagen samples and equivalently high other resources, i don't want to.

most players at mr18 have about 300-500 hours in the game, assuming i played the game like everyone else does, having to play 500 hours just to be allowed into a credit farm is ABSURD. I can get the "you have to have done LOR 20 times to get in" requirement everyone seems to have, but mr18 for A CREDIT FARM? LOL. please dude, TELL ME where the steep learning curve of akkad lecta farm is. tell me how a semi afk chroma and nekros, and a ev spamming and ult spamming speedva has ANY measure of real learning curve, and how making a mr 18 rank requirement on an activity a player can do extremely effectively SOLO within their first month of playing - supports your arugement. there is no weight to what you're saying, i cant even fathom how absurd that sounds to me, credit farming is, and always has been one of the most braindead, and simple activities, requiring the least attention and commitment of resources. 

You want to put a "experience of 500 hours+" requirement on content? Do it on bere, do it on actually challenging NM content, hell do it on conclave. those things actually can be #*($%%@ up and require a decent amount of attentiveness, skill, and game sense. but credit farming? that's a joke man.

thats not HARD. thats not CHALLENEGING. thats not REQUIRING SKILL OR KNOWLEDGE.

thats "only players who have spent TONS of time building most of the weapons and frames can play with me!" Nevermind you i have 8 maxed prime mods, never mind you that i have 10 loadouts with 7 forma on nearly every weapon i enjoy playing. 

i don't disagree with your view "warframe should have challenging content" but MR gates are NOT challenging content, they are time walls.

i even get locking the best weapons and high reputation gains and trades behind MR, but by the time you're mr 18 you dont  need credits anymore, im sitting on 30 mill, i dont -need- credits, im annoyed as this change means that even though im more experienced and i'd say more skilled than a lot of people, because i choose to sell every prime set that doesnt interest me for plat so i can get lots of cosmetics, boosters and help my friends enjoy the game (recently bought a 1k riven for a friend, but of course i could have not sold the 8 primed weapons i did that i knew i wouldn't enjoy and just used them as mastery fodder but again, not what i want out of this game)).

and i get locked out of content by the community because my MR is too low, i stayed mr 9 from 2013 to december of last year for this same reason, and sure i have enough resources to make 30 weapons a day in my foundry because i play so damn much, its not the point. people judge each other by MR and that needs to stop.

now granted my issues are honestly just as much with the MR system as it is with your misguided thought that somehow telling players they cant group with you because they haven't crafted a certain number of items that have NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on their play is"only allowing this content to skilled players". and that is absolutely ridiculious. players will use any metric they can to alienate others, i've seen it time and time again, and now on warframe, players use a metric that is damn near useless.

Oh i haven't maxed a bunch of weapons and frames that i wouldn't be using anyway for that group? obviously unskilled.

i have a miragulor with 7 forma on both synoid and mirage, i have -two- trinities that have such tight forma builds i needed to craft a second one to fit my designs, my toxocyst mesa build has 14 forma between the two and i can easily pull numbers of 800k dps+, dropping any level 100 sortie room in under a second, lol but people see a mr 9 player and just go "oh its a newb, don't let her play with us"

It's cancerous. and this direction buff for the lecta is a horrible change in that direction, i just hope that they never have anything higher than MR 20 requirement, because im probably going to get mr 20 and never level a damn thing again unless im actually going to use it.

but for real, im all for a change from 11x to 4x, it needed a nerf. even if that one was pretty harsh. 

Edited by RawrKitty

5 hours ago, ARHYST said:

Dont  get  me wrong,  but i  dont feel  bad  for  beginners at all. When i started playing this  game 2 years ago, nobody asked me was it hard, do i  have enough credits, do i need help, having prime stuff was just a dream, pretty much "git gud, scrub" system... There were no chances to farm credits easely like today. In these modern times of WF, beginners dont need to make any effort to get something. And you all know it... Farming  for prime parts is just a joke. Because all of us, who started playing this game before 2nd half of 2016, we needed to deal with seriously vicious RNG, prices on trading chat, lack of void keys, lack of understanding from higher ranked players, even bigger grindfest, etc.
So, its time for beginners to feel the same way. Because thats how things go in WF since forever. Because WF never ment to be an easy game. The lore itself is complicated, as much as gameplay. And i see nothing bad in it. WF requires (at least thats how it were before 2016) a lot of effort and dedication.
So this "H credit farm, ... LF Mr18+" actually makes me feel better, because finaly DE is making gap between beginners and veterans. And looks like DE is about to bring back well known steep learning curve.

