Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge memory leak

Kyratian

22 minutes ago, cx-dave said:

I think I found a way to easily reproduce it. Currently I'm doing a lot of Axi Capture missions one after the other. The Evolution Engine specifically is currently using 4.7GB according to the Task Manager atm. In-game HUD shows only 675MB. Perhaps, it's just a matter of lots of mission data accumulating?

bioniclefusion and Kyratian were nice enough to let me come along with them to an Ur-Uranus defense run. These numbers you are seeing are similar to what they saw as well, however my PC was only getting as high as ~1.3gb in task manager (not 4-6gb). Suspect there is something else going wrong. 

Can everyone please verify / optimize your download cache in the Warframe launcher? Just so we can rule out old or missing data. 

0DqGyS6.png

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I am sitting on Liset doing nothing, frame rate is oscillating between 28fps and 49fps, time is bouncing between  20ms and 30ms, ram is cycling between 566mb when i first logged on, it peaked at 580mb, but windows 7 Resource monitor shows for warframe.x64.exe commit 1,929,72 kb working set 1,341,180 kb, this is a lot more than what warframe is reporting.

2 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

bioniclefusion and Kyratian were nice enough to let me come along with them to an Ur-Uranus defense run. These numbers you are seeing are similar to what they saw as well, however my PC was only getting as high as ~1.3gb in task manager (not 4-6gb). Suspect there is something else going wrong. 

Can everyone please verify / optimize your download cache in the Warframe launcher? Just so we can rule out old or missing data. 

0DqGyS6.png

I would like to say i could do this but i always optimize and then verify after every hoxfix/update to make sure any problems i get after are not from the update its self

7 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi, have you tried hosting several mission in succession? MP isn't required Solo seems to trigger it as well. I just did 3x Invasions and 2x Exterminates. The Evolution Engine started with around 1.6GB. It's now up to 3.948GB.

15 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

0DqGyS6.png

I guess Bioniclefusion and I will try this later then, 1 of us will verify and optimize, other one will not do it, and see the difference and send you the logs again.

Seems to be related specifically to Nvidia Driver 378.49 on my system. I aready reported a Gsync background switching related bug with that driver and it was acknowledged by Nvidia. 

I've now reverted back to 376.33. Memory usage so far stays around 2.4 - 2.5GB.

On 1/29/2017 at 9:45 PM, cx-dave said:

Seems to be related specifically to Nvidia Driver 378.49 on my system. I aready reported a Gsync background switching related bug with that driver and it was acknowledged by Nvidia. 

I updated my Nvidia drivers and now i got a 99% memory usage which is  15 GB RAM!!

On 1/29/2017 at 7:45 AM, cx-dave said:

Thank you very much for this information. If it turns out the 378.49 appears to be the cause of this issue then we absolutely encourage everyone to try rolling back their drivers. The strange thing is I was using the 378.49 drivers when I worked with bioniclefusion and Kyratian on trying to reproduce the leak and my machine was fine. Curious if there is more to this, maybe even specific GPUs (previous test was with a GTX 960). 

1 hour ago, Shinmei said:

I updated my Nvidia drivers and now i got a 99% memory usage which is  15 GB RAM!!

Can you try rolling back your drivers and let us know if you see any improvement? Thanks.

I had a look at this on Nvidia GTX 970M.

Nvidia Driver 376.33: Task manage reads 2.0 - 2.6 GB RAM.

Nvidia Driver 378.49: Task Manager reads 2.0 - 2.6 GB RAM.

Both are after about 1.5 hours. There does not seem to be an issue on GTX 970M that I can find. 

9 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Curious if there is more to this, maybe even specific GPUs

I started getting this over the past few days (I'd guess maybe a week as of making this post), where the in-game RAM counter hovers around 1-2GB in mission, drops to a little under 1GB back in the ship, but Task Manager shows up to 11GB being used by the Evolution Engine. After reading this thread I went to roll back my Nvidia drivers, but found that they hadn't actually updated to 378.49 yet, so I don't think it's related to that specific Nvidia release at least. I'm running a 980ti, gonna optimise and verify the cache tonight to see if that helps at all.

UPDATE: Verifying and Optimizing didn't help, but rolling back the drivers DID fix it. It seemed like just downloading the 378.49 driver without actually installing it had caused the memory leak, but I haven't had any problems since updating to 378.49 and then rolling back to 376.33

Edited by Crimgoure

Hi,

Seems to have the same problems here.

I'm on laptop

i7-3610QM
8 Go Ram
Nvidia GTX 660M

It started with an old driver for nividia, i updatted it to the last no change.

