Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie RNG Rework

(PSN)mmcareen

As show on a recent Devstream, sense the introduction of Riven mods, people have begun to run sorties again.  As the main reward most people are looking for, myself including, I understand the frustration of 2k endo 2k lens, 2k endo.  I have seen some ideas put out on reworks, including a token system which I am personally against so I figured i'd put out my own idea for a rework.

So the Idea goes as follows:

Sorties rewards remain broken up as common, uncommon, rare, and legendary

but the RNG would work a little different as well as the drop table

You would have the following chance for each rarity of reward.

Common - 55%

Uncommon - 35%

Rare 9%

Legendary 1%

Here is where the change starts:

Common Rewards would be:

Sculptor - Worth 2k base or 4k base

(new one would have to be added for the 4k)

Focus Lens

3-Day Booster

Uncommon Rewards would be:

Greater Focus Lens

(Greater Lens also removed from market and made tradable)

Exilus Adapter

Forma

Catalyst

Reactor

Rare Rewards would be:

Rifle Riven

Secondary Riven

Shotgun Riven

Melee Riven (I'm assuming they will be added well before this idea is seen/if seen at all)

Legendary Reward would be:

Legendary Core

The drop table themselves don't change really but rather the system in which we get them.

So you RNG a common reward toward, you then get another RNG which gives you one of the common rewards.  

All of the rewards in each rarity has a equal chance, minus the sculptor you get, as if you get that as a reward you get a 3rd RNG to pick 2k/4k one.  

50% there of course.

So each Riven would be 25% chance if you got a Rare Reward

Common rewards would be 33% chance

Uncommon would be 20% each if you got a Rare reward.

Here is where the big chance happens.  

Sortie rewards are no longer squad base but each player has his own list.  

Reason being is you can never get more then 2 of the same reward in one week

So basically if you got 2 sculptors, 2 lens, you are done with those for the week.

Can not get them anymore.

Another big chance is:

You can also only get 1 Legendary reward a week, 2 Rare, 3 Uncommons, 3 Commons.

Once you get to your limit in that rarity for the week, you can no longer draw from that prize pool

So if you get 3 uncommon rewards, 2 rares, on your last 2 Days

you are either getting a Lengendary Core or a Common Drop.

I think this system really helps those who RNG really doesn't like

I have friends like that

helps reduce the salt

keep a little bit of what am I going to get

I'm more then open to adjustments on the idea, it's just I would think would help improve the game

balance out RNG for everyone, while keeping sorties interesting.

I think change the drop rate a little due to feedback and me just being wrong about my numbers.

These new ones should help keep the amount of Rivens being handed out around the same.

While reducing the gap between those who always get them and those who never do.

Edited by (PS4)mmcareen
changed some numbers slightly

Honestly I'd simply like to be able to choose and eventually pick an item from the tier under mine.

Example: I get a greater lens, don't want/need it and can choose endo or riven instead. I get a legendary core, refuse it and get a reactor or a focus lens or a riven

Basically you won big, but accept to take less, but what you eventually really need.

Basically re-roll the RNG for a lower tier

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

1 minute ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Honestly I'd simply like to be able to choose and eventually pick an item from the tier under mine.

Example: I get a greater lens, don't want/need it and can choose endo or riven instead. I get a legendary core, refuse it and get a reactor or a focus lens or a riven

Basically you won big, but accept to take less, but what you eventually really need.

That's not a bad idea either, only one tier under?  So if you get rare you could choice to take a uncommon?  It would increase you getting what you want and with the limit system it still would mean you are not getting rivens 365 days a year

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I meant every tier under

It is a idea.  My only issue with it, is with the limit system I suggested, its basically 4 rivens a week, every single week.  Without a limit system, its daily riven.  Kinda defeats the point, at least that's how I see it.  Unless I'm missing something.

@(PS4)mmcareen I'm just confused to see you post this given your reply on the token system thread. Won't tripling riven drop rates cause exactly what you were afraid of (and unreasonably attributed to a token system even though it had nothing to do with it), namely swamp the market with rivens even faster?

8 minutes ago, Snib said:

@(PS4)mmcareen I'm just confused to see you post this given your reply on the token system thread. Won't tripling riven drop rates cause exactly what you were afraid of (and unreasonably attributed to a token system even though it had nothing to do with it), namely swamp the market with rivens even faster?

It's increase the numbers some people get, its decreasing the numbers other.  Kinda evens out, numbers might have to be adjusted of course.  Someone in my raid group, got like 6 rivens in a row, then one "crap" reward, then another 5 rivens in a row.  The people who RNG hates will still only get 1 riven, which is more then what they are getting.  The people who get them regularly are getting a few bit less.  It's just a idea to try and even them out.  I am against a token system.  Is my idea the way the go?  Maybe not, but someone smarter then me might read this and it spark a way better idea.

Edited by (PS4)mmcareen

Just now, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Oh yeah, I got a Riven out of 14 sorties.

13 were divided between 1 greater lens (not my school), 2 lens (not my school), 1 resource booster, 1 4k endo, 8 x 2k endo

Some people gets Rivens almost daily and make huge plat out of that.