If you are new player and this offends you, i am sorry, but you need to understand the facts about WF (then and now). I am not bashing beginners, i am just saying that WF needs to be harder (like it used to be), it needs back well known steep learning curve and this will make everyones game expirience equal. In 2015 there was no secura lecta with credit booster for me. So, if we speak about equality, you shouldnt have it too. And yes, this nerf was expected.

Yes! it absolutly need to be harder, but also more rewarding... I've been nolifeing warframe for over a month now, and the only way I could get decenet creds was akkad Sercura lecta cred farm, now it feels impossible. the plat I spent on lecta and the forma I put in it feels wasted... now its back to do 5 waves extrakt and reapeat and thats the thing that makes me wanna quit this game for good!

Edited by Uberipoo

5 hours ago, HazelMeade said:

So, with 42 person-hours spent, you get 15000 samples, or about 360 samples per hour played?

Are you even playing the same game?

I've played a lot of missions on Eris, and a fair amount on the Derelict, and I think I just recently got my 100th mutagen sample ever.

Oh, and I couldn't even get to Eris for the first month the weapon was out, because of the Lephantis/junction bug.

If you want to do the math, then yes, that's around the number we get per 30-40ish waves with a Pilfering Swarm Hydroid, Desecrate Nekros, Ore Gaze Atlas, and Speed Nova. I don't know why that seems like a hard concept for people to understand.

As for Eris, Eris was never a good spot to farm Mutagen Samples to begin with.

2 hours ago, excommunicated said:

I am so skilled that I can play LoR, NM LoR and JV with only two other players.

Maybe i missed something in these update notes...idk... but far as i know, to start any of those raids, you need at least 3 more players. 

7 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Now it literally is a booby prize. Other than Unairu Lenses.

They're probably people who just bum-rush raids for credits. Or run Heiracon for 2 excavs, or Akkad for one wave, with boosters etc. Honestly I haven't gone back above 3 million since my Nekros Prime Access boosters ended. Mind you I'm unlocking everything when I can, so its not as if I'm just derping around.

Lazy? Effortless? Your generalizations are pitiful. People who have real life responsibilities, the ones who work and earn a living, are the exact same people who purchase founders packs, plat, prime access, and vault access. In other words the people who dont have 8 hours everyday to dedicate to a video game are not "lazy", they're hard working people. Whereas individuals like you, or at least people you seem to think are "hard working" spend more time playing video games than to do anything else. You seem to advocate for others to waste several hours, if not the majority, of a day during their only free time to sit staring at a screen and mindlessly click buttons to continue a never-ending quest to grind. Hard workers know when they're being bent over a barrel by a bad deal, and they aren't the type to just sit back and take it. Without people putting actual money into this game, it would not exist.

So when people say something is wrong, your first reaction should not be "you're just whining" it should be looking at their arguments, and comprehending whether or not they make sense. In this particular case the Hema's research cost is not only high, but it scales even higher based on Clan size. So unless your entire clan is tiny, or is filled with a bunch of automatons, or no-lifers with infinite hours a day to play, it will take an exorbitant amount of time to finish the research. It doesn't help the fact that while the weapon may not be very good, any new bio-lab weaponry will be research-gated so it isn't even something which can be ignored. You need to realize the difference between grinding and mindless tedium. Grinding implemented correctly into a game can be fun and interesting, but the Hema grind is none of those things. Even compared to the Equinox grind (killing Tyl Regor 40+ times), the Hema grind is worse in every way, because not only are you being strung along for the ride, so is your entire clan.

