Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IP banned for too many failed login attempts?

Kristalyn

Question

Has anyone else experienced this? Also if you have for how long? I had been trying to log into my account and failed around 5-6 times since I hadnt noticed that my keyboard was on caps and now it keeps giving me the "Login Failed Check Info" regardless if the password is right. I cant even log into any accounts on the mobile either.

I've already contacted Zendesk but its already been 2 days and I still havent gotten a reply for them I just fail to understand why they would give an IP ban for multiple days for just 5 failed attempts? Most games only give a few minutes and even just a day at most if you fail it more than 10

13 answers to this question

I've only entered it wrong 2-3 times before either for the same reason or because i just woke up and couldnt think yet. Only time i entered it wrong multiple times was when i tried to find out what my password was after starting to play again after 1 year hiatus. But i never got banned so i dunno if you indeed got banned or just misspell your password.

I see.. Thats really odd I was fairly surprised that I couldnt login anymore either after a bit of asking around and researching it led me to believe that I had really gotten IP Ban but some people claim its just temporary but till when? It doesnt really give me a notice. Also no I can login fine on the site and forums just fine (this is my main account) but cant seem to work have also tried reinstalling the game to no avail.

3 minutes ago, -WBA-Spriggan.EX said:

If were ban, the game would notice it to ya after trying to login so is something else.

See a example that i got from Google image search:

8fDpatD.png

I see :o Thats really odd that I'm not getting that notification though it is my IP not the account itself that got banned so I'm unsure :/

3 minutes ago, Kristalyn said:

I see :o Thats really odd that I'm not getting that notification though it is my IP not the account itself that got banned so I'm unsure :/

I just used a example, and the IP would be the same.

If you do some research on forum typing "login failed" you will se a numerous login problems happening with a ton of ppls...

Might happen to me or to ya man so the problem may be DE server issues or ya internet provider not routing well the DNS comunication.

In either case, i do not think that speculating will help but sending a ticket just in case it do not come back in a few hours and keep trying to login each 1 hour just to check out.

11 minutes ago, -WBA-Spriggan.EX said:

I just used a example, and the IP would be the same.

If you do some research on forum typing "login failed" you will se a numerous login problems happening with a ton of ppls...

Might happen to me or to ya man so the problem may be DE server issues or ya internet provider not routing well the DNS comunication.

In either case, i do not think that speculating will help but sending a ticket just in case it do not come back in a few hours and keep trying to login each 1 hour just to check out.

I just found it oddly inconvenient that it happened exactly after I had just failed 5 times I was on that account 5 minutes prior to changing to my other old account and as I was about to go back I failed 5 times it gave me the "try again later" error and basically thats where it started the problem was I tried logging into forums as soon as that happened and had no issues and as I was about to go back to my old account I couldnt log into that anymore either. (everything was just in a span of 10~15 mins or so)

But also yeah I already mentioned I had filed a ticket 2 days ago that has yet to get an answer back since then I've been trying to log in to no avail. Still getting the same error.

EDIT: Its just stressing me out how I havent been able to play for 2 days now just because of those 5 failed attempts so I do apologize if I come off a bit rude

Edited by Kristalyn

27 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Ive done it more before, i dont think its an issue. 2 days isnt long for support, if you wait for more than 8-10 without a reply then ask.

My inquiry wasnt about support its just about how long the temp IP ban takes? I dont see why I would needlessly wait w/o any notification from the game when I could simply just ask other players who had the same experience or is that not what the forums is for..?

15 minutes ago, Kristalyn said:

My inquiry wasnt about support its just about how long the temp IP ban takes? I dont see why I would needlessly wait w/o any notification from the game when I could simply just ask other players who had the same experience or is that not what the forums is for..?

Very true even that we do not know what exactly is your issue, feel free to ask but i still sugest to do some research on fórum.

Theres tons of topics about it, inclusive using a free VPN suggested by own DE to be able to connect.

If i were you, i would research about "login failed" and "VPN" as keywords in case you didn´t.

56 minutes ago, Kristalyn said:

Sorry, i didnt make it clear. The first part was about the logging in. Ive done the password thing 7-8 times in a row before and it wasnt an issue, though it was some time ago so things may have changed.

And i mentioned suppot because you said "... contacted Zendesk but its already been 2 days and I still havent gotten a reply for them ....", and i just wanted to let you know that two days is a very short amount of time, as they get so many messages they are constantly a week behind.