The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming to purchase more farming.

DeMonkey

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The AkLex Prime has been added! Baro Ki’Teer will hold the new Axi A2 Relic during his visit this weekend that contains all you need to claim this newest weapon for your Arsenal. 

Yeah, I made a post in the update notes but that's hardly feedback.

Like... what on earth is going on!?

I now have to spend my time farming fissures for ducats to purchase limited time items that grant me limited access to more farming from which I have a chance at getting the item I want.

This is nonsense, and I'm genuinely worried about whether this is likely to be a trend. Yeah, slippery slopes are a fallacy, but the grind has hardly been going uphill.

When is it too much DE? At what point will you stop arbitrarily increasing the grind?

What was wrong with just adding it to the existing pool?

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say it's a ducat sink. Perhaps players are amassing too many ducats, so introducing a little RNG into spending them may trick players into wasting a lot.

Alternately, it could just be an honest attempt to make Baro more attractive. It's well-known people complain no matter what he brings, so they wanted to try something new -- people like new Prime items, so maybe giving him a new Relic...?

I must say I agree. The moment I saw that I already made my mind up that I won't even bother with the aklex. The weapon is probably cool and has the best stats for a secondary but grinding to grind isn't my thing. I'd rather grind to get different guns to grind with rather than grinding to grind to get a different gun to grind with. Weren't DE going to reduce the grind? I know that reducing it would make the game pointless since it's a game based around grinding but this is getting ridiculous.

And don't forget about all the bugs with the fissure rewards that were fixed multiple times.

I don't even know how expensive those relics are yet, but I feel the pain of getting 4x forma on a radiant run with them.

Why reading patch notes is becoming more and more painful with every update?

2 minutes ago, Mr_bunny said:

I must say I agree. The moment I saw that I already made my mind up that I won't even bother with the aklex. The weapon is probably cool and has the best stats for a secondary but grinding to grind isn't my thing. I'd rather grind to get different guns to grind with rather than grinding to grind to get a different gun to grind with. Weren't DE going to reduce the grind? I know that reducing it would make the game pointless since it's a game based around grinding but this is getting ridiculous.

The stats are the same as Lex Prime. AkLex Prime has more firerate and mag size and a longer reload. That's it.

Very worrysome indeed, i posted in the update thread as well. Extreme time-gated heavily RNG weighted items are a big no-no for me.

On top of it. They explicitly said they werent balancing weapons around rivens, they were balancing rivens around weapons. Okay. So why does the aklex P, which has almost identical stats to the lex P, have such a vastly different riven dispostion?

This makes no sense. They are contradicting what they say with their actions.

Edited by Skaleek

11 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

@KirukaChan 's right, we should probably wait for more information until we really judge. But, knowing this game, it's probably Baro exclusive.

I'm more of an ''eyes closed, head first'' kinda guy.

Raise awareness, get clarification from DE if possible rather than vague hotfix notes.

Edited by DeMonkey

6 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Perhaps the new Relic is being added to regular drop tables, but Baro also has it for this weekend so you can stock up on them?

I'm going to wait for a DE person to give a little more information before I start flinging mud.

Considering that the update post makes no mention of future availability, I think it's fair to assume that this relic is intended to be Baro-exclusive.

If that's not the case, and DE want this relic to be part of normal tables, they goofed up in not explaining that and they will have to pay the cost in bad PR until they fix it. Sorry, but that's how business works, DE.

3 minutes ago, Multicom-EN- said:

The stats are the same as Lex Prime. AkLex Prime has more firerate and mag size and a longer reload. That's it.

Don't forget, you get a x10 multiplier to badassery whilst dual wielding.

Especially when dual wielding hand cannons.

My question is whether this new relic is going to be a consistent sale item from Baro (like the Sands of Inaros quest) or if it's going to be rotating in and out, like all of his other items. I fully expect that it's going to be Baro-exclusive.