Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Platinum - Guide

Madamou

Hello everyone, good morning/day/evening isn't it ? 

I figured I'd do a post about how I spend my daily 1-2 hours of gaming in Warframe, and how I managed to get a very decent and stable way of gaining plats through 2 main methods. Both of the ways in which I farm the platinum require specific mods or warframe, but can be achieved without them. (Anyway, the mods/frames are easily obtainable). Enjoy your reading.

First Method : Syndicate Farming.

What do you need ?

• A Stealth Frame (Top List for this : Loki>Ivara>Limbo>Ash) You can also use a Huras Kubrow or Shade.
  • An AoE passive damaging frame. (Top List for this : Ember/Day Form Equinox)
  • A Radar Mod (Either Natural Instinct or Thief's Wit or Loot Detector)
  • At least 90 minutes each day. 

How It works :  The worst part of this method is to get it set up. You need to have at least two max ranked syndicates or three if possible (best way). To do so, you'll need to carefully select which one you want to pick mods/parts/weapons from, for yourself. This will require a Forma, an Orokin Catalyst/Reactor, some Prime Parts & Credits, lots of them. Even though it may seem expensive, it will prove to be worth at least 100+ plat each 3-4 days for only 90 minutes of farming each day. 

Once you have your syndicate at the highest rank, and the daily missions available, you're going to pick the Warframe you will use accordingly to the mission. For any : Sabotage/Rescue/Spy you should pick your Stealth Setup. For any Mobile Defense/Defense/Survival/Excavation/Interception you should pick your AoE Damaging Warframe. In BOTH CASES, make sure to have at least one of the Radar Mods active to detect Syndicate Tradeable Items that will appear on the map.

If you're playing a stealthy mission, you should pick AoE Damaing weapons to swing around and destroy any white case appearing on your minimap, and closely look for all possible item to gather. (This is also a great way of getting Ayatan Scultpures and Rare Containers). I recommend doing these missions SOLO, because you don't need anyone to finish the mission before you are done, or before you checked every room.

Now for Aoe Passive Damaging Setup (APDS) you will have to have a high-energy/efficiency/damage build (can be hard to achieve, do you best) because you will run around with the same purposes as mentionned above. However you will be under a timer in most case, so be sure to check the SOLO option if you're not sure of your ability of gathering all medalions as fast as possible.

The reason why you should an APDS is because you're going to use (and this works for any mission, even stealthy ones) a specific Syndicate Sigil on your warframe. If you're carefull about your Fashion Frame, just put it in the back with lowest brightness and it won't ruin your super Gold/Pink Hydroid Setup. These Sigils, should either be the 13% Increase to Standings gained that you can get for free when completing the last rank of a clan, or the +15% (worth 50k standings) if you're going for a low farm. (+2% may look minor but it can increase your Standing/Mission up to 500.) Because Sigils convert a share of the affinity you obtain, and that you cannot kill while running around, you will need to have an APDS to gain increased standings, while gathering your Tradeables. This may lead to +12K Standings/Endless Mission (not counting the medallions).

> Now that you have your 135.000 Standings, you can purchase your weapons/mods/syandanas first and repeat this farming method every day, to sell a weapon for ~30 plats every 3 to 4 days which will lead to up to 250 Plat in a Week for only 90 Minutes every day !

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Second Method : Prime Parts Farming

What do you need ?

- Any of those : 

1. A Defensive Warframe (Frost/Vauban/Slow Built Nova)
  2. A Damaging Warframe (Saryn/Ember/Resonating Quake Banshee or Mesa)
  3. An EV Trinity.
  4. A Buffing Warframe (Flash Accelerant Ember/Roar Rhino/Resonance Banshee/Prime Molecular Nova, etc...)

- A bit of luck : this method relies on RNG and thus, awards more than the first one.

-120 Minutes/day. 

- (If you can have a Resource Booster, it's dope.)

How does it work ?

Very simply indeed. There are three phases : Low/High Tier Relic Farming, and Relic Opening. 

Low/High Tier Relic Farming : 

So for this part, I suggest you pick either Berehynia (Sedna) or Hieracon (Pluto) and join or host an endless long run of these missions. For Hieracon, depending on your gear's strength and the time you have, you should go for at least 2400 Cryotic (24 Finished Extractor, for 6 Completed Rotations and ~~ Relics). For Berehynia, you can do 8 or 12 Rounds and it's much more easy and boring. So if you have other stuff to do while farming this can be an option. The point here, is to dedicate half an hour to farming as much Rare Relics as possible.  (To Farm low tier Relics, just choose lower level missions of these kind or simply farm regular endless missions) (I recommend doing 50/50 of your farming time for low/high tier relics and keeping the remaining time for opening them).

Low/High Tier Relic Opening : For this part, RNG will be the word. You have two options, you either non-stop run Low Tier Relics for Reactans and potential Drops (This may also help you get Ducats or Prime Parts which you may need). You can also alternate each day of farming if your time is limited, and do say in a Week, A/B/A/B/A/B/A, (A, being the day you open low Tier Relics for reactants & B, being the day you upgrade your High Tier Relics to Radiant and open them in a Radiant Share Squad). This way you will farm enough relics to open 8-12 Radiants a Week & 20-25 Low Tier/Week. 

The Idea behind this method is to rely heavily on the chance you have of getting rare plat-worth parts in both farming low & high relics, but still having a backup-plan if RNG leaves the ship. This should allow you (then again it's RNG) to sell each rare item for either 100 Ducats or 40-120 Plat (depending on how recent/powerfull/used the Weapon for which you have a part is).

With a bit of luck , you should easily reach 300-400 Platinum each week, but chances are you might as well struggle to get a single 100 or less.

That's it for me, hope I could help some people in search of platinums and I'd gladly hear about your feedback, maybe on how to improve my methods what yours are ! 

Cheers !

(Post Scriptum : I am not a native English Speaker so I probably did spelling mistakes, make sure to correct me if you wish to.)

May I also add to your syndicate guide: the telos boltace with a range mod (preferably primed reach), and the ignis, are both very good for opening crates (they can both punch through walls/obstacles). Makes for clearing a room of all crates and checking for medallions a lot faster and easier.

very nice plat farming guide for newer players, wish I had something like this 800 hours ago :)

You can also spam short fissures (pub or solo) with the junk intact relics. Pub preferably so you get 3 other choices/RNG. Getting something good is just a bonus, sell that for plat. Otherwise just select any junk primes. Wait for baro to arrive, sell them to people buying junk primes.