Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge memory leak

Kyratian

I have similar problem few days ago everything was fine, stable 144 fps. Now I have them dropping to 60-70 while GPU usage is at 50% or lower (so low in fact my gtx 1060 doesn't even start fans to cool itself)
Nothing changed in my pc except update of Warframe so there must be an issue. . .

21 minutes ago, HugeNob said:

Ive been on break from the game for few months and now im back. Wondering what has happened with the patches and why an earth does the game take almost 7gb ram when its running?

And it's getting more and more, updates and updates.
Earlier I was able to run Warframe at 2GB rams xD.
Later 4GB ram was needed. And now 8GB ram, year or two and we will need 16GB ram.

50 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

um... mines never taken more than 2GB of my ram.  Are you sure you're not reading the total in use by the OS?

Nope i checked the evolution engine.

EDIT: Actually i can just look at the task manager while the game is in the background and the ram used for evolution engine keep just rising

Edited by HugeNob

4 minutes ago, Zenviscerator said:

Yep, when I used DDU and went back to 376.33 it started to free up memory properly again.

Nvidia's drivers lately sure have been great

Agree on this revert to this driver and it is fixed, AKA NVIDIA BUY BETTER DRIVER MONKEYS!!!! (pun is not intended in a insulting way)

I will say tho that Warframe still runs like dog S#&$ on some moments but that is as usual and I hope dis off topic gets fixed with time.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

Just now, TheRoaringLion said:

I will say tho that Warframe still runs like dog S#&$ on some moments

Yeah, because of the AI pathing and Physics causing a bottleneck in many different situations

Just what Steve said 

This can't be right. I check Task Manager from time to time to see what's up with my CPU usage and sometimes i notice the ram usage too - i don't remember the exact numbers but i do recall that the usage seemed relatively small comparing to other game releases. Brb with EDIT after i check the actual numbers... 

EDIT1 : 1400 MB within first 10 seconds of launching the game. 594 MB after that -- But that's in the Liset. Will check the usage inside mission. 

EDIT2 : 1400 - 1500 MB in lith exterminate mission on EARTH (Ingame FPS overlay shows 900 MB usage)

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

9 minutes ago, Zenviscerator said:

Yeah, because of the AI pathing and Physics causing a bottleneck in many different situations

Just what Steve said 

This is a little off topic but because we found the fix for this issue I think it is not that worse.

Its not even that to say tho but ah well its just really apparant  that on my system sometimes nothing is maxed at all and it runs on 30FPS really weird to point out what the culprit is but some say memory speed, what I think is a little stupid but ah well.

I see simular performance figures while streaming and yes you could say while streaming that increases CPU usage but on my way it does not use the CPU as much more or less the GPU does but you don't notice that at all.
This also results in a lower then normal usage while streaming and it may not be as efficient as a capture card but it gets rid of some hassles you could have with a 2 PC streaming setup

Here the specs of my pc:

• MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard.
  • Intel Core I7 4790k CPU capable of running on 4.8 GHz OC(Running on 4.6 GHz now).
  • MSI 4GB D5 X GTX 970 Gaming 4G Graphics cards in SLI (Warframe runs on first GPU second is Phys-X GPU).
  • Crucial 32 GB DDR3-1600 RAM DIMM Memory.
  • 250GB m.2 Crucial SSD .
  • 4x1TB Western Digital Blue HDD in Raid 0.

I stream in a different way than most people do on twitch find it here.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/guide-two-pc-configuration-without-capturecard.6757/

Specs of the server that does the heavy encoding work:

• AsusZ9PA-D8 Dual LGA 2011 Socket Motherboard.
  • Dual Intel Xeon E5-2670 SR0KX CPU 2.6GHz Eight Core 16 Threads Processor 20MB Smart Cache resulting in 16 cores and 32 threads.
  • Crucial 32 GB DDR3-1600 RAM DIMM Memory.
  • Gigabyte ATI HD Radion 4550.
  • 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

i have been grinding that stupid event all day and i started noticing, for like the first time ever, my entire game seizing up momentarily again and again

went to task manager, and warfame or "the evolution engine" is sitting at 12% cpu usage 18,011.6 MB of ram

so either the mission or recent update but this game leaking memory bad

Edited by Kratier

4 minutes ago, Kratier said:

went to task manager, and warfame or "the evolution engine" is sitting at 12% cpu usage 18,011.6 MB of ram

so either the mission or recent update but this game leaking memory bad

Scary numbers... my toaster seems doing fine tho