Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock one stat on Rivens

(PSN)mmcareen

So I have a idea how to improve Riven mods.  I'm pretty sure at this its safe to say random stats on Rivens are not going anywhere.  I myself am 17 rolls into my Amprex, 14 on my Braton, 15 on my Penta and still planning on re-rolling.  I got pretty good rolls but I can see better.

This got me thinking however, wouldn't it be great if I could lock even just one stat.  So the basic idea, is the Kuva Guardians, would have a chance to drop a blueprint.  This blueprint, would only take a minute to build, require 1000 Kuva and some other resources, alloy plates?  Once built when you got to re-roll, you could apply this item to 1 stat.

So if you have a Riven with:

147.5% Crit Damage

82.2% Max Ammo

121.9% Reload Speed

You could apply the item to lets say the crit damage, so when you re-roll, that stat carriers over exactly how it is.  147.5% crit damage would be on both rolls you have to choice from.

You could only lock in 1 stat per roll.

You would have to use the item each roll, so you would need a rebuild the item.

Because you have to use the item again, if you wanted to change the stat you want to lock, it's no big deal.

I think requirement of a extra 1000 kuva per roll makes being able to lock one stat very acceptable.

Many people would love that, but I'm not sure this is gonna happen. Not impossible though, since you kind of need very specific stat sets for "godly" rivens (in most cases crit chance crit damage and one "nice" negative or damage multishot with one negative) so being able to lock just one stat would be a nice thing indeed, without overturning the essentially lottery-like nature of the system.

It would certainly make my life easier trying to get that +damage +multishot Daikyu riven...

2 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Many people would love that, but I'm not sure this is gonna happen. Not impossible though, since you kind of need very specific stat sets for "godly" rivens (in most cases crit chance crit damage and one "nice" negative or damage multishot with one negative) so being able to lock just one stat would be a nice thing indeed, without overturning the essentially lottery-like nature of the system.

It would certainly make my life easier trying to get that +damage +multishot Daikyu riven...

That's exactly what I was thinking, I got a very high damage roll on my Braton mod, but I got crit chance instead of status chance.  I would love to be able to re-roll it and give my Damage stat.  I would still have to deal with, as you said, the lottery-like nature of the other stats, but at least I know I always got that one stat that makes my weapon better.  Even if the stat type locked and the number chanced, that would help reduce the RNG a lot.

To be Honest, this isn't the first time this idea has been thought up.

the first time i heard of this idea to lock stats on rivens came from Brozimes Youtube video explaining how Rivens were bad for Warframe about 2 months ago. In it, he does mention the same idea that you bring up about locking stats in place while "spinning" mods to get better Rivens and having a sense of control over odds being in your favor. Ill post the link to his video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZblBufb4k

At about 20:50 into the video, he brings up the same idea that you mention. Granted this video is about 2 months old, but i must agree with some of the ideas for Rivens (such as Standardizing Stats and Locking Stats in place). One of the main issues with Rivens is the overall "lottery" feel to them and how they basically create A artificial "luck" stat in game IMO.

Im sure that if they create some form of "control" over rivens,such as Locking rivens in place, they will much more bearable and more fun to persue, not to mention make grinding for Kuva more productive and meaningful overall.

They did a type of "control" system with Void Relics, so i dont see why they can't do the same with Rivens, especially given the Randomness of the Rivens.

Edited by WanderoftheAether

I'll chime in for this request. I have rolled a number of rivens many times trying to get the stats I want. That's not to say I never rolled good stats on said mods, but these good stats are not what I want. So I am left forever rolling, and rolling and there is no progression with this thing. It's pure and utter RNG.

haJuWdT.png

As an end-game player I mostly farm kuva outside of sorties and raids, and it's getting frustrating in that the system has no real progression. Being able to lock in one stat that you really like or want will go a long way. In the 88 times I have rerolled that vectis riven, punch-through had only appeared twice, with terrible other stats accompanying it. And that is just one weapon. I'm currently sitting at 15 riven mods for weapons I enjoy using, but I haven't bothered working on them a whole lot. It's been 2 months since TWW came out and I've essentially made 0 progress on any riven. Feelsbadman, how long is it supposed to take for us to roll a riven we desire from a time gate perspective? Should I invest a year into one weapon? If it's been 2 months with 0 progress as far as I'm concerned and I stll have to roll all the mods I have to get the combination of stats I'd like. It would take 30 months to get no where at the current rate

And don't even bother with "You don't need perfect stats ...". Yeah I do, as an end-game player I don't need to settle for mediocrity. I'm more than willing to put in the time and effort to get my riven mod to a point I would like it to be, but it appears that time may very well be infinite. Never mind getting 3 stats you actually want, there are some negative stats I wouldn't mind either, but I've long given up on getting 4 random stats that I actually want.

Lastly some will make the argument "Just buy the riven you want with plat". I would as a matter of fact if someone was selling the riven I want. Let's ignore that most players don't understand non-crit weapons and advertise gargabe stats as "god-rivens" that are useless in reality and are worth just the base riven mod cost if anything (said base cost determined by player driven-market value). I have been scouring trade-chat to see if anyone is actually selling a riven with stats that interested me and most people sadly are not, most people sadly aren't even selling good rivens for exhorbant prices. The riven trade market is dirty, majority of players are just getting ripped off, a few are getting mods that are probably close to what they want, and fewer still are managing to buy riven mods with the exact stats that they were looking for.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

1 hour ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I'll chime in for this request. I have rolled a number of rivens many times trying to get the stats I want. That's not to say I never rolled good stats on said mods, but these good stats are not what I want. So I am left forever rolling, and rolling and there is no progression with this thing. It's pure and utter RNG.