The ram usage ramp up and the fps drops randomly to 1 frame per 5 sec. it starts direcltly at the 2nd mission after launching game...

UPDATE : I'tried the 376.33 but no differences still memory leak and unplayable game

Edited by HurricaneBones

I have some other problem, but from what I saw it and that .. but after you reinstall warframe everything works day or 2 then appears black image, permits to insert a 4 lines of logs despite the fact that you can not do this , and will use situations because I have prawidziwy Warframe support . Some spamming Warframe support of the Polish on the subject but far nothing is known. The image either disappeared or appears black image but you can hear sounds, I tried everything. New windows 7, reinstalling the game, Microsoft patches, new drivers, power options. I have a program that closes unnecessary processes (to speed up the game) all viruses removed Normally you need anti-virus / firewall added power card to the max. I checked the files by steam, the startup program to run it in a window and full screen (in the window, but somehow it was full screen like mine is better) course made all the commands which I ordered and ... nothing. Replaced the paste on the CPU-tested (10 mintue) card processor and memory (ram) will check a hard drive is all about. Drivers checked in AIDA better not. Each game comes (even Battlefront) <--- i use Google translator.

logs that are often repeated:

2301.177 Sys [Warning]: RifleHitSpangLines: Reallocating particles, this should only happen after mode resets!
2301.177 Gfx [Error]: RifleHitSpangLines failed to allocate vertex buffer data, disablin <<<<I thought that this shader or drivers but still nothing

2294.824 Game [Warning]: Cannot create /Lotus/Objects/Gameplay/CreditChipSmallDeco (garbage owner)<<<<<<?!?! im not garbage owner im NEW owner

11.790 Sys [Error]: Could not use material: /EE/Interface/Graphics/PlatformKeys/PCKeyboardPiece (broken)< why ?!?!

My Computer:

win 7

8gb ram(1600)

Athlon II 4x2,8(sometimes 3,2:P)

Radeon R9 270 2gb

Power Supply 500W 

I know that this is not a monster but is doing well, I'm going to exchange it for X8 AMD FX-8320 + 16 best RAM + R9 270 and better hard drive. + Win 10.

I wanted to buy a prime but it is not known whether it will work on amd?

<<

amd on the side of the players !!!!!:P

Edited by Devifariaes

Do you read about memory leak? That can be DoS Attack. Clean computer:P Use Panda or Malwerbyte(Someone post something about that? if yes sorry that i post again) check your windows after cleaning( command:sfc /scannow)  and try reinstall game. 

Edited by Devifariaes

17 minutes ago, Devifariaes said:

Do you read about memory leak? That can be DoS Attack. Clean computer:P Use Panda or Malwerbyte(Someone post something about that? if yes sorry that i post again) check your windows after cleaning( command:sfc /scannow)  and try reinstall game. 

Why would it be a "DoS" if more people have it and it's either driver or game related? Doesn't make sense to me at all honestly.

And yea, it probably is driver related,  I haven't downgraded, will just wait until next update and see if it fixes itself, but reading  people that also have this driver and got the same problem, no doubts about it.

29 minutes ago, Kyratian said:

Why would it be a "DoS" if more people have it and it's either driver or game related? Doesn't make sense to me at all honestly.

And yea, it probably is driver related,  I haven't downgraded, will just wait until next update and see if it fixes itself, but reading  people that also have this driver and got the same problem, no doubts about it.

Yes but not everyone, and some pp have problem after updates, It may be circulating in the network virus:) "The program code, which causes memory leaks, code is erroneous" So that can be Warframe problem,but otherwise -  virus like drivers and other dll file, they combine with specific driver = new virus> new drivers>Dos attack. Why not? that dont destroy your computer. You may be right, but if that dont fix your problem? Sure better if everyone have 50+ Torjan and other malware? You never say that you have some malware on your PC because it's a shame....:D

I know it may seem odd but probably some of the problems are associated with viruses. I had a Trojan that turns itself duplicate and error in warframe DXGI_Error_Device_Hung / Device_Removed. One second I had nothing to do with each other. But I had higher CPU usage, my memory was cluttered, I had corrupted dll files and screen of death. I fixed both

Everyone should check your computer malwarebyte - is the best. I knew where there is a virus because it has detected a panda cloud but if the virus  duplicate in another place, the software copying was detected by the antivirus. I threw the whole folder and  scan by malwerbyte few time, delete this virus by panda cloud , after 2 days is an update of a vaccine against the virus in my quarantine!

1 Clean

2 use command sfc /scannow in cmd(open as admin)

3 post here. 

it is not useless information only true and if someone thinks that it is useless to clean a computer is stupid.

Edited by Devifariaes