I'm generalizing for the whining people who always is doing bad critics about DE work, i understand PERFECTLY that not everybody ahs time to play, but that doesn't mean to DE has to adapt to your needs, want a new weapon as Hema, then take all your time to have i, it will not be vaulted, about the credits, just play some missions per week and you'll have what you need, isnt a problem to be "creative" without crossing the rules.

My point is, why people is doing an entire mexican novel (not being racist, i'm colombian and my country has the same kind of dramatic novels) about "oh no DE nerfed my fav weapon, i'll start to spam the forum with my babycry claims with no point", i will see the world burn when the simulor synoid be nerfed, for be an exorbitant OP weapon (deal with the truth, speedrun parties are not fun if just one take all the kills).

AAAAAND i'm not a founder, i took my time and think on some strategies to earn what i want.

I know that the people who spends money in the game are vital for this, i accept that.

About the Hema, let me tell you, i don't have that weapon AND i am in a dead clan, actually i'm talking al the time of the world to start that research, then farm again for the resources.

Anyway, why we are complaining and criticize about the nerfs DE do, instead of say thanks for they give us an excellent game? i mean they are spending time, burning their eyes, voice and all their energy for giving us a high quality game? that is ungrateful in my opinion.

Last thing i say, is, if you want everybody for free, then beg on the chat for that, because everrything, in the game as in real life, you have to work for everything you want, and i'm aware that you know that, is this a game? yes, but apply the same logic.

4 hours ago, ZAXNIGHTMARE said:

i will see the world burn when the simulor synoid be nerfed, for be an exorbitant OP weapon (deal with the truth, speedrun parties are not fun if just one take all the kills).

Now that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.  Lately I just quit the mission when I see a Mirage + Synoid Simulor.

These secura lecta changes are absolute trash. I relied on that weapon completely and spent money getting maiming strike to make it the best it can be, and It saved me outrageous amounts of time getting the last slot $$$ for Heavy Caliber, Serration, Blind Rage, etc. I was already bored to S#&$ playing speed nova reading a book and pressing 4 every 13 seconds staring at a wall for around an hour to come out with a reasonable 2 million or so. If you're going to make everyone play even more for the same reason to get credits for mods, tone them the F*** down then, absolute retardation coming from these changes.

Edited by potchtv

I think that this update is quite good, but it could be better as well. First of, I think that the change with the colored polaritys while modding or replacing the 2000 endo reward with an ayatan sculpture that give a lot of endo and that players could only get from sorties from sorties are very good, because the colored polaritys are a nice feature that not only looks very nice, no it also helps you to keep the overview. The replacement of the endo for ayatan sculptures is in my opinion good, because you can now have a very special decoration, that doesn't take the reward from the sorite away, but that also looks nice in your ship. Nonetheless is one thing there that I strongly dislike. It's the change of the Secura Lecta. I do like it, that the credit bonus now scales with the mastery level, but the bonus at all is a bit small, because to be honest, the stats of the weapon are not the best, or at least there are weapons that are a lot better than the secura lecta. So the only reason players would play the weapon beside leveling it is because players like the weapon and the stances for the weapon, but most of the players play this weapon for earning money and the changed bonus is all in all just to low to play this weapon just for earning credits. A solution would be to set the credit multiplier for the weapon just a little bit higher ( i think 6 as a minimum that scales with mastery and is capped 9 would be the best, because then the weapon would be good again for earning money) but to keep the scaling with the mastery level.

22 hours ago, potchtv said:

These secura lecta changes are absolute trash. I relied on that weapon completely and spent money getting maiming strike to make it the best it can be, and It saved me outrageous amounts of time getting the last slot $$$ for Heavy Caliber, Serration, Blind Rage, etc. I was already bored to S#&$ playing speed nova reading a book and pressing 4 every 13 seconds staring at a wall for around an hour to come out with a reasonable 2 million or so. If you're going to make everyone play even more for the same reason to get credits for mods, tone them the F*** down then, absolute retardation coming from these changes.