Oh I know, I don't get Rivens too often myself, a friend of mine however does.  This reduces the gap while still keeping a daily reward, and math wise (at least in my head) keeps the amount of rivens out going out around the same, just a little bit more balanced.  So instead of people A (me and you) getting 1 riven in 2 or 3 weeks. and people B (my friend and others) getting rivens every 6 out of 7 day.  It gets a little more balanced, we get a little more of what we want, they get a little less.  The gap between everyone gets reduced and a few bit less salt.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

It's increase the numbers some people get, its decreasing the numbers other.  Kinda evens out, numbers might have to be adjusted of course.  Someone in my raid group, got like 6 rivens in a row, then one "crap" reward, then another 5 rivens in a row.  The people who RNG hates will still only get 1 riven, which is more then what they are getting.  The people who get them regularly are getting a few bit less.  It's just a idea to try and even them out.  I am against a token system.  Is my idea the way the go?  Maybe not, but someone smarter then me might read this and it spark a way better idea.

Sure but that's looking at individual players, the way probability works - when looking at the totality of players running sorties - the ratio of sessions dropping rivens is expected to be close to the 60% drop chance you proposed, whereas currently it's only roughly 20%.

Contrary to this, with the token system we were not proposing to increase the overall amount of rivens being rewarded (in fact it is expected to be lower because not everybody would choose to receive one), that's the reason I was surprised to see you post this.

Personally I'm not sure that throwing rivens out that quickly as you propose here is a good thing because I don't disagree with what you said in the other thread, namely that there needs to remain something for players to hunt for. Sure, you'd still have the secondary and tertiary RNG levels of weapon class and specific weapon but as you said, trading would remove much of that.

Edited by Snib

2 minutes ago, Snib said:

Sure but that's looking at individual players, the way probability works - when looking at the totality of players running sorties - the ratio of sessions dropping rivens is expected to be close to the 60% drop chance you proposed, whereas currently it's only roughly 20%.

Well I just stuck the rarity % there as something quick, those can easily be changed.  To be very similar to the the ratio we have now but more balanced for each player.  If you made everything in the 30% range, you would be a lot closer to what we have now.  A little bit more balanced but still RNG in there.  Would 34% common, 33% uncommon 31% rare and 1% Legendary be closer to what we have now?  Is it just the numbers that are the probably or is it the whole system itself?

18 minutes ago, Snib said:

Contrary to this, with the token system we were not proposing to increase the overall amount of rivens being rewarded (in fact it is expected to be lower because not everybody would choose to receive one), that's the reason I was surprised to see you post this.

Personally I'm not sure that throwing rivens out that quickly as you propose here is a good thing because I don't disagree with what you said in the other thread, namely that there needs to remain something for players to hunt for. Sure, you'd still have the secondary and tertiary RNG levels of weapon class and specific weapon but as you said, trading would remove much of that.

I think you edited this while I was making my other people.  I do agree with you, and this idea, is very very rough, I don't have 13 pages of comments to adjust for it.  I am against a token system, hell I'm against my own idea if what you are saying is correct.  I just didn't want to be one of those, no this is bad without at least throwing something out there myself.  I'm still against a token system, I still believe sorties need to be changed.  If this is a bad idea, and would greatly increase riven mods, instead of balancing who get them.  Then yeah this would be a bad idea.  I'm just going to go to bed and re-read my post when I had a good rest lol.  Thank you for your input

31 minutes ago, Snib said:

Figures, soon as I turn off the computer a idea would come to me.  So rivens are about 20% so if you move uncommon to common, rare to uncommon, and common to rare, and change the limit to 3 common 3 uncommon 3 rare.  You would get at least 1 riven a week with a max of 3 riven a week.  Or put the limit at 2 so everyone would get either 1 or 2 rivens every week?

Yep sorry about the late edit, I thought afterwards that I should explain my point a bit better. So since we now agree on overall riven rarity I have no other problems with your proposal, individual ratios could be tweaked. What you propose is somewhat similar to the old sortie reward system which would allow you to get certain rewards only once, only yours is a bit more complex. 

2 pistol rivens in a row and more endo btw my hoommie has now obtained 3 rivens in a row. so please try and lie again that the drops on sortis are fixed cause they are now worse than ever. SOLUTION- THIS IS A MORE STABLE DROP LIST:

Common drops-
Rifle riven
Pistol riven----->ALL SEPARATE NOT TOGETHER NOT SUPPOSED TO GET THE SAME REWARD IN A ROW
shotgun riven

Uncommon drops- DROP FOCUS LENS MAKE THEM A BLUEPRINT OK NO ONE GIVES 2 S#&$S ABOUT GETTING A REGULAR LENS

4000 endo
3 day cred booster
3 day affinity booster -------------> ALLL DROPPPING SEPERATE!!!
3 resource booster
3 day resource drop chance booster

RARE DROPS- TAKE THAT S#&$YY &#! LENS THE FUDGE OUT WE DONT WANT IT AT ALLLLLLL

exilus adapter
forma
orokin catalyst FULLY BUILT if i can get a catalyst BP from a alert what makes u think we deserve a BP from the sorti
orokin reactor FULLY BUILT if i can get a reactor BP from a alert what makes u think we deserve a BP from the sorti

Ultra rare drops

LEGENDARY CORE

think this S#&$ over cause myself and many others are fed up with ur S#&$ty reward pool christ destiny is a heaping POS but there RNG and loot table for there dailys is more promising then ur sorti...SAD