Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Survey] Minimap, what do you think?

--RV--ThaPear

I'm trying to gather some information about how people feel about the current minimap. There's 18 questions with up to 3 answers each, so you can click right through.
The survey is divided into sections about each part of the minimap.
Contents:
Page 1) Introduction
Page 2) About you (optional)
Page 3) Excavation power cells
Page 4) Warframe icons
Page 5) Pickup and container icons
Page 6) Enemy markers
Page 7) Minimap general
Page 8) What I've forgotten, a chance for you to tell me where I messed up.

Without further ado, here's the link: 

Survey

I noticed a lot of people say they want individual ammo pickups represented on the mini-map. My concern is too much information becomes rather chaotic and then you are no longer able to see what you want to. I think if they added a minimap filter so i could choose what shows up and what does then i'd be happy to have ammo as a separate icon so i could remove it from my mini-map via a filter.

Minimap is great the way it is. The only thing about the minimap that needs to be fixed is the icons that show objectives, waypoints and fallen players that are further than minimap shows, showing which doors to take to get there the fastest. I can't coun't how many times i couldn't reach a fallen player, because i was followning the icon on the minimap when i should have gone on totally different path.

As for the survey.

Why are you so pissed about minimap? All you did was list all the things that are on it and asked if we want them removed or changed. Ayatan sculptures, syndicate medalions and ammo do not need their own icon. If there was an ammo icon, then the entire minimap would be flooded after 5 minutes of survival and if sculptures and medalions had their own icon, it would be to easy, you would just rush through the mission only slowing down when you saw them on the minimap.

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

My concern is too much information becomes rather chaotic

My thoughts exactly.
The minimap does too much and detracts away from the gameplay on the screen.
The more things we add to the minimap, the more reliant we are on it; the more it becomes a game where ~30% of the time our eyes are on the minimap instead of focusing on what is happening on the screen. I already tend to do this with Telos Boltace; spamming radial attacks and watching where I'm going or where I need to go on the minimap. It's very effective but I really don't think that's how I should be playing the game :/

1 hour ago, Sketch065 said:

Why are you so pissed about minimap? All you did was list all the things that are on it and asked if we want them removed or changed. Ayatan sculptures, syndicate medalions and ammo do not need their own icon. If there was an ammo icon, then the entire minimap would be flooded after 5 minutes of survival and if sculptures and medalions had their own icon, it would be to easy, you would just rush through the mission only slowing down when you saw them on the minimap.

I'm not necessarily pissed about the minimap, I just feel that more and more information is being stuffed into it that I don't necessarily need and that detracts from the clarity of the information I would like. I just wanted to see if this is an opinion other people also have instead of just going "DE fix plox" in a ragethread.

I myself voted no on all the separate icon questions, but I didn't want my own opinion to bias the questions in the survey.

Edited by ThaPear

21 minutes ago, ThaPear said:

I'm not necessarily pissed about the minimap, I just feel that more and more information is being stuffed into it that I don't necessarily need and that detracts from the clarity of the information I would like. I just wanted to see if this is an opinion other people also have instead of just going "DE fix plox" in a ragethread.

I myself voted no on all the separate icon questions, but I didn't want my own opinion to bias the questions in the survey.

I might have misunderstood the purpose of your post, and i apologize for it.