That mentality of relying on a weapon or tilset in such a fashion WILL make you salty, a nerf to the credit boost was expected, the same with nidus. Instead of whinging how about ADAPTING to the changes, people cried that nidus wouldn't be used as much after his nerf but the changes didn't even affect gameplay that much if anything didn't change it at all. Sorry but I think the secura lecta deserved a nerf, because just like old Draco it was too reliant. Don't get salty at DE for fairly balancing a weapon that needed it,

2 hours ago, NecrosPrism said:

I think that this update is quite good, but it could be better as well. First of, I think that the change with the colored polaritys while modding or replacing the 2000 endo reward with an ayatan sculpture that give a lot of endo and that players could only get from sorties from sorties are very good, because the colored polaritys are a nice feature that not only looks very nice, no it also helps you to keep the overview. The replacement of the endo for ayatan sculptures is in my opinion good, because you can now have a very special decoration, that doesn't take the reward from the sorite away, but that also looks nice in your ship. Nonetheless is one thing there that I strongly dislike. It's the change of the Secura Lecta. I do like it, that the credit bonus now scales with the mastery level, but the bonus at all is a bit small, because to be honest, the stats of the weapon are not the best, or at least there are weapons that are a lot better than the secura lecta. So the only reason players would play the weapon beside leveling it is because players like the weapon and the stances for the weapon, but most of the players play this weapon for earning money and the changed bonus is all in all just to low to play this weapon just for earning credits. A solution would be to set the credit multiplier for the weapon just a little bit higher ( i think 6 as a minimum that scales with mastery and is capped 9 would be the best, because then the weapon would be good again for earning money) but to keep the scaling with the mastery level.

It gives mr more use, more aspects of gameplay tied to mr isn't a terrible thing. I think it deserved a nerf in part due to the heavy reliance on credit farming, it's unhealthy to rely on it as one used to rely on Draco for xp and focus farming, or Akkad for xp alone (it's also a good way to get neurodes and nanospores).

On 01/27/2017 at 8:39 PM, ARHYST said:

Maybe i missed something in these update notes...idk... but far as i know, to start any of those raids, you need at least 3 more players. 

Yep, and therefore my point is proven.

Edit:

About Secura Lecta: I really cannot remember how I ever got any credits before that weapon showed up. Really. And the thing is: I've never been using it.

Edited by excommunicated
Because reasons.

1 minute ago, excommunicated said:

Yep, and therefore my point is proven.

I am not sure that i understand you...but does it means that now i can do solo raids (somehow)?
Did they remove 24 hours timer on those raids?
Tell me please! Or give me link of the source! I dig it :D

On 26/01/2017 at 0:00 PM, -AstralDawn- said:

Bug melee damage when invis

It same enemy blind when i attack it With slash or toxin proc have more damage. OP!!!!

That is 100% intended the proc came from melee weapon and is supposed deal more damage while invis

It is not a bug, but actually a bug fix from a really old bug back in June 2014:

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.6.3

Changes

• Enemies no longer receive a mental perception of an attacker, but rather mental perception of the source object. This causes them to play a reaction and become alert, but not have any extra information about the player. Enemies that are shot with projectiles that are silent and/or without a sound effect will now report a visual perception (rather than doing nothing). Previously enemies knew the exact location of their attacker when taking damage, regardless of the source. 

And from the above post quote from DE Reb: 

Some degree of this is intended and it will be fully stated in the coming hotfix thread for maximum exposure. What (as you can see) appears to be happening here is basic enemy awareness on contact or sound of invisible units will trigger a response of some kind instead of full ignorance. The intent is to add a level of fine-control skills to the Invisibility mechanic. You've raised very valid points about how different ranged approaches make this fair/unfair, and I'm hoping to get clearly insight shortly to intent.

The stealth multiplier not applying on every hit was a bug along with enemies somehow knowing your exact location despite being hit by silent weapons when they changed stealth mechanics back in June 2014

Also stealth damage multipliers are now calculated differently when accounting for crit.

Instead of being multiplicative it is now additive with crit.

which is why the multiplier went up from 400% to 800%

Its a nerf to crit weapons (especially with the bloodrush meta) and buff to non-crit weapons.

Edited by Dragazer