Reveal hidden contents

haJuWdT.png

As an end-game player I mostly farm kuva outside of sorties and raids, and it's getting frustrating in that the system has no real progression. Being able to lock in one stat that you really like or want will go a long way. In the 88 times I have rerolled that vectis riven, punch-through had only appeared twice, with terrible other stats accompanying it. And that is just one weapon. I'm currently sitting at 15 riven mods for weapons I enjoy using, but I haven't bothered working on them a whole lot. It's been 2 months since TWW came out and I've essentially made 0 progress on any riven. Feelsbadman, how long is it supposed to take for us to roll a riven we desire from a time gate perspective? Should I invest a year into one weapon? If it's been 2 months with 0 progress as far as I'm concerned and I stll have to roll all the mods I have to get the combination of stats I'd like. It would take 30 months to get no where at the current rate

And don't even bother with "You don't need perfect stats ...". Yeah I do, as an end-game player I don't need to settle for mediocrity. I'm more than willing to put in the time and effort to get my riven mod to a point I would like it to be, but it appears that time may very well be infinite. Never mind getting 3 stats you actually want, there are some negative stats I wouldn't mind either, but I've long given up on getting 4 random stats that I actually want.

Lastly some will make the argument "Just buy the riven you want with plat". I would as a matter of fact if someone was selling the riven I want. Let's ignore that most players don't understand non-crit weapons and advertise gargabe stats as "god-rivens" that are useless in reality and are worth just the base riven mod cost if anything (said base cost determined by player driven-market value). I have been scouring trade-chat to see if anyone is actually selling a riven with stats that interested me and most people sadly are not, most people sadly aren't even selling good rivens for exhorbant prices. The riven trade market is dirty, majority of players are just getting ripped off, a few are getting mods that are probably close to what they want, and fewer still are managing to buy riven mods with the exact stats that they were looking for.

Dude, respect.  Now that's commitment.  I'm in the same boat as you, just way behind.  I don't need "perfect" stats, but I am not going to settle.  What's the point of it then?  With locking in only 1 stat, it does help with the frustration of repeated re-roll, does it get rid of it?  No, we still got the other 3 stats to deal with.  It just gives us a much better chance to get to, I'm happy with this.  Then its onto the next riven.  I got at least 6 I want to work on.  Slowly at it, that's just for primaries, I haven't even gotten a secondary or shotgun one yet.

7 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

^ So much this.

And I vote new Mayor of the Internets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I still hope this will become a thing.  I have basically given up on Rivens for the simple fact I started seeing people with rolls in the 100s for just 1 riven mod.  I have 11 Riven currently that I want to get better rolls on.  Giving us some control would not be too much to ask

• 2 months later...

Was really hoping this would get more traction then its gotten.  I still don't look at rivens because I'm waiting on improvements to be made.  I am starting to see more and more people with 100 plus re-rolls on 1 riven, in hopes that RNG puts 4 stats in your favor.  Too much RNG, even for me.

I agree. During the double resource weekend I got to 102 rolls on my supra riven and still got nothing. Ended up buying the riven I wanted.

Something must be done to include progression, even if there is RNG involved.

Everyday lots of new rivens enter the market. Since there is no reliable way to get good rolls, maket is filled with bad rivens. This coupled with the slot limitation, is starting to cause a new situation, some people dont want even donated rivens. Everybody is filled up, the few actually good rolls cost a firtune and people who used to farm kuva are starting to get fed up by the attrocious RNG involved to get a good roll.

Why is everyone saying they would keep dmg stat?I would rather keep A negative like -zoom or -flight speed for hitscan weapons.Dmg stat is a lot common unlike some good negative that doesn't influence its weapon but increases other Riven mod stats greatly. 

Edited by RistN

6 minutes ago, RistN said:

Why is everyone saying they would keep dmg stat?I would rather keep A negative like -zoom or -flight speed for hitscan weapons.Dmg stat is a lot common unlike some good negative that doesn't influence its weapon but increases other Riven mod stats greatly. 

6 minutes ago, RistN said:

Has this actually been confirmed?  I have seen people say before, did a quick look but couldn't find any proof of it.  To me it always seem like the old myth, don't run in survival it drains the life support quicker.  Either way, having the option to keep a stat would be better, no matter what you decide to keep. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Has this actually been confirmed?  I have seen people say before, did a quick look but couldn't find any proof of it.  To me it always seem like the old myth, don't run in survival it drains the life support quicker.  Either way, having the option to keep a stat would be better, no matter what you decide to keep. 

Yes, the bigger the negative stat the higher the positive stats. Just look at your own rivens that is all the proof you will need. It is noticable at just a glance.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

It is a fact

Edited by RistN

I'd support this as long as you pay 2x the amount of Kuva per roll that it would cost normally, so 1800 for the first with a locked stat, 2k, etc due to this making it far far easier to roll your perfect rivens. To lock a second stat, it would cost 3x or 4x the kuva cost. This seems fair to me considering that getting my current Sybaris with cc, dmg, pt and -impact to something like cc, dmg, cd and the negative would be extremely powerful, especially with the release of Sybaris Prime. It just leads to massive inflation in riven prices for those perfect rolls because nobody would want to pay 7000 kuva per roll after the 9th.

• 2 months later...

But the biggest problem with this is that riven mods have from 2 to 4 stats.Values of stats vary depending on number of stats and if mod has one negative stat.For example most powerful positive stats are if mod has 2x positive and one negative stat.So when you say lock one stat it isn't really so simple as it sounds.Rivens are much more complicated.

P.S.

Everyone is talking about locking dmg,CD,cc... stat.The best stat that you should lock is A+ negative like zoom or flight speed on hitscan weapon.If it was possible that is....