Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge memory leak

Kyratian

On 1/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thank you very much for this information. If it turns out the 378.49 appears to be the cause of this issue then we absolutely encourage everyone to try rolling back their drivers. The strange thing is I was using the 378.49 drivers when I worked with bioniclefusion and Kyratian on trying to reproduce the leak and my machine was fine. Curious if there is more to this, maybe even specific GPUs (previous test was with a GTX 960). 

Hi, I just updated to 378.66 WHQL today and the high memory usage is back. Did the Sorties, a couple of Mania alerts, and Maroo's Ayatan mission.

SCzua2V.png

I think it's better that you as a software vendor communicate this to Nvidia. It appears to be rather specific and related to your game engine.

On 16/02/2017 at 0:23 AM, Selendeus said:

at 378.49  is leak. So I send this forum's link to feedback's Nvidia.
now at 378.66 ... is still leak.
So ... is it still not fix by Nvidia ... or ... real problem by warframe self still living?

I'm getting it but nowhere near as bad with an AMD card, problem is with the game (since 19.8.1). That being said I haven't seen any performance drops since 19.11, though it's hard to get long sessions due to the crash after a failed host migration (different bug).

Edited by AreYouAWiiizard

I would just like to bring this up again because a lot of newer people coming to this thread missed it. This issue is most likely due to something with the way the game interacts with your Gpu. I have had this issue with the memory leak for about 2 years now. it has been more prevalent with recent updates of drivers and patches in the game but it has been around for a long time. So please even if rolling back your drivers "fixes" the problem first update it again and submit your game logs (how to is in this thread Thx [DE] Dmitri) to support because this is still a problem even if you can "fix" it on your end. Thank you for hearing me out and have a nice day.

SoulHunter2008

It's worse than ever youhouh !

the memory ramp up, first mission is fine, second is hell, the game after dropping to 4fps crash.

i have to relaunch the game at EVERY MISSION any type of tileset  ! it's unbearable...

i did the scan virus thing, it came clean...

Edited by HurricaneBones

Started today. Windows 7 Gtx960 2go 378.66

I have been on 378.66 since the 16th with no issue until this.

Edit : disabled PhysX effects, no more memory leak. hope it get sorted soon.

Edited by lukaself

Hello. Since the Banshee Prime update Rolled in, I have been experiencing severe memory leaks. Never happened before. was wondering if other people were in the same case, if a solution was in the work, etc....

Unfortunately we are having a difficult time reproducing this issue. We do not have an ETA on a fix at this time, but I can assure you that we are reading all of your posts and looking through all of the files you have been sending us in your support tickets.

If anyone has any additional information that they can provide it would be greatly appreciated. At the moment we are leaning towards this potentially being a GPU driver issue, so if someone would like to try rolling back their NVIDIA drivers and let us know if they notice an improvement then it could help us narrow down the culprit.

Also, would anyone happen to be using any custom settings in their Nvidia Control Panel? We have reason to believe that this could also possibly be the result of a setting in the NVIDIA CP, which would explain why the memory in Task Manager looks so much larger than the number you see in the Warframe in-game memory display.

The best way to test this would be to open your NVIDIA Control Panel, click on Manage 3D Settings, then click Restore under the Global Settings tab.

Restore02.png.a88f287a9d21596945fb6d14886eb749.png

We are also in the process of investigating SLI as a possible piece of this puzzle. So if anyone of you happen to be using SLI then could you please disable it in your NVIDIA Control Panel just for the sake of testing? That way we will know where to focus our attention.

Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

It appears that a hotfix was released by Nvidia not long ago that prevents PhysX from unintentionally being forced to the CPU, and since a number of players have claimed that disabling Nvidia PhysX Effects is a workaround for this memory leak, could we have some of you install this hotfix driver as a test? 

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4405/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-378.72

Thanks again.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

7gb usage game, i have 8gb, game freeze because need more and more memory, the memory leak after update is HUGE

before i watch videos on yt with firefox and play without problems maxed, now i cant even open the task manager, just by minim. the game my entire pc freeze!

Edited by darko99

I had this issue today when doing the new Clan event Evacuation map. I sent in the EE.log with a report then found this post. Afterall it is not often I see Warframe use 15.6g of my 16gigs of ram. When I shut it down it dropped to 3.4g. Saw the post about PhysX and remembered I had started it up the other day so turned it off and restarted warframe. Did Def alert with that new Synth stuff material then another Evacuation to free about 11 guys. No change to normal ram usuage.

After a number of reports that the recent hotfix drivers did not solve the memory leak, we are going to recommend that anyone experiencing these leaks try rolling back to the 376.33 NVIDIA driver. There have been some reports across similar game forums that suggest this is the ideal driver to use at the moment. We understand that some of you may only be experiencing this issue with Warframe, and I can assure you that we will continue to investigate the leak and try to find a solution for it, but for the time being the 376.33 seems to be the ideal driver to ensure system stability.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113448/en-us

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

41 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

After a number of reports that the recent hotfix drivers did not solve the memory leak, we are going to recommend that anyone experiencing these leaks try rolling back to the 376.33 NVIDIA driver. There have been some reports across similar game forums that suggest this is the ideal driver to use at the moment. We understand that some of you may only be experiencing this issue with Warframe, and I can assure you that we will continue to investigate the leak and try to find a solution for it, but for the time being the 376.33 seems to be the ideal driver to ensure system stability.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113448/en-us

disabling nvidia PhysX fixed the memory leak issue for me on 378.66. Back to the good ol 2gb ram usage instead of 20.

Edited by Chocolate.

Also having this issue with memory leaking. I have 16GB of ram and the game consumes it all and crashes while doing the evacuation endurance mission.

EDIT:

I've disabled Nvidia PhysX and the memory consumption appears to have stabilized.

Nvidia Drivers version 378.66

Edited by C4Chaos42

After this new update,for some reason if i do pacifist event for longer period my fps drops and my memory usage goes to 98% idk why,i never had any issues with warframe until now,idk if its because the update or ...but...if i play the event longer then 20 min i have to alt del it...my computer freezes for a min or two...and i have 8 GB RAM,i5 proc and Nvidia GTx 960