Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge memory leak

Kyratian

I can confirm there's something bad going in the game when it comes about memory consumption. It's not uncommon that when I stop playing, I end up with an evolution engine consuming more than 2 000 000 Ko (I am NOT making up that number). There's an obvious memory leak somewhere, and it makes the game unplayable at one point. It might also be dangerous for the computer itself.

I have some performance problems since the event update as well, with a gtx 1080 and a 6700k  i ends up with 20 - 30 fps at some points ...

During the orokin reactor alert after the dev stream i had about 15 - 20 fps on that map :/

I do have to restart the game to solve the issue.

I got the lasts drivers, i played ghost recon wildland in ultra with no problems some days ago, so the problem aint from me.

Edited by clemza

1 hour ago, clemza said:

I got the lasts drivers, i played ghost recon wildland in ultra with no problems some days ago, so the problem aint from me.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think someone with a very similar issue recently mentioned that this is PhysX related. Current workarounds include disabling PhysX altogether or rolling back to an earlier driver version (376.33 for nVidia, iirc). 

1 minute ago, Reifnir said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I think someone with a very similar issue recently mentioned that this is PhysX related. Current workarounds include disabling PhysX altogether or rolling back to an earlier driver version (376.33 for nVidia, iirc). 

Will try that thanks.

I guess its because they are no using the "real" Nvidia physx, but their own reworked version. I only have problems with physx in warframe :/

Hello everyone I have kind of a big problem since the Banshee Prime Hotfix i downloaded yesterday morning my warframe is using 1500% the random access memory it used befor it is lagging like hell and my entire PC is lagging as sone is i start. Everything is ok when i start the launcher but as soon as i am in the log in screen everything dies. My driver are up to date and i never had any problem with warframe befor up to that patch i tryed it without the 64-bit mode and without using DirectX 10 and 11 at the same time even tryed it without. I would realy be happy if someone had a tip for me.:smile:

I can attest to the same problem. Ever since the Operation update my RAM has shot up to 5-7GB of usage depending how dense the missions get. I'm playing on medium settings and recently Optimized my games cache will little to no improvement. The game will freeze up and slow down my entire OS for a couple of minutes even after I close the game. 

I hope this gets a look at.

Edited by Volkrotia

I tryed everything related with Nvidia i downgraded a lot, i tryed the hotfixes nvidia gave out and i completly throw everything related with Nvidia of my pc and put it back on. There is nothing in terms of Nvidia left to do to fix it for me. :awkward:

Ye

10 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I think someone with a very similar issue recently mentioned that this is PhysX related

Yep DE_Dmitri was able to find that the driver 376.33 solves this issue with physx and the memory leak. I used DDU and installed it and now I don't have anymore problems with memory.

Yep was victim of a memory leak too, never had one before the last update.

Windows 10 first informed me that Warframe was  eating most of my memory, save to prevent loss of data...

Tried to finish my event mission and the game just closed 30s later (so I lost 100+ prisoners and about everything collected during a 30 mins mission).

Not a nice job DE.

1 hour ago, Bloodstorm99 said:

Yep was victim of a memory leak too, never had one before the last update.

Windows 10 first informed me that Warframe was  eating most of my memory, save to prevent loss of data...

Tried to finish my event mission and the game just closed 30s later (so I lost 100+ prisoners and about everything collected during a 30 mins mission).

Not a nice job DE.

Its still the Nvidia driver frakking up, just revert to the driver that works and reply accordingly please.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Just a reminder since there are quite a few new posts from merged threads.

If you happen to be experiencing this memory leak, and you would like to continue playing Warframe with Nvidia PhysX Effects enabled, then we recommend rolling back to the 376.33 NVIDIA driver (found here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113448/en-us). At least until a solution is found.

Alternatively, if you would like to keep your more recent drivers, you can also disable Nvidia PhysX Effects from the Display Settings in Warframe.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we will continue to search for a solution.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Okay Okay to get this out of the window first.

Could you guys make screenshots of the process using the ram and or I recommend for everyone to go to support and request a support ticket regarding the issue they could help you further with your individual issues https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/

To say tho I see people here with issues regarding the launcher using too much ram and just the game in certain situations, if the launcher is using too much ram in a normal situation there probably is something wrong with your Warframe installation.
Bbest tip for now is remove almost everything regarding of Warframe installations and reinstall it correctly whether it is steam or normal installation it does not matter just fully reinstall the game and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise if this problem still arises your system drivers could be the culprit (not certain but probable). You should check all your system drivers if there is not a single one that is not updated correctly update that one correctly and see if that fixes your issue.

I hope have helped a little with this issue regarding the memory leaks.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion
reinstall warframe first then the driver check

Played a 40 min survival, 5.7gb ram usage. Turned PhysX off, barely hit 2gb ram.

Tested other games with PhysX, no memory leak. And this started with last warframe update. So, other games using PhysX have no problems, and only warframe does. And its nVidia's fault? How come the problems started with recent DE updates?

Just now, BladeRy said:

Played a 40 min survival, 5.7gb ram usage. Turned PhysX off, barely hit 2gb ram.

Tested other games with PhysX, no memory leak. And this started with last warframe update. So, other games using PhysX have no problems, and only warframe does. And its nVidia's fault? How come the problems started with recent DE updates?

Because regarding what you think now Warframe may be the only one that triggers the memory leak event but that does not say that Warframe is the culprit here, If you reverted to the recommended driver, but you still experience issues please DDU http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html that driver if you did not do that already and reinstall the driver. If so then I should say still go to support and see if they could help you further.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Fixed the issue by turning PhysX off. And i am not rolling back the drivers just for one game. I have couple of GB of games installed and no game make this mem leak issue with PhysX.

And if its nvidia's fault, how come the game updates introduced the problem while it was all working fine before. At this point I dont really care, i can play with one option turned off. But it would be faster for DE to hotfix this issue, rather than wait for nvidia to fix drivers (if they fix it at all).

1 minute ago, BladeRy said:

Fixed the issue by turning PhysX off. And i am not rolling back the drivers just for one game. I have couple of GB of games installed and no game make this mem leak issue with PhysX.

And if its nvidia's fault, how come the game updates introduced the problem while it was all working fine before. At this point I dont really care, i can play with one option turned off. But it would be faster for DE to hotfix this issue, rather than wait for nvidia to fix drivers (if they fix it at all).

Reverting to older drivers regarding stability is a common thing, I gotta say I do update drivers to test them but if they appear to be unstable or bring this kind of issues I would rather just revert the driver and wait for a newer driver that is not unstable.

Chao, The Roaring Lion